Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dragonlordxxxxx do you have your eye on this new series Will by any chance?

I caught the first episode.

I'm not in love with the idea or where it feels the story is going, but the production values are surprisingly high and the acting is solid. Some people, maybe quite a few, are going to really enjoy this.

I'm not in love with the idea or where it feels the story is going, but the production values are surprisingly high and the acting is solid. Some people, maybe quite a few, are going to really enjoy this.
Sounds like good news overall.

By the idea do you mean Shakespeare as a young man?

Sounds like good news overall.

By the idea do you mean Shakespeare as a young man?

I don't want to say anything at all about the plot, but there's a threat element I don't really like. Also, I'm not a fan of completely fictionalized accounts of historical figures... Even when we know almost nothing about the figure, who may never have even existed as a single entity.

All of that aside I'm definitely going to keep watching.

I really enjoyed Castlevania. But 4 episodes is just mean.

I really enjoyed Castlevania. But 4 episodes is just mean.
it's bull shit was getting into then it just ends. i know season 2 if coming bur probably have 2 wait until next year

Nelsan Ellis, Who Played Lafayette in TRUE BLOOD, Dies at 39

dug6Xns.jpg

Nelsan Ellis, the actor who starred in HBO's True Blood as Lafayette Reynolds, has died, his manager Emily Gerson Saines, told The Hollywood Reporter. He was 39.

"Nelsan has passed away after complications with heart failure," Saines said. "He was a great talent, and his words and presence will be forever missed."

On True Blood, Lafayette was a short order cook at Merlotte's. In the books, he was killed off, but because Ellis made him such an enjoyable character, he survived in the series.

"We were extremely saddened to hear of the passing of Nelsan Ellis," HBO said in a statement. "Nelsan was a long-time member of the HBO family whose groundbreaking portrayal of Lafayette will be remembered fondly within the overall legacy of True Blood. Nelsan will be dearly missed by his fans and all of us at HBO."

True Blood creator, Alan Ball said: "Nelsan was a singular talent whose creativity never ceased to amaze me. Working with him was a privilege."

Other cast members took to social media to express their heartbreak.

"I don't know if I've ever seen the level of humility and kindness that came with the Magnificent Talent that Nelsan Ellis had. Miss u friend," said Sam Trammell.

"Crushed today by the loss of my friend and castmate Nelsan Ellis. He was a wonderful person, a pioneer, and a one of a kind artist. RIP," said Joe Manganiello.

"One of the sweetest most talented men I've ever met. A terrible loss for all of us. Rest In Peace Nelsan. You will be missed. I don't know how else to put words to this terribly sad news," said Kristin Bauer.

"It was an utter privilege to work with the phenomenally talented and deeply kind soul .@OfficialNelsan I'm devastated by his untimely death," said Anna Paquin.

Ellis appeared in numerous film and TV shows, inclduing The Soloist, The Butler, Get On Up and Elementary.

'True Blood' Star Nelsan Ellis Dies at 39

dug6Xns.jpg

Nelsan Ellis, the actor who starred in HBO's True Blood as Lafayette Reynolds, has died, his manager Emily Gerson Saines, told The Hollywood Reporter. He was 39.

"Nelsan has passed away after complications with heart failure," Saines said. "He was a great talent, and his words and presence will be forever missed."

On True Blood, Lafayette was a short order cook at Merlotte's. In the books, he was killed off, but because Ellis made him such an enjoyable character, he survived in the series.

"We were extremely saddened to hear of the passing of Nelsan Ellis," HBO said in a statement. "Nelsan was a long-time member of the HBO family whose groundbreaking portrayal of Lafayette will be remembered fondly within the overall legacy of True Blood. Nelsan will be dearly missed by his fans and all of us at HBO."

True Blood creator, Alan Ball said: "Nelsan was a singular talent whose creativity never ceased to amaze me. Working with him was a privilege."

"I don't know if I've ever seen the level of humility and kindness that came with the Magnificent Talent that Nelsan Ellis had. Miss u friend," said Sam Trammell.

"Crushed today by the loss of my friend and castmate Nelsan Ellis. He was a wonderful person, a pioneer, and a one of a kind artist. RIP," said Joe Manganiello.

"One of the sweetest most talented men I've ever met. A terrible loss for all of us. Rest In Peace Nelsan. You will be missed. I don't know how else to put words to this terribly sad news," said Kristin Bauer.

"It was an utter privilege to work with the phenomenally talented and deeply kind soul .@OfficialNelsan I'm devastated by his untimely death," said Anna Paquin.

Ellis appeared in numerous film and TV shows, inclduing The Soloist, The Butler, Get On Up and Elementary.

He might have been my favorite character on that show. Chicago guy too.

dug6Xns.jpg

I hope some crazy motherfucker orders a vegan burger with bacon today in his honor.

RIP you talented son of a bitch.

OK, not who I was expecting at all... but she'll probably wear the hell out of that costume.

Three months after being picked up straight to series, Freeform and Marvel have cast the New Warriors

Following an extensive casting search This Is Us' Milana Vayntrub has landed the breakout role of Squirrel Girl in New Warriors. Baby Daddy grad Derek Theler will stay in business with Freeform after landing the male lead of Mister Immortal in Marvel's first live-action scripted comedy.

The duo lead the ensemble cast in the 10-episode series about six young people learning to cope with their abilities in a world where bad guys can be as terrifying as bad dates. Joining Vayntrub (This Is Us) are Jeremy Tardy as Night Thrasher; Calum Worthy as Speedball; Matthew Moy as Microbe and Kate Comer as Debrii. (Full character descriptions are below.)
What say you @Dragonlordxxxxx ? For starters, I think that @GearSolidMetal and @pcptornado are going to be able to put all those pictures from their Vs threads to good use... for research purposes of course.

e77c1c41_9EMQUvt6Muz0ubf.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Vantyrub is...

I dunno, there's just something about that goddamn woman. All day, erry day.

...and the biggest news of it all: Curb Your Enthusiasm returns oct 1st at HBO. Holy titty twisting fuck I'm hyped about the new season!!!
Also Rick and Morty return July 30th...

...and the biggest news of it all: Curb Your Enthusiasm returns oct 1st at HBO. Holy titty twisting fuck I'm hyped about the new season!!!
Also Rick and Morty return July 30th...
Also Bojack Horseman september 8

New STRANGER THINGS Season 2 Poster and Teaser, Premieres Oct. 27, 2017 on Netflix

GCTZIkY.jpg

A live-action TV series based on Gerard Way's graphic novel, The Umbrella Academy, is coming to Netflix.

The streaming giant announced it has ordered a ten-episode season of The Umbrella Academy that will debut in 2018. Here's a synopsis of the upcoming series, courtesy of Netflix:

"The Umbrella Academy is a live action series that follows the estranged members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes (The Umbrella Academy) -- The Monocle, Spaceboy, The Kraken, The Rumor, The Séance, Number Five, The Horror, and The White Violin -- as they work together to solve their father’s mysterious death while coming apart at the seams due to their divergent personalities and abilities."

19884216_677540812448365_6109539406935562128_n.jpg

Artwork for the series created by The Umbrella Academy illustrator Gabriel Bá via Gerard Way on Facebook

"I am thrilled that The Umbrella Academy has found a home at Netflix," said My Chemical Romance frontman Way, who created the series in 2007. "I couldn’t think of a better place for the vision Gabriel Bá and myself had when creating the comic, and cannot wait for people to experience that world as a live action show."

Netflix VP of Original Content Cindy Holland added: "What drew us to The Umbrella Academy is that it’s wholly unique, visual and stylized. These aren’t the usual superheroes, and this series will embrace the singular tone of the graphic novels -- dark yet humorous, supernatural yet grounded in reality. We’re excited to see this world and introduce these unforgettable heroes to Netflix members around the globe."

Fargo producer Steve Blackman will serve as showrunner and executive producer. The pilot was written by Jeremy Slater, who co-wrote Netflix's upcoming live-action Death Note movie.

Official Trailer for Stephen King's MR. MERCEDES on AT&T

From Executive Producers Stephen King, David E. Kelley and Jack Bender comes the story of a demented serial killer who taunts a retired police detective with a series of lurid letters and emails. This forces the ex-cop to undertake a private, and potentially felonious, crusade to bring the killer to justice before he can strike again.

Catch the premiere on AUDIENCE Network August 9th at 8pm ET/PT on DIRECTV CH. 239, U-verse CH. 1114 or streaming on DIRECTV NOW.

@Dragonlordxxxxx do you have your eye on this new series Will by any chance?

will-tnt-poster.jpg

Watched the first episode of Will and I liked it. William is a very likable, underdog main character, easy to root for. Love the cast. I'm a fan of Jamie Campbell Bower and I think this is a great role for him. I like the look of it, it's grimy yet colorful. Alice looks so pure and clean (and pretty) in comparison to the background or the other women. Lol they even have a pseudo-rap battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back