Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone watch "The Fall"?

not bad, but not super great. I could not for the life of me buy Gillian Anderson's accent.

the OST is great though - particularly during the final episodes.
I've seen the first two seasons.

Gillian Anderson's accent bugged me too, but not enough to stop me watching. It's a decent show.

THE ORVILLE

I was expecting a lot worse due to the negative reviews but it was entertaining. I thought it was going to be a wacky parody of Star Trek with jokes every 30 seconds. Instead it was like Star Trek with a sense of humor. The makeup was great and the special effects were pretty good but shoddy in some places.

For now, if I have to change one actor, it would have to be the best friend/helmsman. He just seems so ordinary looking and bland.

"You just got wood."

the-orville-post1.jpg

The original series was also terrible and failed in its actual run, so chances are pretty good this follows suit.
When I was a wee kid, The Greatest American Hero was one of my favorite shows. I shudder to think how I would react to the show if I watch it again.

Believe it or not,
we're rebooting this thing.
It's on ABC, so it's free-ee-ee
We're justing doing it on a dare.
Who could it be?
Believe it or not, it's Mindy
Oh God, no. I hope it's not Mindy. I think she has some upcoming projects which will hopefully keep her out of the running for the lead for this show.

Larry's Back in CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM Season 9

Don't miss the Season 9 premiere of Curb Your Enthusiasm on October 1 at 10 PM, only on HBO.

THE ORVILLE

I was expecting a lot worse due to the negative reviews but it was entertaining. I thought it was going to be a wacky parody of Star Trek with jokes every 30 seconds. Instead it was like Star Trek with a sense of humor. The makeup was great and the special effects were pretty good but shoddy in some places.

For now, if I have to change one actor, it would have to be the best friend/helmsman. He just seems so ordinary looking and bland.

"You just got wood."

the-orville-post1.jpg

I haven't finished this yet but the science fiction is terrible. They're doing a miserable job selling the universe, the conversation style in particular is too 2017.

The crew doesn't feel like members of a galactic fleet, they feel like residents of a dorm.

Anyone watched stranger things?

Is it good?

Is it good?
i have for me it was great really enjoyed. the vibe of the show and characters and story was on point at least for me

Is it good?
Yep, it's good. If you can't watch the new "It" movie or haven't seen the "It" mini-series, Stranger Things is the next best thing (and might be better).

I haven't finished this yet but the science fiction is terrible. They're doing a miserable job selling the universe, the conversation style in particular is too 2017.

The crew doesn't feel like members of a galactic fleet, they feel like residents of a dorm.
You should set your standards very low for The Orville and you might enjoy it more.

I have a feeling that after both their first seasons are over, The Orville might be a better show than Star Trek: Discovery (gasp).

Wayward Pines season 1 was solid

Never watched season 2 but I heard it was poor

But I thought Season 1 was great.

random but seeing some trailer of twin peaks and it reminded me of wayward pines

Wayward Pines season 1 was solid

Never watched season 2 but I heard it was poor

But I thought Season 1 was great.

random but seeing some trailer of twin peaks and it reminded me of wayward pines
Yes, Wayward Pines was pretty good. I didn't like the first few episodes, thought it was dragging and the mystery tease was frustrating. But when they got to episodes 4 and 5, everything was revealed and the show finally hit its groove.

Season 2 was bad. Story wasn't as good. Lots of the main characters from the first season get killed off in an offhand, unceremonious kind of way. The best thing I liked about it was the shocking plot twist at the end.

Not surprised Twin Peaks reminded you of Wayward Pines since the latter paid a lot of homage to that 1990 show. Don't watch the Twin Peaks revival unless you're one of those Emperor-Has-No-Clothes die-hard David Lynch fans.

The Orville was just alright. It's too knock off Star Trek and not enough comedy. There were a lot of times were a joke was right there and they sidestepped it. Also a lot of times that a joke should have been left alone. Hopefully it comes together in future episodes.

The Mayor needs to be an hour long. The first episode was speeding thru the script at a breakneck pace. But the sidekicks are wonderful. Main guy and Glee chick were good enough. It might be good. It might flame out. It'll probably flame out.

Full Trailer for Amazon's LORE, Premiering Friday the 13th of October

Based on real people and events, the podcast phenomenon comes to life with 6 terrifying stories from the Executive Producer of The Walking Dead and the Executive Producer of The X-files. Stream Lore Friday the 13th of October.

They terk er jerbs

I'm finished the new episode now, and I'm so bored.

Can't recall a South Park premiere in which I was bored.

Extremely safe.
Nothing edgy.
I didn't laugh once, and barely cracked a smile.

Might as well go watch Family Guy.

I'm finished the new episode now, and I'm so bored.

Can't recall a South Park premiere in which I was bored.

Extremely safe.
Nothing edgy.
I didn't laugh once, and barely cracked a smile.

Might as well go watch Family Guy.
Is there a South Park Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back