TV Show Thread (Dark Crystal Prequel; The Witcher on Netflix; ABC, Fox's New Shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had coffee and cream skin and his mother had sickle cell.

Stop being obtuse.

I do not remember every sentence of the book so I was fucking asking. And learn what obtuse means instead of just saying it because you saw Shawshank Redemption like those pretentious douches who say it.

From the book
"And what are you? A s---? A gypsy?"

"Not that I know of, sir. Maybe."

"Maybe you got n----- blood in you. You got n----- blood in you, Shadow?"

"Could be, sir." Shadow stood tall and looked straight ahead, and concentrated on not allowing himself to be riled by this man.

If he was BLACK this conversation would have never happened like this

I do not remember every sentence of the book so I was fucking asking. And learn what obtuse means instead of just saying it because you saw Shawshank Redemption like those pretentious douches who say it.

From the book
"And what are you? A s---? A gypsy?"

"Not that I know of, sir. Maybe."

"Maybe you got n----- blood in you. You got n----- blood in you, Shadow?"

"Could be, sir." Shadow stood tall and looked straight ahead, and concentrated on not allowing himself to be riled by this man.

If he was BLACK this conversation would have never happened like this

Of course, because all black people answer all questions the same way. They're basically all the same person, they just have different names.

Look up obtuse, you'll find it was the right word.

I find your horror at Shadow being black hilarious, by the way, and also your confidence that Odin would never "go black".

Shadow's race was strongly suggested in the book, so strongly it never even seemed like a question to me.

In an interview Gaiman confirmed Shadow's mother was black.

I don't mind healthy debate in my TV thread, but...

not-like-this_zps11xz0d50.gif

Is there no more safe refuge from the Sherfront bigots?

Well that spiralled out of control quite fast.

Snatch, the tv show is here. Good/bad/ugly? I'm tentative to watch.

Has anyone watched Hand of God? It's by the creator of Burn Notice, though I couldn't tell while watching.
For a religious show, it has plenty of sex scenes for all you thirsty sherdoggers.
Ever since Walt Goggins preached in Justified, I've been looking for similar performances in shows but so far haven't found any. Hand of God is solid tv. Worth checking out.

thor-hammertime.gif

Okay, enough talk about Shadow Moon being black bickering. Any future replies or fights stemming from today's argument will get deleted.

THE EXPANSE Renewed for a Third Season at Syfy

4CW91yQ.jpg

Syfy is firming up its 2018 roster. The NBCUniversal-owned cable network has renewed futuristic space drama The Expanse for a third season. The series will return with another 13-episode season in 2018.

"The Expanse is a gorgeous, thrilling, emotional series that has quite simply raised the bar for science fiction on television,” said Chris McCumber, president of entertainment networks at NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment. “We, along with the fans, are looking forward to continuing the journey with our partners at Alcon Television Group and the series’ brilliant cast and crew."

Starring Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Dominique Tipper, Cas Anvar, Wes Chatham and Frankie Adams, The Expanse is based on the best-selling book series of the same name by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck. Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (Children of Men) serve as showrunners and exec produce the Alcon TV Group drama alongside Naren Shankar.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/expanse-renewed-season-3-at-syfy-986807

627773-success_baby_super.jpeg

GAME OF THRONES Dragons Will Be the Size of 747s' in Season 7

bIggcCO.jpg

The dragons are bigger this season. Okay, they say that every year. But this time, they are a lot bigger.

For Game of Thrones season 7, which has Daenerys’ trio of beasts headed to Westeros as part of the dragon queen’s invading fleet, the creatures are more fearsome than ever before.

“The dragons this year are the size of 747s,” director Matt Shakman tells EW. “Drogon is the biggest of the bunch — his flame is 30-feet in diameter!”

Shakman is one of four directors helming next season (the others are GoT vets Alan Taylor, Jeremy Podeswa, and Mark Mylod). He was probably being at least somewhat approximate when comparing the dragons to the venerable Boeing airliner. But for reference, a 747 is about 230 feet long with a 210 feet wingspan. So, really big.

The Emmy-winning Thrones returns to HBO on July 16.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/16/game-of-thrones-season-7-dragons/

This.

I could barely get passed the first 30 minutes.

Lavi being pretty in the face can't carry a whole series.

The rest of her body has carried me so far. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never even considered watching this show, but that's probably because it's not really a genre that interests me. Haven't tried the new Blacklist either, if I couldn't get into it with Spader, there's zero chance I'd get into it without him.
Blacklist lost me at the second season liz got wackier and wackier. first season wiuld have been epic on hbo,fx,usa, or showtime

THE 100 Renewed for a Fifth Season at The CW

sYs7y9w.jpg

The CW is showing faith in another midseason series. The younger-skewing network has handed out an early season-five renewal for The 100, THR has learned. (An episode count has yet to be determined.)

The early pickup comes more than a month after the new season of the Jason Rothenberg-produced postapocalyptic series debuted. Through five episodes, The 100is a strong performer on digital and delayed viewing, posting a 70 percent increase among total viewers, 73 percent uptick among adults 18-34 and an 86 percent jump among adults 18-49 with seven days of delayed viewing.

The series, from CBS Television Studios, Warner Bros. Television and Alloy Entertainment, has become a critical favorite at The CW. The pickup marks the network's second midseason series to score an early renewal, joining Greg Berlanti and Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa's Riverdale.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/100-renewed-fifth-season-at-cw-985169
this cool. good season so far. skaikru wanheda

IMG_0938.JPG
Star Wars Rebels was hyping the long awaited final grudge match all season between Obi Wan and Darth Maul.

Started the episode like ....{<Mcgoat}
Ended the episode like ....<{hughesimpress}>

Tried a bunch of new shows this weekend.

Big Little Lies
Tells the tale of three mothers of first graders, whose apparently perfect lives unravel to the point of murder.

Some people are going to love this, but for everyone else, watch it just to admire the magnificent work the surgeons did on Kidman's breasts. Great cast and interesting dialogue but suburban politics aren't really for me. Think Desperate Housewives with Knives.

Crashing
Sheltered suburbanite Pete dreams of a big-city career in comedy, but his wife, Jessica, has other ideas. Childhood sweethearts no more after he finds her in an uncompromising position with another man, Pete is suddenly homeless and frantically re-evaluating his priorities. As he attempts to find comfort in the rough-and-tumble New York comedy scene, the aspiring funny man bunks on other people's couches while learning hard lessons about life and himself. Created by and starring Pete Holmes, with Judd Apatow as a co-executive producer, "Crashing" draws on Holmes' own experiences as a comedian, presenting an inside look at the fickle world of stand-up comedy.

Loved it. Not hysterical but definitely funny and well written. Some great cameos. Will keep watching.

Detroiters
Single camera, buddy comedy that centers on Sam (Richardson) and Tim (Robinson), two local ad men who make low budget commercials in Detroit, Michigan. But the two best friends, much like the city in which they live, aspire to achieve great things.

Garbage. Watched the first episode and won't be watching more. Uninspired cast with no chemistry and failed to be funny on any level.

Z The Beginning of Everything
Z is a biography series based on the life of Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald, the brilliant, beautiful and talented Southern Belle who becomes the original flapper and icon of the wild, flamboyant Jazz Age in the 20s. Starring Christina Ricci (Monster) as Zelda Fitzgerald, Z starts before she meets the unpublished writer F. Scott Fitzgerald (David Hoflin), and moves through their passionate, turbulent love affair and their marriage-made in heaven, lived out in hell as the celebrity couple of their time. The series travels through the wild parties, the wicked jazz, the dissolute artists of the era, as well as the alcoholism, adultery and struggle with dashed dreams and mental illness that characterizes their later years.

Watched the first episode and I'm done. Not surprised it had such a hard time getting produced, it's a hot mess. Feels like it wasn't quite finished, production levels are awkward, as are the painful accents.

Dragons the size of 747's?

Well shit

Cercei dies in episode 1. Episode 2, Euron dies. Episode 3 they fly to wall. We see what the in-flight service is like on Dragon-Air. Episode 4 Dany nukes the white walkers. Episode 5, orgy.

Done and done. Thanks for watching. The orgy goes on until the end of next season. Ratings through the roof.

Gah, the Iron Fist marathon is disrupting my weekly TV show routine. So many backlog of shows I've yet to watch. Haven't finished Iron Fist yet. The sad part is Iron Fist isn't even that good.

Did I mention she bares them for the show?

I hate to sound like a horndog, but damn.

You shoulda led with THAT...

"Big Little Lies: Nicole Kidman lets the girls free." BOOM! Done! That's all you needed to say!

Gah, the Iron Fist marathon is disrupting my weekly TV show routine. So many backlog of shows I've yet to watch. Haven't finished Iron Fist yet. The sad part is Iron Fist isn't even that good.

Same for me. Word for word.

I still haven't watched this passed week's The Expanse episode, even though it's hands down my favorite show this season.

Iron Fist isn't quite as bad as the critics have said, but it's definitely the weakest of the Marvel Netflix shows.

Did I mention she bares them for the show?

I hate to sound like a horndog, but damn.
Screw Iron Fist. That Nicole Kidman TV show just leapfrogged at the top of my viewing list. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back