Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else watching AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR?

So sad Jesse Labreck to see fail the National Finals. She almost finished the course. If only she didn't waste her energy on the parkour rope. At least her friend Allyssa Beard made it.

The news about Lance Pekus' wife was heartbreaking.

Kacy Catanzaro retiring from American Ninja Warrior and becoming a WWE star was a surprise. Will definitely check her out when she makes her WWE debut.

I just watched the first episode of this seasons American Horror Story.
It is hilarious. The whole plot is about people so distraught over the Donald's appointment to President that they are driven to terror.
Its so over the top it is funny. I considered posting a thread about it in the War Room but since this thread is preexisting I am posting it here. i hope that this does not turn into a political discussion. i am more here to point out just how over the top these actors are acting.

Anybody else watching AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR?

So sad Jesse Labreck to see fail the National Finals. She almost finished the course. If only she didn't waste her energy on the parkour rope. At least her friend Allyssa Beard made it.

The news about Lance Pekus' wife was heartbreaking.

Kacy Catanzaro retiring from American Ninja Warrior and becoming a WWE star was a surprise. Will definitely check her out when she makes her WWE debut.

As a massive pro wrestling fan, I hate that she is coming over. She was terrible in ANW, minus one run. Yet continually pushed down our throats as some great female role model, while other women were actually tearing shit up.

So I guess she could make a good entitled heel. The best gimmicks are closest to the truth,

Wow, just wow.

This series was a mountain of fun.

Can't believe we have to wait until 2018 for more.

ftirrd.gif

@Anung Un Rama has to see this pronto.
I will try to rock it out this week. SPOON!

As a massive pro wrestling fan, I hate that she is coming over. She was terrible in ANW, minus one run. Yet continually pushed down our throats as some great female role model, while other women were actually tearing shit up.

So I guess she could make a good entitled heel. The best gimmicks are closest to the truth,
What Kacy did during her historic run was pretty awesome but yeah, she hasn't had much much success for the past few years. The new batch of female Ninja Warriors are much stronger and better for sure. But Kacy was also instrumental in inspiring a lot of these new female superstars to try out ANW. Plus, she's just 5'0", so I'm impressed at the things she has accomplished. So I kinda understand why the show makes a big deal when it comes to her.

What Kacy did during her historic run was pretty awesome but yeah, she hasn't had much much success for the past few years. The new batch of female Ninja Warriors are much stronger and better for sure. But Kacy was also instrumental in inspiring a lot of these new female superstars to try out ANW. Plus, she's just 5'0", so I'm impressed at the things she has accomplished. So I kinda understand why the show makes a big deal when it comes to her.

I always wondered if the competitors get paid something for the show. I found this answer.
No.

Contestants who finish in the top 3 of any stage (qualifiers, city finals, or any stage in Vegas) do get a nice little sum of money (up to $5000 depending on their ranking), but everyone else doesn't and their expenses are not paid for.

Those who do make it to the Vegas Finals get all expenses paid (flight, hotel) plus $1000 (at least this was the case in my experience, but the exact sum changes quite often).

Why do people do this for nothing? They are risking their bodies training and running the courses. They make sure it's almost impossible to win and only one can win. I thought they should have given both of the men who finished the last stage a million.

I miss the Japanese version where they had the crazy competitors mixed in with the serious ones. I don't know why they chose to show some competitors runs and not others.

I always wondered if the competitors get paid something for the show. I found this answer.

Why do people do this for nothing? They are risking their bodies training and running the courses. They make sure it's almost impossible to win and only one can win. I thought they should have given both of the men who finished the last stage a million.

I miss the Japanese version where they had the crazy competitors mixed in with the serious ones. I don't know why they chose to show some competitors runs and not others.
The bigger stars get sponsorship deals and the like to make money. They also open gyms, or get jobs as trainers.

I do not know how much they destroy their bodies doing this, as it is just a massive obstacle course. I think for most people it is just fun. The ones I worry about are the ones who quit their jobs and such for it.

I looked at the new network television season and there really aren't many shows that interest me. APB and Pure Genius weren't renewed even though they had more viewers than other shows in the same time period. APB had more viewers than Gotham which preceded it in the evening.

I've gotten more into the reality shows like Mountain Men, The Last Alaskans, Life Below Zero on other channels but they are really screwing with those. They recycle them to different channels and call them new. Sometimes they might add a minute or two that hasn't been shown before. The Science Channel is currently showing a "new" series that is called "The Planets" hosted by former astronaut Mike Massimino. It's all things they have shown before just re edited.

Live PD is coming back with 100 episodes covering 50 weeks

What SidJustice said. Plus they do it for the glory. But I agree with you that these athletes should be paid more for their efforts.

I also found this while doing some research on ANW. After the Geoff Britten incident, the grand prize is now split to whoever finishes Mt. Midoriyama. And there are smaller payouts ranging from $1k to $5k to the top three Ninjas in the city finals.

http://www.ibtimes.com/american-nin...iggest-obstacle-compensation-athletes-2376650

The show has made some changes to address the controversy that erupted in the wake of Britten’s finals finish. Now if multiple athletes beat the finals course, they split the money. Additionally, the show has added smaller payouts — ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 — for athletes who come in first, second or third in the regional finals courses.

Snowfall just ended its first season. It was very choppy in the beginning but ended up being a good show. Will watch the 2nd.

Just started to watch S2 of Shooter

3 episodes in

meh
not sure what to say except that julie swagger is {<tongue}

Should be finished with it by tomorrow

BLUE MOUNTAIN STATE's Alan Ritchson Cast as Hawk in TITANS

JP157Xl.jpg

Alan Ritchson is set as Hawk in the new live-action series Titans, from Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV, which is slated to premiere in 2018 as part of the inaugural slate of a new DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service.

Ritchson will play Hawk (aka Hank Hall), one-half of the crime-fighting, vigilante and romantic couple of Hawk and Dove. The perfect example of opposites attract, Hawk is an aggressive, offensive bruiser while Dove is strategic, defensive and lithe. The role is recurring, with an option to become a regular in Season 2.

Deadline hears the producers also are exploring a potential Hawk and Dove spinoff series down the road.

Written by Goldsman, DC Entertainment’s Johns and Berlanti, Titans follows a group of young soon-to-be superheroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In the action-adventure series, Dick Grayson (Brenton Thwaites) emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes that includes Starfire (Anna Diop), Raven (Teagan Croft) and others.

This marks Ritchson’s return to the WBTV/DC universe. He recurred as Arthur Curry aka Aquaman on the long-running WB/CW drama series Smallville. Ritchson recently starred in Syfy’s Blood Drive and played the lead in Blue Mountain State. His feature credits include Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

‘Titans’: Alan Ritchson Cast As Hawk In DC Live-Action Series (Exclusive)

Comments: Good casting. I've become a fan of the actor after his stint in I Can Do That tv show.

Just started to watch S2 of Shooter

3 episodes in

meh
not sure what to say except that julie swagger is {<tongue}

Should be finished with it by tomorrow
Yeah, Shooter season 2 is not as good as the first season.

Equally disappointing is how they made Julie Swagger into a emotionally rattled person, a far cry from the calm, collected, strong character she displayed on season 1.

(I'm still on episode 5)

I'm in a bit of a TV drought. Game of Thrones is gone for a year or two, and Twin Peaks just ended, possibly forever. Only current show I am watching is The Sinner. Which is good, but not great. Nothing truly *great* on the horizon for me, until what... Better Call Saul next spring/summer I guess? Jeez.

TWD & Fear TWD are alright & come back soon, but both dropped out of great status a while ago for me. I guess I'm most excited about the soon return of Curb, but that's a comedy which isn't the same.

Anyway, where else but a non-karate part of a karate forum to bitch about these kinda 1st world problems. Oh well.

I'm in a bit of a TV drought. Game of Thrones is gone for a year or two, and Twin Peaks just ended, possibly forever. Only current show I am watching is The Sinner. Which is good, but not great. Nothing truly *great* on the horizon for me, until what... Better Call Saul next spring/summer I guess? Jeez.

TWD & Fear TWD are alright & come back soon, but both dropped out of great status a while ago for me. I guess I'm most excited about the soon return of Curb, but that's a comedy which isn't the same.

Anyway, where else but a non-karate part of a karate forum to bitch about these kinda 1st world problems. Oh well.

Check this thread for excellent suggestions.

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS' Minka Kelly Cast as Dove in TITANS

SFSwUV8.jpg

Friday Night Lights alumna Minka Kelly has been tapped to play Dove opposite Alan Ritchson’s Hawk in the new live-action series Titans, from Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV, which is slated to premiere in 2018 as part of the inaugural slate of a new DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service.

Kelly’s Dove, aka Dawn Granger, is one half of the crime-fighting, vigilante duo and romantic couple Dove and Hawk. Dove is strategic, defensive and lithe — the opposite of Hawk, an aggressive, offensive bruiser.

Both Kelly and Ritchson will be recurring, with an option to become regulars in Season 2. I hear the producers also are exploring a potential Hawk and Dove spinoff series down the road, which would be headlined by the duo.

Written by Goldsman, DC Entertainment’s Johns and Berlanti, Titans follows a group of young soon-to-be superheroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In the action-adventure series, Dick Grayson (Brenton Thwaites) emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes that includes Starfire (Anna Diop), Raven (Teagan Croft) and others.

Kelly, known for her role as Lyla Garrity on Friday Night Lights, recently did an arc on Jane the Virgin. She also had recurring roles on Parenthood and The Path, on which she reunited with her FNL executive producer Jason Katims.

‘Titans’: Minka Kelly Cast As Dove In DC Live-Action Series (Exclusive)

Comments: I don't care if Minka is old(er), she should replace Anna Diop as Starfire. Hnnng. But great Dove casting regardless.

Well, that was an odd episode.

But I loved it. Of course I did.
Haven't seen it yet, hope they're not fighting again.

I kinda forgot what happened on the last few episodes of last season or maybe I haven't watched them yet.

Last edited:

I have some suggestions but I'd recommend THE LAST SHIP first. It's just a simple action drama that's so criminally underrated but vastly entertaining. Give the first season a try (not just the first few episodes).

last-ship.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back