TV Show Thread (Dark Crystal Prequel; The Witcher on Netflix; ABC, Fox's New Shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah, the Iron Fist marathon is disrupting my weekly TV show routine. So many backlog of shows I've yet to watch. Haven't finished Iron Fist yet. The sad part is Iron Fist isn't even that good.

My ass it ain't that good

it's so good

So-good-Its-so-good-Good-Awesome-So-Awesome.gif

Thank God Into the Badlands is back. I need to get rid of the taste of mediocrity from Marvel's Iron Fist off my mouth.

This is what Iron Fist should have been like.

Episode 1 was pretty good and bloodier than ever. Ending was a surprise
that Quinn was still alive. But at the same time, they kinda ruined it when the actor's name is splashed all over the opening credits.

For those of you that weren't around Sherdog in 2009, it may be a surprise that The Vampire Diaries was considered a pretty damn good show for those that gave it a chance. A few threads were made to discuss it, episode by episode.

It continued to be quality TV throughout the first three seasons.

Then it suffered a huge drop in quality from seasons 4-6, but I made a habit of watching it, so I hoped it would get better.

Then Nina Dobrev left the show, and the plot came up with a shitty explanation, and I lost all hope it would ever get better. In short, Dobrev broke an obvious rule - Don't date costars.

Then it was announced Dobrev would make a return in the final season... teasing fans that she could make an appearance at any episode, to keep fans watching. I didn't fall for it, figuring Dobrev wouldn't bother showing up until the series finale to avoid doing any more scenes than neccessary with her dreaded former boyfriend costar.

And I was 100% right.

So I just watched that final episode, and yeah, it's pretty much what everyone expects - ending the final extremely cheesy story arc, convienient explanation for Dobrev's return, stupid death of one of the Salvatore Brothers...

Stephan

...and the last 15 minutes of the episode is basically an epilogue of the series with all characters getting a happy ending, including the dead ones which follow the living loved ones forever or reunite with their fellow dead characters in happiness.

So, yeah, even if you loved the first seasons of the show like I did, you can skip this.

But since this post is being written 11 days after the series finale aired, those who wanted to see it already have.

I guess I'm typing this for those like myself that just heard the series ended.... there's probably four of you on Sherdog....

...and one of you will actually read this...

Fuck... why did I type all this shit again?

Thundercats original series is available on Amazon Prime now. That is all.

For those of you that weren't around Sherdog in 2009, it may be a surprise that The Vampire Diaries was considered a pretty damn good show for those that gave it a chance. A few threads were made to discuss it, episode by episode.

It continued to be quality TV throughout the first three seasons.

Then it suffered a huge drop in quality from seasons 4-6, but I made a habit of watching it, so I hoped it would get better.

Then Nina Dobrev left the show, and the plot came up with a shitty explanation, and I lost all hope it would ever get better. In short, Dobrev broke an obvious rule - Don't date costars.

Then it was announced Dobrev would make a return in the final season... teasing fans that she could make an appearance at any episode, to keep fans watching. I didn't fall for it, figuring Dobrev wouldn't bother showing up until the series finale to avoid doing any more scenes than neccessary with her dreaded former boyfriend costar.

And I was 100% right.

So I just watched that final episode, and yeah, it's pretty much what everyone expects - ending the final extremely cheesy story arc, convienient explanation for Dobrev's return, stupid death of one of the Salvatore Brothers...

Stephan

...and the last 15 minutes of the episode is basically an epilogue of the series with all characters getting a happy ending, including the dead ones which follow the living loved ones forever or reunite with their fellow dead characters in happiness.

So, yeah, even if you loved the first seasons of the show like I did, you can skip this.

But since this post is being written 11 days after the series finale aired, those who wanted to see it already have.

I guess I'm typing this for those like myself that just heard the series ended.... there's probably four of you on Sherdog....

...and one of you will actually read this...

Fuck... why did I type all this shit again?

I stopped watching when they did The Originals spin off, that was the death of the show imo. Speaking of Originals, I liked the show at first but it's now wearing thin on me.

I stopped watching when they did The Originals spin off, that was the death of the show imo. Speaking of Originals, I liked the show at first but it's now wearing thin on me.

Yup. They took the most interesting antagonists of TVD and made them into their lame show. I can't even recall the explanation in the plot of TWD of why the suddenly left to go to Louisiana, but I do recall it was very weak.

I watched three episodes of 'The Originals' and called it quits.

They should have ended TVD after five seasons, and then spinned off the best characters into their own show.

I checked, and ratings for The Originals haven't been good - around 300k viewers. It's surprising the show hasn't been cancelled.

flash-supergirl-musical-crossover-poster.jpg

The musical crossover episode was the best Flash episode this season for me. It's a great reprieve from the doom and gloom the show has been on for a while. So fun to see the actors brush up on their singing prowess and to have a mini Glee reunion. Melissa Benoist's singing is as excellent as ever.

I knew Jeremy Jordan, Darren Criss, John Barrowman, Victor Garber and Jesse L. Martin have musical background (Broadway, theater, musicals, etc) and it was cool seeing how good they were. Carlos Valdes was the only one I was surprised to learn that he also had a singing background.

Grant Gustin doesn't really have an outstanding voice (his duet performance with Melissa was so-so) but he makes up for it with his dancing. But he redeemed himself with "Running Home to You" at the end.

First Full Trailer for THE HANDMAID'S TALE on Hulu

flash-supergirl-musical-crossover-poster.jpg

The musical crossover episode was the best Flash episode this season for me. It's a great reprieve from the doom and gloom the show has been on for a while. So fun to see the actors brush up on their singing prowess and to have a mini Glee reunion. Melissa Benoist's singing is as excellent as ever.

I knew Jeremy Jordan, Darren Criss, John Barrowman, Victor Garber and Jesse L. Martin have musical background (Broadway, theater, musicals, etc) and it was cool seeing how good they were. Carlos Valdes was the only one I was surprised to learn that he also had a singing background.

Grant Gustin doesn't really have an outstanding voice (his duet performance with Melissa was so-so) but he makes up for it with his dancing. But he redeemed himself with "Running Home to You" at the end.

Musicals

<{clintugh}>

First Trailer for MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 Revival on Netflix

In the not too distant future... the new season of MST3K is coming to Netflix. (April 14, AD, to be exact.) Original creator Joel Hodgson will be joined by comedian Jonah Ray as the new host and Felicia Day as “Kinga Forrester.”

That looks heavy as shit. Way too much for me.
Yep. fuck my lunch that looks dark. Elisabeth Moss is a phenomenal actress so I will check it out for her.
What actors/actresses will you guys follow with their roles?

Mine are:
Aaron Paul
Bryan Cranston (though lately there's been plenty of smugness from him)
Walt Goggins
Game of Thrones stars based on them having their pick of roles.
Jonathon Tucker
Robert Sheehan
James McAvoy
Michael Fassbender

I'll stop there though I could go on.

Yep. fuck my lunch that looks dark. Elisabeth Moss is a phenomenal actress so I will check it out for her.
What actors/actresses will you guys follow with their roles?

Mine are:
Aaron Paul
Bryan Cranston (though lately there's been plenty of smugness from him)
Walt Goggins
Game of Thrones stars based on them having their pick of roles.
Jonathon Tucker
Robert Sheehan
James McAvoy
Michael Fassbender

I'll stop there though I could go on.
I can only think of Yvonne as of now. I waded through the entire season of Astronauts Wives Club just for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back