Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone watch Atypical on Netflix?

I don't usually go for high school stuff but holy shit you guys the interpersonal relationships on this show are fantastic. The stuff going on with his sister, his parents and his friends is incredibly real and genuine. It didn't blow the critics away but I loved it and strongly recommend it to anyone interested at all in this kind of thing.

Atypical is a coming-of-age dark comedy television series created and written by Robia Rashid for Netflix. It focuses on the life of 18-year-old Sam Gardner (Keir Gilchrist), who is on the autism spectrum. The first season was released on August 11, 2017, consisting of eight episodes. The series was generally well received by critics. It was renewed for a ten-episode second season on September 13, 2017.​

atypical-netflix-canceled-renewed-590x224.jpg

Is it time to start watching Flash and Supergirl again?

Flash could have a bounce back season like Arrow, but it's always had inconsistent writing, so who knows? I like most of the characters, so I'll stick with it. I just hope they don't overdo the whole 'guess who the man is behind the mask' thing yet again. Also, don't weigh the show down with a bunch of melodramatic relationship nonsense.

Gotham season premiere. The License to Misconduct plotline was stupid, but what the hell, I'll go with it. Jessica Lucas is so hot. When Bruce visited Jim at the police station, I was telling my kid that I bet Bruce will disappear when Jim tuns around and lol I was right. This whole teen Batman thingie is so dumb, but I've gotten used to it.

I didn't like seeing scrawny kids like teen Batman and teen Catwoman putting full grown adults into comas after a couple weak kicks/punches. They're tiny people and they've barely had any training, but they're going to have them go around whooping most people's ass? I think the only thing I liked about the episode was Scarecrow's gas.

I was about to joke that it was nice seeing Steve Buscemi in there. But upon checking IMDb, it is a Buscemi - Michael (Steve's brother).

I thought it might have been him at first, but then thought it was just someone with Steve Buscemi eyes. Now I know why

I don't usually go for high school stuff but holy shit you guys the interpersonal relationships on this show are fantastic. The stuff going on with his sister, his parents and his friends is incredibly real and genuine. It didn't blow the critics away but I loved it and strongly recommend it to anyone interested at all in this kind of thing.

Atypical is a coming-of-age dark comedy television series created and written by Robia Rashid for Netflix. It focuses on the life of 18-year-old Sam Gardner (Keir Gilchrist), who is on the autism spectrum. The first season was released on August 11, 2017, consisting of eight episodes. The series was generally well received by critics. It was renewed for a ten-episode second season on September 13, 2017.​

I thought it was great. Really good blend of comedy with some gut punch moments thrown in. Plus the 2nd best autistic performance from an actor after the guy who played Gary on Alphas.

The did a lot to show just how much your everyday life can be affected by being non-NT or having a family member be non-NT.

Season 2 will have a lot to work with.

Haven't see it yet but it's on To Watch list. Good to hear you liked it. I'll bump it in my queue.

I thought it was great. Really good blend of comedy with some gut punch moments thrown in. Plus the 2nd best autistic performance from an actor after the guy who played Gary on Alphas.

The did a lot to show just how much your everyday life can be affected by being non-NT or having a family member be non-NT.

Season 2 will have a lot to work with.

Alphas had one of the most frustrating series cliffhangers ever.

2. Alphas
1. Sarah Conor The Terminator Chronicles

Haven't see it yet but it's on To Watch list. Good to hear you liked it. I'll bump it in my queue.

It was a nice change up from Vietnam, the fifteen-hour epic documentary series. I can only watch that one episode a day, there's so much information.

I'm a little scared to watch Season 2. The twist from the Season 1 was too good, so they have to falter at least a little this season.

Premiere did not fill with me confidence.

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY

Terrific 2-hour premiere. The special effects, the makeup, the sets and the visuals are amazing. Love everything about it, from the action to the drama. Everything about it felt cinematic. They should have swapped places with Inhumans, which had no right to be on the big screen let alone IMAX (worst IMAX experience I had).

STD_YouTube_b2c_1141010_640x360.jpg

Get Shorty is getting pretty incredible. Those who don't watch this should really pay attention

Get Shorty is getting pretty incredible. Those who don't watch this should really pay attention
I'm still in episode 7. My favorite part was the table-read when the goofy dim-witted kid (Nathan) turned out to be an amazing actor. Glad his arc turned out to be something substantial and not just a bullet-in-the-head casualty.

History's Knight Templar Series KNIGHTFALL Gets a New Trailer

Premiering on History on December 6 at 10/9c.

I'm a sucker for mindless television, but Young Sheldon wasn't terrible.

Interesting factoid - the actress who plays young Mary Cooper played a young Jackie on Roseanne. So she played a younger Laurie Metcalf in both series.

Sheldon's father is Speckerman the bully from Big Bang Theory episode where Leonard is contacted by an old high school bully to pitch him an idea.

UNDERWORLD TV Series in the Works from Len Wiseman

v9s8sck.jpg

Len Wiseman and his production company Sketch Films are moving forward with the long-gestating Underworld TV series based on the popular action horror movie franchise, which is targeting the premium cable/digital space.

“The series will be a pretty big departure from the films,” Wiseman said. “I don’t want to say it’s more adult, but it’s definitely less comic book in its tone and character.”

Wiseman has been involved in all five movies in the Underworld franchise, which he helped launch — he co-wrote and directed the first two and produced the remaining three. Wiseman will executive produce the potential TV series via his Sketch Films with Lakeshore Entertainment’s Tom Rosenberg, Gary Lucchesi and Eric Reid.

The Underworld franchise, which kicked off with the eponymous movie in 2003, centers on Selene (Kate Beckinsale), a vampire who works as a Death Dealer. She started off by killing the lycans who allegedly slaughtered her family. The modestly budgeted films have grossed collectively more than half a billion dollars at the boxoffice.

‘Underworld’: Len Wiseman Spearheading TV Series Adaptation Of Movie Franchise

I'm a sucker for mindless television, but Young Sheldon wasn't terrible.

Interesting factoid - the actress who plays young Mary Cooper played a young Jackie on Roseanne. So she played a younger Laurie Metcalf in both series.

Sheldon's father is Speckerman the bully from Big Bang Theory episode where Leonard is contacted by an old high school bully to pitch him an idea.

She also happens to be Laurie Metcalf's real life daughter which is a nice touch.

I may give it a try but strikes me as being more of a Wonder Years esque dramedy. It's a tough sell cause a lot of the humor that Parsons brings is that Sheldon is obnoxious while I imagine they have to drum up the aw shucks likable factor of Armitage on the prequel series.

Tried out the pilot episode of THE BRAVE. Pretty generic but not terrible. Two complaints. One is the girl analyst that has a constant worried look with her mouth agape that I find annoying. Two is one of the special forces female operative breaking/twisting the neck of an enemy in a non-believable manner.

Tried out the pilot episode of THE BRAVE. Pretty generic but not terrible. Two complaints. One is the girl analyst that has a constant worried look with her mouth agape that I find annoying. Two is one of the special forces female operative breaking/twisting the neck of an enemy in a non-believable manner.

Isn't female operative the Israeli chick from The Last Ship? Are you going against Last Ship family? Is that the type of Dragon you want to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back