Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2mzzexd.jpg

Don't you remember the cinematic abortion that was Ghostbusters 2?

And I legit enjoyed the reboot.

I'm in love with both Kate McKinnon and Kristen Wiig (who wasn't great in this although she should have been) and also Chris Hemsworth was hilarious, especially his last bit.

I guess you didn't see it then?

The scene where he demonstrates how life is easier for beautiful people?

When the random stranger tosses him a Snapple I lost it. Great fucking scene.

hahahahahahahaha

Guess you forgot what happened at the end of the last season.

:p
Finally saw the season 4 premiere of You're the Worst. But first I had to wiki the last few episodes to make sure I didn't skip an episode. I remember it now. What a dick move by Jimmy.

Anyway, I love the premiere episode and the drastic new environments for the characters. Jimmy has become a recluse, handyman, lolz. Gretchen is a wreck. Lindsay is now - gasp - mature (a bit). When I saw Lindsay the first time this episode, I was disappointed she wasn't wallowing in poverty (because I hate her!). But after a while, this new and more tolerable Lindsay grew on me.

Finally saw the season 4 premiere of You're the Worst. But first I had to wiki the last few episodes to make sure I didn't skip an episode. I remembered it now. What a dick move by Jimmy.

Anyway, I love the premiere episode and the drastic new environments for the characters. Jimmy has become a recluse, handyman, lolz. Gretchen is a wreck. Lindsay is now - gasp - mature (a bit). When I saw Lindsay the first time this episode, I was disappointed she wasn't wallowing in poverty (because I hate her!). But after a while, this new and more tolerable Lindsay grew on me.

Wait, what? What what what?

The episode I saw only had Jimmy and the old folks.

Finally saw the season 4 premiere of You're the Worst. But first I had to wiki the last few episodes to make sure I didn't skip an episode. I remember it now. What a dick move by Jimmy.

So yeah, super cool.

It was jarring seeing how messed up Gretchen was. I have broken wing syndrome with her and I find myself needing to fix her. Tell you what... You can have dibs on all the rest of the women in the universe, but I actually get Aya Cash. Deal?

And screw Edgar. He's still living for free in Jimmy's house, right?

Thanks for the head's up, loved the second half.

So yeah, super cool.

It was jarring seeing how messed up Gretchen was. I have broken wing syndrome with her and I find myself needing to fix her. Tell you what... You can have dibs on all the rest of the women in the universe, but I actually get Aya Cash. Deal?

And screw Edgar. He's still living for free in Jimmy's house, right?

Thanks for the head's up, loved the second half.
Done and done.

giphy.gif

Amazon Abruptly Cancels Pricey Period Drama THE LAST TYCOON

OekMtWf.jpg

Amazon has canceled its F. Scott Fitzgerald period drama The Last Tycoon, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

The decision arrives days after the retail giant/streamer made an about face and canceled another Fitzgerald drama, the previously renewed Z: The Beginning of Everything, starring Christina Ricci as the author's wife, Zelda Fitzgerald.

Amazon had spent roughly $7 million during pre-production on the scrapped season of Z. The cancellations come as what sources say is larger belt-tightening going on at Amazon as the outlet looks for a large-scale hit.

The streamer is now beginning to rack up a series of one-and-done shows, with The Last Tycoon joining Z as well as its 1970s Newsweek period drama Good Girls Revolt joining drama Mad Dogs.

The pricey Tycoon was picked up to series last year and began streaming on Amazon on July 28. While Amazon, along with Netflix and Hulu, doesn't release viewership information, the drama debuted to mixed reviews from critics (its score sits at 53 percent on Rotten Tomatoes and 57 percent on Metacritic).

The series starred Matt Bomer, Kelsey Grammer and Lily Collins, and its nine episodes centered on machinations of the Hollywood studio system in the 1930s.

The show is based on the unfinished novel of the same name by the Great Gatsby and This Side of Paradise author who centered the book on the character Monroe Starr, modeled after the producer Irving Thalberg.

Amazon Abruptly Cancels Pricey Drama 'The Last Tycoon' (Exclusive)

Female-Led GREATEST AMERICAN HERO Reboot Lands at ABC

pdc_greatesthero.jpg

The Greatest American Hero is eyeing a comeback -- but with a very modern twist.

A female-led reboot of the beloved '80s series has landed at ABC with a hefty put pilot commitment, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The single-camera, half-hour comedy remake follows Meera, a 30-year-old Indian-American woman from Cleveland, whose talents include tequila drinking and karaoke and not much else. Then some aliens entrust her with a super suit to protect the planet, and the world has never been in more unreliable hands.

The original series was an hourlong and starred a white male actor (William Katt) in the lead role. The show, also known for its catchy theme song, debuted on ABC in 1981 and ran for three seasons.

Fresh Off the Boat writer-producer Rachna Fruchbom will pen the pilot and exec produce with Fresh Off the Boat creator Nahnatchka Khan, her producing partner Mandy Summers and original series Stephen J. Cannell's daughter, TV director Tawnia McKiernan (Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods). 20th Century Fox TV, where Khan's Fierce Baby banner is based, will co-produce with ABC Studios.

Female-Led 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot Lands at ABC

That sounds terrible. Hope it fails.

If you're sick of them, stop watching them.

I don't. But just like last year's Ghostbusters, it'll be heavily promoted, and it'll be cancelled because everyone that doesn't watch it is sexist.

Whatever happened to diversity of genders among film roles? Oh wait, that's a one-way street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back