Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HALT AND CATCH FIRE Season 4 Promo; Returns August 19 on AMC

Did you really give up after twenty minutes? Did you not even make it to the bathroom scene? Or the "attache badge" scene? His brother is hysterical.

2iv0g40.jpg
Didn't time it exactly but I think it was roughly around 20 minutes. That scene looks funny though.

You just sold me on not watching this...

I need energy and vibrancy. Ippy doesn't do mopey.
Patriot is like Limitless but instead of the main character taking NZT, he takes a lot of Zoloft and Prozac.

TREMORS Reboot Starring Kevin Bacon Lands Syfy Pilot Order

Tremors-Kevin-Bacon-and-Fred-Ward.jpg

Syfy is rebooting Tremors (again). The NBCUniversal-owned cable network has handed out a pilot order for a TV adaptation of the 1990 film starring Kevin Bacon. The drama, which is produced by Universal Cable Productions, counts Jason Blum and showrunner Andrew Miller among its creative team. In addition to starring, Bacon will also executive produce alongside David Schiff (Southpaw) and Blumhouse Television.

The film centered on a repairman (Bacon) and his friend who uncover several mysterious deaths in their small desert town of Perfection, Nev., only to discover a group of giant, worm-like monsters who eat human flesh below the surface. The group must then fight to stay alive. Miller (The Secret Circle) will pen the script for the revival, which picks up 25 years after the events of the film and finds Valentine McKee (Bacon) attempting to save the town again — but this time, also battling age, alcohol and a delusional hero complex.

The horror film, which was produced by Universal Pictures, grossed $16 million at the box office before it became a cult classic on home video and spawned four sequels. Syfy (then Sci-Fi) first attempted a TV remake in 2003; however, Tremors: The Series was canceled after one 13-episode season. A second TV adaptation was announced in late 2015 but failed to land a network at the time.

The official news comes a day after Bacon, in an interview Sunday at the Edinburgh International Film Festival, discussed returning to the character when he revealed that the reboot had landed at Syfy.

“This is the only character I've played that I've ever thought about revisiting. I just got to thinking, where would this guy end up after 25 years?” Bacon said Monday in a Syfy release announcing the pilot pickup. "Andrew Miller has a fantastic take on it and we hope to create a show that will be fun and scary for fans of the movie and folks that have yet to discover it. Let's kick some Graboid ass!”

'Tremors' Reboot Starring Kevin Bacon Lands Syfy Pilot Order

BETTER CALL SAUL Renewed for Fourth Season at AMC

Better-Call-Saul-Gus-Jimmy-Mike-Dragonlord.png

No surprise here: AMC has renewed Better Call Saul for a fourth season.

The Breaking Bad prequel, produced by Sony Pictures Television, will return with 10 new episodes in 2018, the cable network announced Tuesday.

The series wrapped its third-season run with a surprising finale that [spoiler alert!] featured what is expected to be the final episode for co-star Michael McKean, whose Chuck McGill was seemingly killed off as the show grows closer to connecting to Breaking Bad.

Season three of the drama averaged 3.7 million total viewers, including 1.9 million among adults 25-54 and 1.7 million adults in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic, when factoring in three days of delayed viewing. That's good enough to become the third-highest rated drama on cable among adults 25-54, trailing only AMC's The Walking Dead and prequel Fear the Walking Dead.

Better Call Saul has typically earned an early renewal. That wasn't the case this season as negotiations took longer than expected given the executive shuffling at both AMC (where longtime head of programming Joel Stillerman exited for Hulu) and Sony Pictures Television (where co-presidents Zack Van Amburg and Jamie Erlicht left for Apple and a new SPE CEO was brought in).

'Better Call Saul' Renewed for Fourth Season at AMC

Patriot is like Limitless but instead of the main character taking NZT, he takes a lot of Zoloft and Prozac.

Seeing as you guys have all called dibs on a hundred girls each, I'm going to make it clear these ones are mine.

His wife Alice Tavner, played by Kathleen Munroe.
Kathleen-Munroe-Feet-1979961.jpg

Detective Agathe Albans who is pursuing him, played by Aliette Opheim.
200_s.gif

I'm going to include Clémence Poésy from The Tunnel, another great show.
Tunnel-canal-Clemence-Poesy-Dans-la-saison-2-tout-est-chamboule-!_news_full.jpg

IZOMBIE Season Finale

Wow.

I thought last season's finale was crazy but this season's finale just topped it and then some. Basically next season will be like The Strain but more civilized and funnier.

First Official Trailer for Marvel's INHUMANS on ABC

Star Wars Forces of Destiny web series sneak peak. I'm not digging that artwork style

THE JETSONS Live-Action TV Series in Development with Robert Zemeckis to Exec Produce

elan-2.jpg

Warner Bros. is angling to reintroduce TV audiences to George Jetson, albeit with a substantial twist.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the studio is developing The Jetsons, a live-action sitcom remake of Hanna-Barbera’s beloved ’60s animated series about a family residing in the futuristic, outer-space utopia known as Orbit City.

A Warner Bros. spokesperson declined to comment, but sources confirm that the studio — which has hired Family GuyEP Gary Janetti to shepherd the potential series — will begin shopping the multi-cam project around to broadcast and cable networks in the coming weeks. Janetti would also serve as an EP alongside Robert Zemeckis and Jack Rapke. Jackie Levine is a Co-EP. Nickleby, Inc. and Compari Entertainment would produce in association with Warner Bros. Television.

The move comes as Warner Bros continues to develop an animated Jetsons feature film, a quasi remake of the 1990 pic that was directed by Hanna-Barbera founder Joseph Barbera.

The original Jetsons series was set in the year 2062 and ran from 1962-63. The new Jetsons would similarly be set 100 years in the future (i.e. 2118).

http://tvline.com/2017/06/29/the-jetsons-remake-live-action-tv-series-comedy-reboot/

Mahershala Ali in Talks for the Lead in TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3

Mahershala-Ali-True-Detective-Season-3-Dragonlord.jpg

Mahershala Ali may have found his next act. The Moonlight Oscar winner is in early discussions for a starring role in a potential third season of HBO anthology True Detective. A deal is far from done — and it remains unclear if there will actually be a third cycle of the franchise.

HBO programming president Casey Bloys has made no secret of his desire to move forward with the one-time Emmy-winning anthology. News broke in March that Deadwood creator David Milch was in early talks to board a potential third cycle of the franchise from creator Nic Pizzolatto. The latter, who has not done another series since True Detective's critically panned sophomore run, remains under an overall deal (through 2018) with HBO.

"We're open to someone else writing it with Nic supervising it; it's a really valuable franchise for us," Bloys told reporters in July 2016. "It's not dead; I'm just not sure we have the right take for a third season — yet."

Ali, who won an Academy Award for his supporting turn in best picture Moonlight, has had television roles in Netflix's House of Cards, as well as the streaming giant's Marvel drama Luke Cage.

'True Detective': Mahershala Ali in Talks for Season 3 Lead

Full Trailer for The Duplass Brothers' ROOM 104 on HBO

All 12 episodes take place in the same motel room but each week highlights a different story, tone, and era. Premieres July 28.

the cliffhanger ending of doctor who was good at least for me. So for doctor who next year we can look forward to new companion and new doctor And moffat stepping down letting other people write doctor who

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back