TV Show Thread (Dark Crystal Prequel; The Witcher on Netflix; ABC, Fox's New Shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anybody below is reading this, my personal hell would be making love to Yvonne Strahovski over and over again. Ugh. Yucks.
Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing_zps963c0ca5.gif

Mine is a neverending orgy between me and a harem of my favorite Instagram models. Could you imagine of living through that, over and over.... and over again? Absolutely horrific.

Anyway, Chloe not telling anyone about her condition at the beginning was dumb. Glad they're still stretching Lucifer and Chloe's romance. Most of the time, it's the chase that's more satisfying.
Yeah, I'm glad that they've established that they do in fact have feelings for one another. I'm also glad that they're stretching it out in a believable fashion. At least when it comes to fiction, the chase is more fun than the goal.

Okay episode. Livewire might become the Captain Cold of the series (an antihero). Mon-El should have kissed Kara at the end. This Daxamite might slowly be turning Kree. Don't agree with Kara condemning Jimmy about being a crime fighter. Kinda hypocritical considering her sister is also just a mere human.
I wouldn't be opposed to Livewire being a recurring villain. btw, Captain Cold is more of an antivillain.

Can Mike of the Interns even be a Kree? He's confirmed to have been getting some from like 5 different women this season.

I see where Kara's coming from though. I wouldn't say Alex and the Guardian Duo are in the same situation at all. Alex has technically been fighting aliens even longer than Kara has. Being in danger is literally a part of her job description. Sure, she's also a mere human, but she has an entire government agency backing her up and never goes out in the field without an entire tactical team with her. Winn is an ascended IT guy (turned quantum physicist and mechanical/robotics/electrical engineer?) in a I'M TOTALLY NOT IN HERE van, and James is a photographer with no confirmed combat training dressed in cosplay.

Although, Kara's reasoning for not wanting to work with them at the end is dumb. Even if she doesn't support it, the only way to ensure that they both stay safe (which is the entire reason she wants them to stop) is to work more closely with them.

Last edited:
LUCIFER

The Groundhog Day torture in Hell was interesting. If anybody below is reading this, my personal hell would be making love to Yvonne Strahovski over and over again. Ugh. Yucks.

LOL.

Anyway, Chloe not telling anyone about her condition at the beginning was dumb. Glad they're still stretching Lucifer and Chloe's romance. Most of the time, it's the chase that's more satisfying.

I was fully against it but it has turned out to be a good so far.

Gotta wait till May for the next episode though, bollocks.

Yeah, I forget their names, but most of the cast is comprised of non-white females, I vaguely recall.

The Trump supporting Trekkies will be in a tizzy.

I don't think there's enough of an overlap between those two groups for it to be of anyone's concern. ;)

I don't know if anyone else watches The Affair, but i'd just like to say I can't remember a more disappointing finale. Season 3 was a shambles.

Anyone other than Captain Michelle Yeoh announced?
Here's the casting for Star Trek: Discovery so far (aside from Michelle Yeoh):

Doug Jones and Anthoy Rapp Join STAR TREK: DISCOVERY

Doug-Jones-Star-Trek-Discovery-Dragonlord.jpg

Two more are coming onboard Star Trek: Discovery. Anthony Rapp (Rent) and Doug Jones (Hellboy) have joined the cast of CBS All Access' forthcoming TV reboot, THR has learned.

Rapp will play Lt. Stamets, an astromycologist, fungus expert, and Starfleet Science Officer aboard the Starship Discovery. For Rapp, who originated the role of Mark in the Tony-winning Broadway musical Rent, the role comes after a recent turn on Cinemax's The Knick.

Jones will play Lt. Saru, a Starfleet Science Officer and a new alien species to the Star Trek universe. The actor, best known for his roles in Pan's Labyrinth and Hellboy, is repped by OmniPop Talent Group.

The duo join previously announced cast member Michelle Yeoh, who will play Captain Georgiou, the Starfleet Captain aboard the Starship Shenzhou.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the cast also will feature an openly gay actor as one of the male leads (which Fuller confirmed), a female admiral, a male Klingon captain, a male admiral, a male adviser and a British male doctor.

'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Rent' Alum Anthony Rapp and Doug Jones

TWD's Sonequa Martin-Green Cast as the Lead in STAR TREK: DISCOVERY

Sonequa-Martin-Green-Star-Trek-Discovery-Dragonlord.jpg

Huge news, Star Trek fans: The first new Trek series in a decade has found its star. Sonequa Martin-Green, well known to genre fans for her role on AMC’s mega-hit The Walking Dead, has been cast as the lead of Star Trek: Discovery, sources tell EW.

The casting ends meticulous search to find the ideal actress to anchor the eagerly anticipated new CBS All Access drama. Martin-Green will play a lieutenant commander on the Discovery. (CBS Television Studios had no comment.)

Martin-Green is will continue to serve as a series regular on AMC’s zombie drama, where she has played the tough pragmatic survivor Sasha Williams since season 3.

The casting brings the 31-year-old Martin-Green back to the CBS family. She previously played Courtney Wells on The Good Wife(which is getting a spin-off series, titled The Good Fight, on All Access that debuts in February). She also starred as Tamara on ABC’s Once Upon a Time. Martin-Green’s husband, Kenric Green, is also an actor on TWD.

Martin-Green represents the first African-American woman to lead the cast of a Trek ensemble, fulfilling a years-long goal by the project’s original showrunner Bryan Fuller. The series will also have the TV franchise’s first openly gay character, a lieutenant played by Anthony Rapp.

Another evolution from Trek tradition: Unlike the previous series in the franchise, the main protagonist of Discovery won’t be a captain (at least, not initially). Fuller described Martin-Green’s character as a “lieutenant commander with caveats.”

Star Trek: Discovery Cast The Walking Dead Actress Sonequa Martin-Green in the Lead Role (Exclusive)

Chris Obi, Shazad Latif, Mary Chieffo Join STAR TREK: DISCOVERY as Klingons

Chris-Obi-Shazad-Latif-Mary-Chieffo-Star-Trek-Discovery-Dragonlord.jpg

CBS All Access' Star Trek: Discovery has cast its first Klingons. Joining the cast of the digital drama are Chris Obi, Shazad Latif and Mary Chieffo, producers CBS Television Studios announced Monday.

Obi will star as T'Kuvma, the Klingon leader seeking to unite the Klingon houses; Latif is set as Kol, the commanding officer of the Klingons and protégé of T’Kuvma; and Chieffo will portray L'Rell, the battle deck commander of the Klingon ship.

The CBS All Access show features the franchise's Enterprise, now known as the U.S.S. Discovery. The drama will introduce new characters seeking new worlds and new civilizations while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966. Michelle Yeoh, Anthony Rapp and Doug Jones were announced as the 13-episode series' first castmembers.

Obi, meanwhile, is set to play Mr. Jacquel in American Gods and is currently filming the Starz adaptation of the Neil Gaiman graphic novel. His credits include Ghost in the Shell and Roots.

Latif's credits include Penny Dreadful and Spooks. He is with Principal Entertainment.

Chieffo is a relative newcomer and counts The Perfect Fit as well as Jack and Janet Save the Planet among her body of work.

Chris Obi, Shazad Latif and Mary Chieffo Cast as Klingons in CBS All Access' 'Star Trek: Discovery'

James Frain Cast as Spock's Father in STAR TREK: DISCOVERY; Premiere Delayed Again

James-Frain-Star-Trek-Discovery-Dragonlord.jpg

CBS All Access' Star Trek: Discovery has been delayed again as the series continues casting.

The revival for the streaming platform has cast James Frain as Spock's father, producer CBS Television Studios announced Wednesday, as sources confirm that the show's planned May debut has been pushed.

"Production on Star Trek: Discovery begins next week. We love the cast, the scripts and are excited about the world the producers have created," reps for CBS All Access said in a statement. "This is an ambitious project; we will be flexible on a launch date if it's best for the show. We've said from the beginning it's more important to do this right than to do it fast. There is also added flexibility presenting on CBS All Access, which isn't beholden to seasonal premieres or launch windows."

Frain will play Sarek, the famed father of Spock who was first introduced in the original Star Trek and who has made several appearances throughout the franchise's many incarnations over the past five decades.

The CBS All Access show features the franchise's Enterprise, now known as the U.S.S. Discovery. The drama will introduce new characters seeking new worlds and civilizations while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.

The Walking Dead star Sonequa Martin-Green — who will continue to portray fierce survivor Sasha on the AMC zombie drama as a series regular — will play a lieutenant commander on Discovery. It's also worth noting that Walking Dead has already wrapped production on its current seventh season and, should Martin-Green's Sasha survive, wouldn't return to production until summer 2017.

Michelle Yeoh, Anthony Rapp and Doug Jones were announced as the 13-episode series' first castmembers. Chris Obi, Shazad Latif and Mary Chieffo were also cast as Klingons.

Star Trek: Discovery was originally scheduled to debut in January and was pushed back to May, with The Good Wife spinoff The Good Fight now set to be the first scripted offering on CBS All Access, the network's VOD platform. This marks the second delay for the series, which saw former showrunner Bryan Fuller step down to focus on his Starz drama American Gods.

Star Trek: Discovery hails from Alex Kurtzman, Fuller and Roddenberry Entertainment. Executive producers include Heather Kadin, Gretchen J. Berg, Aaron Harberts, Akiva Goldsman, Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth. Berg and Harberts took over as showrunners for Fuller, who recently noted that he will not be involved at all but has left his outline for the series as well as multiple scripts for producers.

'Star Trek: Discovery' Delayed Again as Spock's Father Is Cast

Emerald City is really picking up.

I'm glad that they're all in the Emerald City now. Tip initially annoyed me with how immature she was being, but I'm glad she finally came around. Kudos to Jack for pulling the princess, Lady Ev. I liked that he didn't let her mistreating him drag on for the entire season, and he taught her how friends actually treat one another. To be fair to Lady Ev, as someone in her position, she's never had any actual friends. btw, I wanted to try to be patient and wait for her to take off her mask, but I simply had to Google her actress, and damn. Jack you've done well, son!

Stefanie-Martini-website-769x1024.jpg

One thing that struck me was how very Berlanti-esque the palace's security is. Literally anyone can go from street level to the Wizard of Hell's Kitchen's private quarters after a long stroll?

Is it just me, or is it pretty clear that little Sylvie is The Beast?

Can Mike of the Interns even be a Kree? He's confirmed to have been getting some from like 5 different women this season.
Yup, I knew that. That's why I said he's becoming a Kree because of Kara.

Yup, I knew that. That's why I said he's becoming a Kree because of Kara.

I don't know. Mon-El doesn't strike me as the type to forgo the pleasures of the flesh while he waits for Kara to notice him.

Here's the casting for Star Trek: Discovery so far (aside from Michelle Yeoh):
Cheers. Other than Doug Jones, the only name I'm familiar with is that Sonequa girl that had a short stint in Once Upon a Time.

LOL.

I was fully against it but it has turned out to be a good so far.

Gotta wait till May for the next episode though, bollocks.
Fucking May? What sort of moron books a massive break just after coming back from Xmas?

Marvel Television Announces the Main Cast of RUNAWAYS

Press Release: The wait is over. Marvel has found their “Runaways.” Marvel Television announced today the first group of young actors has been set for “Marvel’s Runaways,” the highly anticipated project with popular streaming service, Hulu.

Every teenager thinks their parents are evil. What if you found out they actually were? “Marvel’s Runaways” is the story of six diverse teenagers who can barely stand each other but who must unite against a common foe–their parents.

Rhenzy-Feliz-Alex-Wilder-Runaways-Dragonlord.jpg

Rhenzy Feliz (“Teen Wolf,” “Casual”) as Alex Wilder is a loud-and-proud nerd. Admittedly a bit of a loner, Alex spends much of his free-time playing video games, but deep down, what he wants most is to reunite his childhood group of friends.

Lyrica-Okano-Nico-Minoru-Runaways-Dragonlord.jpg

Lyrica Okano (“The Affair,” “Unforgettable”) Nico Minoru–tough, intelligent, and independent–embodies teenage angst. A budding “Wiccan,” Nico’s carefully crafted goth appearance isolates her from her peers and family, but maybe what she really needs is someone to talk to.

Virginia-Gardner-Karolina-Dean-Runaways-2-Dragonlord.jpg

Virginia Gardner (“Goat,” “Little Bitches”) as Karolina Dean, model-perfect exterior with a lot going on behind her professionally whitened smile, is burdened by the lofty expectations and responsibilities put upon her by her parents. Underneath her veneer of privilege and perfection, Karolina is experiencing a newfound eagerness to explore her identity and pursue her own desires.

Ariela-Barer-Gert-Yorkes-Runaways-Dragonlord.jpg

Ariela Barer (“New Girl,” “One Day at a Time”) as Gert Yorkes is a purple-haired, bespectacled, contemporary riot grrrl. Never passing up a moment to stand on a soapbox, Gert sometimes wields her persona as a brash social justice warrior to mask her true feelings.

Gregg-Sulkin-Chase-Stein-Runaways-Dragonlord.jpg

Gregg Sulkin (“Faking It,” “Don’t Hang Up,” “Anti Social”) as Chase Stein is a lacrosse-playing, high school heartthrob. While many write him off as a dumb jock, Chase exhibits flashes of untapped brilliance in engineering, not unlike his wildly successful father’s.

Allegra-Acosta-Molly-Hernandez-Runaways-Dragonlord.jpg

Allegra Acosta (“100 Things to do Before High School,” “Just Add Magic”) as Molly Hernandez, the youngest and most innocent member of her friend group, is known for her peppy positivity and a deep yearning to belong.

https://news.marvel.com/tv/59021/marvels-runaways-finds-cast/

I'm more excited for Powerless which airs tonight!

The Expanse

Good start to the season, the end was rather predictable I thought. The new characters was a nice touch, I look forward to seeing more of them.

The 100

Really enjoyed the premiere, fast paced just the way I like it.

Octavia is a badass.

5bmWNoM.gif

The Magicians

Much better than the last episode imo. My one gripe:

Why is Quentin trying to reason with that treacherous hoe?

Who saw Powerless? I thought it was pretty good.

It was decent. Nothing out of the ordinary good, but not bad either. Laughed my ass at the Trump burn at the very beginning though.

ege941aqobnydijag62r.png

Last edited:
First Official Look at STRANGER THINGS Season 2 Ain't Afraid of No Ghost

EW exclusively reveals that Netflix’s pop culture phenom Stranger Things will air a new teaser during the massive sports event.

EW is also debuting an image from the commercial, featuring Dustin (Gaten Matarazzo), Mike (Finn Wolfhard), and Lucas (Caleb McLaughlin) dressed as Ghostbusters.

The second season of Things takes place in 1984 — one year after the events of the first season — and has been shrouded in secrecy aside from a few details. But executive producer Shawn Levy (Arrival) did offer EW this tease: “The Demogorgon was destroyed but evil wasn’t.”

st-s2_still1_r_crop.jpg

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/03/stranger-things-season-2-first-look-super-bowl/

So Santa Carita Diet was something else, wasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back