TV Show Thread (Dark Crystal Prequel; The Witcher on Netflix; ABC, Fox's New Shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys picked some hot actresses. Nice one.

So I just finished Hand of God season 2. The show is legit. Bubbles from The Wire is in it as The Mayor. He's nicknamed Bobo, not sure if that was a subtle tie in. If you like The Path, Hand of God is quite similar. It's got some solid twists, good dialogue and plot. Judge finds God and believes God wants him to kill the people who raped his daughter in law. I'd give it an 8/10.

Oh check this out, this is pretty funny.

Royo is mostly known for his starring role on the HBO crime-drama series The Wire as the drug addict and confidential informant Reginald "Bubbles" Cousins, a regular character since the show's first season. Royo's portrayal of this character was so convincing that, during on-location filming, he was once approached by a Baltimore resident and given a small package of heroin, with the man saying to the in-character Royo: "Man, you need a fix more than I do." Royo has called this incident his "street Oscar."

Oh check this out, this is pretty funny.

Royo is mostly known for his starring role on the HBO crime-drama series The Wire as the drug addict and confidential informant Reginald "Bubbles" Cousins, a regular character since the show's first season. Royo's portrayal of this character was so convincing that, during on-location filming, he was once approached by a Baltimore resident and given a small package of heroin, with the man saying to the in-character Royo: "Man, you need a fix more than I do." Royo has called this incident his "street Oscar."

I got a street Oscar once. I was heading home from a long day at work, sat on a bench, and a homeless guy sat next to me. He looked me over and pointed to the Meals on Wheels truck down block. He told me not to be shy, and added they also gave out cigarettes.

I got a street Oscar once. I was heading home from a long day at work, sat on a bench, and a homeless guy sat next to me. He looked me over and pointed to the Meals on Wheels truck down block. He told me not to be shy, and added they also gave out cigarettes.
It's amazing how easy it is for it to happen to people. Did you look like a hobo at the time?

It's amazing how easy it is for it to happen to people. Did you look like a hobo at the time?

We were setting up in a new warehouse so I'd been doing construction all day. I definitely looked like a hobo.

OK, so because Dragonlord mentions it enough times for me to take notice, and includes a gentle caveat, I decided to follow him and watch Into the Badlands, which I had given up on immediately after seeing the first episode. Turns out if you don't take it seriously it really is kind of fun.

The wire-fu really pushes it, though. I mean, are these guys supposed to me magical or something? The physics make absolutely no sense. I don't just mean they're superhuman, and they are ABSOLUTELY superhuman, I'm fine with that, but gravity does some really weird stuff. Maybe they're made of Flubber™.

szecet.gif

I mean, seriously?

Badlands%20-%20Oh%20come%20on.%202.gif

In any case, the combat in general is a tun of fun, and as advertised, it's washed the terribad taste of Iron FIst combat away. Glad I binged the first season.

Iron Fist would actually have been redeemable if it at least had good action scenes, but each time I watched the action in IF, I kept thinking "I can do that." Literally.

If I could do better or equal to fictional martial artists, I'm not interested.
Ah. Ik kom uit Amerika.

OK, so because Dragonlord mentions it enough times for me to take notice, and includes a gentle caveat, I decided to follow him and watch Into the Badlands, which I had given up on immediately after seeing the first episode. Turns out if you don't take it seriously it really is kind of fun.

The wire-fu really pushes it, though. I mean, are these guys supposed to me magical or something? The physics make absolutely no sense. I don't just mean they're superhuman, and they are ABSOLUTELY superhuman, I'm fine with that, but gravity does some really weird stuff. Maybe they're made of Flubber™.

szecet.gif

I mean, seriously?

Badlands%20-%20Oh%20come%20on.%202.gif

In any case, the combat in general is a tun of fun, and as advertised, it's washed the terribad taste of Iron FIst combat away. Glad I binged the first season.
Glad you decided to give Into the Badlands a chance. Season 2 came at the right time and shows the lackluster Iron Fist what a fun martial arts show should look like.

tumblr_nxxar1rvgE1s05hv8o5_400.gif

Iron Fist would actually have been redeemable if it at least had good action scenes, but each time I watched the action in IF, I kept thinking "I can do that." Literally.

If I could do better or equal to fictional martial artists, I'm not interested.

Ah. Ik kom uit Amerika.

Cool dat je NL spreekt. Heb je familie uit Nederland ?
Ik heb gehoord dat er in Michigan veel nederlanders wonen.

@kuromusha

I completely forgot that there was still a fifth season for Nick's TMNT since the ending to season 4 was so series finale worthy. Seeing the first episode of season 5 (now titled Tales of TMNT) was a great surprise. I'm going to savor this season before they reboot it with Rise of TMNT.

Glad you decided to give Into the Badlands a chance. Season 2 came at the right time and shows the lackluster Iron Fist what a fun martial arts show should look like.

It was fun.

Some surprising stars, especially

badlands-s1e6-abbots-e1450866630540.jpg

Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio Joins the Cast of Marvel's THE PUNISHER on Netflix

Mary-Elizabeth-Mastrantonio-The-Punisher-Dragonlord.jpg

Another Law and Order cast member has joined the ranks of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio has joined the cast of the Netflix series The Punisher.

It’s unknown which character Mastrantonio will be playing, though in the set photos snapped she is meeting with Paul Schulze’s character Rawlins, a CIA operative. Given the nature of Frank Castle’s story so far and what we know of Schulze’s role, Mastrantonio could be playing a villain in the series.

The cast of The Punisher includes Jon Bernthal (Frank Castle), Deborah Ann Woll (Karen Paige), Daniel Webber (Lewis Walcott), Jason R. Moore (Curtis Hoyle), Paul Schulze (Rawlins), Jamie Ray Newman (Sarah Lieberman), and Ebon Moss-Bachrach (Micro).

Mastrantonio used to star as Captain Zoe Callas alongside Jeff Goldblum in Law and Order: Criminal Intent. She’s also known for roles as Gina Montana in Scarface, Lindsey Brigman in The Abyss, and Maid Marian alongside Kevin Costner in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

Marvel's The Punisher TV Series Adds Law And Order: Criminal Intent Actor Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio

I was going to wait to binge season two but changed my mind and watched the first episode.

Epic choreography through the entire episode. The chase scene was off the charts.

And I really loved the fight scene where he's bound, that was a vintage Jackie Chan fight (concept if not actual skills) if I've ever seen one. I especially loved that he lost the fight, and the way he lost it.

Both thumbs WAY up for the season premier.

Special note for the master having a broken bone and healing it, very nice touch.

Now this is unexpected news....

After two years off the air and plenty of speculation about its future, HBO’s True Detective is making some progress behind the scenes toward a new season.

EW has exclusively learned that creator Nic Pizzolatto has penned at least the first two episodes for a potential third edition of the acclaimed anthology crime drama.

We have also learned that Emmy-winning writer-producer David Milch — the mind behind dramas such as Deadwood and NYPD Blue — is coming on board to work with Pizzolatto.

@kuromusha

I completely forgot that there was still a fifth season for Nick's TMNT since the ending to season 4 was so series finale worthy. Seeing the first episode of season 5 (now titled Tales of TMNT) was a great surprise. I'm going to savor this season before they reboot it with Rise of TMNT.

loved that intro. reminded me of a cross between cowboy bebop and kill bill.

Sounds like you're advanced in Dutch.
Nee. Ik spreek een beetje van Nederlands, maar ik ben niet vloeiend.

I'm conversational-level. You can't put on the Dutch version of CNN and expect me to understand much, but if you dropped me in the middle of Holland, I'd be able to get around well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back