TV Show Thread (Dark Crystal Prequel; The Witcher on Netflix; ABC, Fox's New Shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have the town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all

If you watched the other current CW shows (Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow), Agents of SHIELD: LMD is still far better than any of them.

Same with what Ippy said, I'm still interested in where they go with the LMD storyline. So far, Agents of SHIELD storylines always pay off big time near the end.
Looks like the LMD storyline is really gaining some traction.

It's actually pretty damn interesting, IMO. It's got some spy games political intrigue thrown in too.

On another note, I couldn't even finish the recent Flash episode.

Last edited:
Mary Tyler Moore, Sweetheart of American Television, Dies at 80

marytylermooreshow002b-h_2017.jpg

Mary Tyler Moore, whose roles as a perky housewife on The Dick Van Dyke Show in the 1960s and as a spunky, single working woman in her eponymous ’70s sitcom made her America’s sweetheart, has died, her rep Mara Buxbaum confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. She was 80.

"Today, beloved icon, Mary Tyler Moore, passed away at the age of 80 in the company of friends and her loving husband of over 33 years, Dr. S. Robert Levine," Buxbaum said in a statement.

Moore played opposite her TV persona and received an Oscar nomination for her performance as an icy mother struggling to connect with her son in Robert Redford’s best-picture winner Ordinary People (1980).

The six-time Emmy Award winner had elective surgery in May 2012 to remove what is known as a meningioma, or benign tumor of the lining tissue of her brain.

Moore starred opposite Dick Van Dyke as suburban stay-at-home mom Laura Petrie from 1961-66, then played Mary Richards — a hard-luck loser in love who moves across the state to Minneapolis and gets a job at local TV station WJM for the 6 o’clock news — from 1970-77.

The latter represented a bold move for a series’ main character to be an independent, never-married woman, and Moore became an icon for the feminist movement.

Mary Tyler Moore, Sweetheart of American Television, Dies at 80
nephewhattip3_zps4nieqqa9.gif

80s not that old.
she'd been out of the public eye for some time though.
lol, not like dick van dyke.
just saw him on conan not too long ago, must be 90 or something.
they joked about a funny photo shoot from a few years back

0665-guest-1-1-c-5490f3f421c2b.jpg

Dick said she actually hit him with the whip a few times and 'it hurt!'

RIP. She was beautiful and classy.

SUITS is back. Yaay...? I really thought that last year's midseason break was the Finale. Still gonna watch it but not going to get my hopes up. The last couple of seasons has been very poor.

MAGICIANS season 2 premiere today. Hope the sadist writers give Julia a break this time.

I've given up on Suits, there's only so much shouting and arguing I can take. Is the boy genius still rotting in prison?

I've given up on Suits, there's only so much shouting and arguing I can take. Is the boy genius still rotting in prison?
He's out of prison, thanks to a convoluted topsy turvy scheme, at the midseason break.

Mary Tyler Moore is my 1# time machine girl or girl I would want if I was born four decades earlier

Mary Tyler Moore was one of my kid crushes. Nick at Nite was a main staple in my house and I thought she was really beautiful on The Dick Van Dyke Show.

SUITS is back. Yaay...? I really thought that last year's midseason break was the Finale. Still gonna watch it but not going to get my hopes up. The last couple of seasons has been very poor.

MAGICIANS season 2 premiere today. Hope the sadist writers give Julia a break this time.

Maybe Harvey shoots Louis in the face this season, Mike tries and fails to defend him and Harvey gets the chair, Donna shoots Mike, and the last scene of the series is a revenge match with Donna and Rachel oil wrestling in bikinis.

Despite the vast majority of the dialogue being pure exposition, I still don't have much clue what's going on in The Magicians. They're simply throwing too many plotlines, MacGuffins, deus ex machinas, and such at you in too short of a span.

Also, I'm not sure if they've lost the ability to keep Olivia Dudley's ridiculously hot body under wraps, or if me knowing it exists under those frumpy dresses makes it harder to fool my eyes.

@Ippy is the show worth watching? I keep seeing on my Netflix recommends but not sure if its worth it.

@Ippy is the show worth watching? I keep seeing on my Netflix recommends but not sure if its worth it.
If you have the time? You might get something out of it.

If your time is limited, I'd go on to greener pastures.

Pros:
1. They really did put a lot of thought into this world. It's fully fleshed out. The lore is pretty interesting. It's nothing new if you've ever been into high fantasy, but it's good.

2. The casting director needs an award or something. Every female in this show is a smoke show.

enhanced-1659-1431460135-17.jpg

Cons:
1. This has simply the most unlikable lead I've ever seen. No question. I've never before wanted to punch a fictional character so much. Yes, and I mean more than Joffery. This is also the first time that I've ever watched a show where I didn't want the male lead to get the girl because fuck that guy.

Fuck 'em.

2. Even though the world seems pretty deep with lore, and interesting lore at that, there simply isn't enough time to understand or remember any of it. This is one of the few times that I feel that a show needs more episodes per season. A solid 16-20 episodes would serve this show well. As it stands, there's just too much in too little time.

3. There's no logical progression from plot point to plot point. One episode they're playing a wannabe Quidditch match, and the next they're in Siberia training with a guy because that's a thing. One episode, they're stripping naked to do some ritual, and the next they're in some alternative universe library with magical crack fiends on the outside or something.

Emerald City was pretty good.

The Wizard of Hell's Kitchen is still in action in public and even when he technically drops the act around the advisor lady (remember his scenes with Vanessa in DD?). btw, that advisor lady needs to have her hair showing always and forever. That ridiculous hat isn't doing her justice. Of course the he wants to bang.

I knew something was up with the cute little girl.

I like what they're doing with Jack. I knew they weren't just going to kill him off like that. I'm just wondering when he's going to meet up with Dorothy. btw, I'm pretty sure his new princess or whatever, Lady Ev, is missing the top half of her face.

Even though Tip's actress is 24, she looks waaaay younger than she actually is, and I felt like a creep during that entire bathtub scene.

1. This has simply the most unlikable lead I've ever seen. No question. I've never before wanted to punch a fictional character so much. Yes, and I mean more than Joffery. This is also the first time that I've ever watched a show where I didn't want the male lead to get the girl because fuck that guy.

Yeah, he's annoying but I don't think he's that bad imo.

Watched a couple of episodes of Sweet/Vicious. It's not too bad. Light, somewhat dark too, comedic. Seems similar in vein to Kick-ass and Scott Pilgrim Saves the World.

Chick beats up guys who rape women. One girl is mean and misbehaved, the other girl is sweet. Ergo Sweet/Vicious. It's probably a bit young for the crowd here.

I don’t know how many of you watched the premiere of Riverdale last night, but for those of you who did and are from the US, I was hoping you could help me determine if a thing that I noticed is an inconsistency or not.

The town of Riverdale is referred to as a small town and we see a lot of things that back that up, like the fact that everybody seems to know everybody, it only has the one high school, the kids’ hangout is a small malt shop straight out of the 50’s and all the limitations to the social life spelled out by the gay kid indicate some tiny place out in the boondocks.

But at the same time, the town is big enough to have a full size apartment building downtown with a full time doorman and enough new construction to keep Archie’s dad in business and Archie himself pouring concrete all summer. These things all indicate a more substantial town, even a small city.

So, am I reading that right? How big is Riverdale supposed to be?

Even though Tip's actress is 24, she looks waaaay younger than she actually is, and I felt like a creep during that entire bathtub scene.

I would be willing to bet that was intentional on the part of the casting people.

I had a similar issue during the first season of Shameless with whatsherface that played Karen. Girl was in her 20s but she looked 14 and made all her scenes really uncomfortable.

Watched a couple of episodes of Sweet/Vicious. It's not too bad. Light, somewhat dark too, comedic. Seems similar in vein to Kick-ass and Scott Pilgrim Saves the World.

Chick beats up guys who rape women. One girl is mean and misbehaved, the other girl is sweet. Ergo Sweet/Vicious. It's probably a bit young for the crowd here.

I've seen all the episodes and it's a pretty good show. Some episodes can be a bit heavy though.

And if you have a daughter or someone close to you going to college soon, I would sit her down and make her watch episode 7.

Last edited:
SUITS

Even when they're headed to the series finale, they're still bickering among themselves. I'm just groanwatching it for the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back