Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS' Minka Kelly Cast as Dove in TITANS

SFSwUV8.jpg

Friday Night Lights alumna Minka Kelly has been tapped to play Dove opposite Alan Ritchson’s Hawk in the new live-action series Titans, from Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV, which is slated to premiere in 2018 as part of the inaugural slate of a new DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service.

Kelly’s Dove, aka Dawn Granger, is one half of the crime-fighting, vigilante duo and romantic couple Dove and Hawk. Dove is strategic, defensive and lithe — the opposite of Hawk, an aggressive, offensive bruiser.

Both Kelly and Ritchson will be recurring, with an option to become regulars in Season 2. I hear the producers also are exploring a potential Hawk and Dove spinoff series down the road, which would be headlined by the duo.

Written by Goldsman, DC Entertainment’s Johns and Berlanti, Titans follows a group of young soon-to-be superheroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In the action-adventure series, Dick Grayson (Brenton Thwaites) emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes that includes Starfire (Anna Diop), Raven (Teagan Croft) and others.

Kelly, known for her role as Lyla Garrity on Friday Night Lights, recently did an arc on Jane the Virgin. She also had recurring roles on Parenthood and The Path, on which she reunited with her FNL executive producer Jason Katims.

‘Titans’: Minka Kelly Cast As Dove In DC Live-Action Series (Exclusive)

how do you feel about the casting ?

I enjoyed those two character in Justice league unlimited series, but i think they are taking this on different direction.

how do you feel about the casting ?

I enjoyed those two character in Justice league unlimited series, but i think they are taking this on different direction.
It feels like they're making Hawk and Dove as some sort of veteran crimefighters. That's just my guess based on Minka's age (38). I like both Hawk and Dove casting regardless. I am a fan of both the actors.

The Starfire casting is the only blemish in the show.

2ahdqu8.gif~c200

Never heard of it before, but I'm old and not very hip to what the kids are up to these days

Haven't seen it yet, hope they're not fighting again.

I kinda forgot what happened on the last few episodes of last season or maybe I haven't watched them yet.

hahahahahahahaha

Guess you forgot what happened at the end of the last season.

:p

Who's looking forward to DWTS season 25?

Nobody? Anyone?

tZOS8.gif

Finished watching shooter season 2

Loved the first season
8/10 for me
Second season though is poor to be honest
4/10 is what I'd rate it

Just poor compared to season 1
If season 3 returns, I'm sure it'll be the final season.

And them damn explosion/fire scene effects were awful, lol.

Was looking forward to season 2 but it was a big let down

Time to finish Brooklyn 99 s4 and then watch narcos s3

DARK MATTER Cancelled at Syfy After Three Seasons

hDZlBxy.jpg

There won't be more Dark Matter at Syfy. The NBCUniversal cabler has canceled the drama after three seasons, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Co-creator Joseph Mallozzi announced the cancellation in a blog post Friday. "It is with great sadness that I confirm the news. Syfy has cancelled Dark Matter after three seasons. To say that I’m incredibly disappointed would be an understatement," he wrote. "I just want to extend a heartfelt thanks to my amazing crew, my wonderful cast, and to all of you, our incredible fans. You all deserved better."

The news comes a week after the third season finale of Dark Matter.

Mallozzi created the hourlong with Paul Mullie based on their comic book of the same name. The Canadian drama centered on a group of six people who wake up with amnesia aboard a starship. With no memories of their previous lives, they set about trying to determine who they are and what happened to them.

'Dark Matter' Canceled at Syfy After 3 Seasons

Killjoys renewed but Dark Matter is cancelled, there is no justice in this world.

Too soon <Lmaoo>

Fans of Dark Matter on twitter are rallying to try to convince Netflix to pick up Dark Matter for two final seasons.

If you're on twitter, be sure to like and retweet #RockTheGaza

And if I knew Jodelle Ferland was in the show, I would have checked it out a while ago. She's the cutest 22 year old... well.. ever.

Ferland_Jodelle4x6.jpg

She's older, but just as cute, as she was in Silent Hill.

Female-Led GREATEST AMERICAN HERO Reboot Lands at ABC

pdc_greatesthero.jpg

The Greatest American Hero is eyeing a comeback -- but with a very modern twist.

A female-led reboot of the beloved '80s series has landed at ABC with a hefty put pilot commitment, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The single-camera, half-hour comedy remake follows Meera, a 30-year-old Indian-American woman from Cleveland, whose talents include tequila drinking and karaoke and not much else. Then some aliens entrust her with a super suit to protect the planet, and the world has never been in more unreliable hands.

The original series was an hourlong and starred a white male actor (William Katt) in the lead role. The show, also known for its catchy theme song, debuted on ABC in 1981 and ran for three seasons.

Fresh Off the Boat writer-producer Rachna Fruchbom will pen the pilot and exec produce with Fresh Off the Boat creator Nahnatchka Khan, her producing partner Mandy Summers and original series Stephen J. Cannell's daughter, TV director Tawnia McKiernan (Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods). 20th Century Fox TV, where Khan's Fierce Baby banner is based, will co-produce with ABC Studios.

Female-Led 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot Lands at ABC

Anyone here watch Santa Clarita Diet?

:oops:

It's a horror comedy tv series, 30 min episode x10

Worth a watch, it's good. 7/10
Ratings are good

Netflix only

Anyone here watch Santa Clarita Diet?

:oops:

It's a horror comedy tv series, 30 min episode x10

Worth a watch, it's good. 7/10
Ratings are good

Netflix only
Love Santa Clarita Diet. Timothy Olyphant is hilarious in here and a nice change of pace from the Justified actor.

Dark Matter canceled?! I can't invest in fucking ANYTHING

I am so fucking sick of these.

If you're sick of them, stop watching them.

If you're not watching them, how can you be sick of them?

The original show was mediocre at best. The new one could be great. Or it could be crap. Won't know until I see it, and I'll definitely see it. The Ghostbusters reboot was twice as good as Ghostbusters 2 and I really liked it.

If it's the phenomenon of cross sex rebooting you hate, in the long run it will be driven by money. It's logical that if people want to see them they'll be more likely to survive, and if people don't want to see them the studios will be hesitant to waste money.

Reactions to trends take time. Something seems like a good idea, the industry jumps on board. It takes a number of failures for them to give up. I don't know if cross sex reboots are succeeding or failing (although I've heard that female driven films are making a mountain of net profit with their huge audiences and lower overhead, as they're not as effects driven).

The wirework in Powers season 2 is unreasonably bad.

It looks like it was shot in 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back