TV Show Thread (EVIL DEAD TV Series; Video of THE SIMPSONS/FAMILY GUY Crossover)

There are so many pages !!!! I can only avoid work for so long

I'm curious to see if Homeland will be able to keep up the momentum after killing off 'you-know-who' at the end of the 3rd season.

LOUIE Renewed for a Fifth Season with Seven Episodes

2dv61pg.jpg

Louis C.K.'s FX comedy has been picked up for another season — and unlike the last renewal, viewers won't have to wait two years for the next batch of episodes. FX Networks and FX Productions CEO John Landgraf announced a seven-episode fifth season of Louie Monday morning, noting that the run is slated for spring 2015. "Louie's fourth season was once again groundbreaking," said Landgraf. "Sometimes hilarious, sometimes heartbreaking – always thought-provoking. The show went to narrative and cinematic places no comedy has gone before, and we look forward to seeing what Louis comes up with next."

The latest round of Louie episodes earned five Emmy nominations — including outstanding comedy series, lead actor, writing, directing and casting. In 2012, it was the first basic cable series in history to score a best comedy nom. After a two-year lapse between seasons three and four, one C.K. took because he said he wanted the show to feel new again, Louie most recently aired 14 new episodes. Those aired mostly back-to-back on the FX parent network even though many comedy offerings from the cable network are now shifting to spinoff FXX.

FX Renews LOUIE for Fifth Season with Seven Episodes Slated for Spring 2015

Last edited:
Lucy Lawless to Appear in AGENTS OF SHIELD Season 2

Lucy-Lawless-Agents-of-SHIELD-Dragonlord.jpg

TV Guide has picked up the news that Lucy Lawless has signed on for a part in the second season of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Unfortunately, just like most Marvel announcements, this one is shrouded in mystery. At this time we have no idea who she is playing, or the number of episodes in which we can expect her to appear. That said, the show is scheduled to have a presentation at San Diego Comic-Con later this week (on Friday, to be precise), and I would honestly be amazed if the entire panel goes by without someone spilling the beans on who Lawless will be playing. Hell, I could even see her showing up as a surprise guest star on the panel.

Those of you who watched the first season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. know that the series has actually done a pretty good job of enlisting some cool actors to play small roles. Appearances by Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury, Jaimie Alexander's Sif, and Cobie Smulder's Maria Hill from the Marvel Studios movies were all nice surprises (not to mention Titus Welliver from the Marvel One Shot Item 47), but there were also some cool multi-episode arcs played out by Bill Paxton:

XENA Star Lucy Lawless to Appear in MARVEL'S AGENTS OF SHIELD Season Two

FARGO Renewed for 2nd Season with an All-New Cast

Fargo-Allison-Tolman-Bob-Odenkirk-1-Dragonlord.jpg

FX is returning to Fargo. Two weeks after Noah Hawley's anthology series garnered 18 Emmy nominations, FX has renewed the series for a second season, FX announced Monday during its portion of the Television Critics Association's summer press tour, which also included a renewal for comedy favorite Louie. The series will be back for a new "true crime" story of 10 episodes with an all-new cast of characters and new time period. Season two will debut no sooner than the fall of 2015.

"We could not be more proud of Fargo," said FX CEO John Landgraf. "Noah's audacious, bordering on hubristic riff on my favorite Coen brothers film earned 18 Emmy nominations — the most for a single program in our history. Fargo was nothing short of breathtaking, and we look forward to the next installment." Hawley (My Generation) created the series as a 10-episode closed-ended movie-like story that would reboot itself every season in a fashion similar to FX's ever-changing American Horror Story. [posted first by Crono139 in the Fargo thread]

FX Renews FARGO for a 2nd Season with New Standalone Story and an All-New Cast

Longest Running Marathon in TV History with THE SIMPSONS

The-Simpsons-Rollercoaster-Ride-Dragonlord.jpg

Press Release: Cowabunga! In celebration of its landmark acquisition of the exclusive cable and authenticated non-linear VOD rights to legendary animated comedy The Simpsons, FXX will launch a record-breaking marathon of the series on August 21, 2014. The marathon will begin August 21, 2014 at 10 AM ET/PT and will conclude September 1, 2014 at 12 AM ET/PT, making it the longest-running marathon in television history. For 24 hours a day, over the course of the 12 days, FXX will air 552 episodes of The Simpsons (through Season 25) as well as The Simpsons Movie (airing after episode 400), in chronological order.

FXX will also launch “Simpsons World” – the ultimate Simpsons digital experience featuring enriched branded content through SimpsonsWorld.com and handheld/connected devices via FXNOW, the authenticated multi-network on-demand video service supporting FX, FXX and FXM – in October.

“Simpsons World” will offer a unique and personalized Simpsons experience for both casual and super fans by allowing users to interact with premium content in unprecedented ways. For the first time ever, all authenticated viewers will have instant and on-demand access to every single Simpsons episode ever, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via SimpsonsWorld.com, and FXNOW apps for iPhone, iPad, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Android phones and tablets, Smart TVs, and additional set-tops devices.

Beginning September 2nd, FXX will regularly schedule The Simpsons episodes in fringe, primetime and late-night dayparts on weekdays and weekends. Additionally, everySunday the network will broadcast a thematic mini-marathon consisting of eight Simpsons episodes beginning at 4 PM ET/PT and leading into the 8 PM ET/PT broadcast on FOX.

FARGO Season 2 Will Be a Prequel, Bringing Back Lou Solverson

Fargo-Keith-Carradine-072114-Dragonlord.jpg

A rare example of instant gratification: Producers of FX's Fargo outlined details of the miniseries' 2015 return just a few hours after the network picked it up for another season. Noah Hawley and Warren Littlefield appeared at the Television Critics Association on Monday evening

FX Passes on Charlie Kaufman Comedy HOW AND WHY

30seijb.jpg

Charlie Kaufman's return to TV may not be as soon as he thought it would be. The comedy pilot How & Why from Kaufman, who won an Oscar for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, has been passed over at FX, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Producers are now shopping the comedy starring Michael Cera to other outlets, with Netflix having already passed on the project, THR has learned. IFC is seen as a potential home for the comedy, though it's unclear if that will actually happen given the price tag associated with the comedy.

How & Why, which was ordered to pilot in March 2013, tells the story of a man who can explain how and why a nuclear reactor works but is otherwise clueless about life. Oscar nominee John Hawkes (Winter's Bone) stars as Goodman Hesselman, host of the How & Why show at the center of the comedy. After losing his passion for the show, he is replaced by a younger host and relocates to a different town to start a similar program with significantly lower stature. Cera (Arrested Development) will portray Mendelson, Goodman's new boss. Sally Hawkins co-stars, with Catherine Keener guest-starring.

FX Passes on Charlie Kaufman Comedy HOW AND WHY Starring Michael Cera

Last edited:
Krusty or Sideshow Bob to Die in SIMPSONS Season Premiere

4rt4l5.jpg

The season premiere of The Simpsons will feature the death of a recurring character whose voice actor has won an Emmy Award for their performance of the role -- this much has been known for months. But which character? After comments made by Fox brass at the Television Critics Association this weekend, it sounds like it will be either Krusty the Clown or someone close to him, with both Sideshow Bob and Krusty's father Rabbit Hyman Krustofski potentially on the chopping block.

Krusty the Clown is voiced by Dan Castellaneta, who also voices Homer, while Slideshow Bob is voiced by Kelsey Grammer. Castellaneta also voices Krusty's father most of the time, although it's Jackie Mason, who played the character in three early episodes, who won the Emmy for the role. The episode is titled "Clown in the Dumps," and most fans are taking that to mean that Krusty is depressed. Being given a short time to live or losing a father could certainliy qualify.

The Simpsons' Death Expected to Be Either Krusty the Clown or Sideshow Bob

Is the Simpsons still watchable? Last time I checked in it was pretty bad.

SATISFACTION
Almost turned it off after the first 15 minutes. Depressing mid-life crisis drama doesn't interest me. I stuck around and was engrossed by the story. I'll watch a few more episodes to see where it goes. I agree with the posters about the comparisons to Hung posters but at least this show doesn't have ugly children and pimp.

YOU'RE THE WORST
Unlikable male lead character. Actor reminds me of a young Paul Bettany. Will give it a few more episodes.

Really enjoyed 2nd season of Banshee.

It is what it is and doesn't pretend to be anything else. Really enjoy the action scenes.

Hmm Could have sworn there was a Doctor Who Thread floating around in the Mayberry , couldn't find one so I'll post this thought here. River Song , an interesting story concept but poorly , poorly executed.

THE WALKING DEAD Season 5 Comic-Con Trailer

[YT]6IF7QX8uMhg[/YT]

Last edited:
First Trailer for VIKINGS Season 3 from Comic-Con

[YT]PiqWLM3wyeY[/YT]

Last edited:
Back