Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you watched Outlander? I'm watching that now and its pretty good; I'm digging it.

Waiting patiently for season three, love it.

Disappointed that nobody ever tried Banished, it featured a terrifying Rory McCann.

British convicts have been sent to Australia as punishment for their crimes. As they try to live their new lives, they have to live with the new rules. The soldiers also have to adjust.

I don't usually go for any show that doesn't have some sort of sci fi, supernatural, or fantasy element, but this doesn't look bad.

I usually don't love these espionage shows but the weird PTSD twist and the wonderful dark humor really hooked me.

Have I mentioned
2v8mqhh.jpg
yet? If not, I'm going to give it a strong recommend. I really enjoyed this spy satire. Really, really enjoyed it, and hope there's another season coming.

@Dragonlordxxxxx please watch this if you haven't already. @Anung Un Rama , you too. @Ippy , you never really talk about spy shows, but this is damned good.

Hey, good news.

‘Patriot’ Renewed for Season 2 at Amazon

Thanks, will give it a look.

DARK MATTER

Episode four was great. The Groundhog Day storyline was funny and a breath of fresh air.

The more I think about this gif, the less I understand it.

I assumed you caught an episode of Patriot and liked it.
It means you and I know what's going to happen in Outlander and I hope you won't spoil it to AUR who's expecting something else. :)

It means you and I know what's going to happen in Outlander and I hope you won't spoil it to AUR who's expecting something else. :)

I deliberately avoided the subject.

Some nights I still wake up screaming.

I really hope you manage to watch Patriot soon though, literally nobody I know has seen it and I'd love another opinion.

I deliberately avoided the subject.

Some nights I still wake up screaming.

I really hope you manage to watch Patriot soon though, literally nobody I know has seen it and I'd love another opinion.
Downloading it right now.

@Loiosh I checked out the first episode of Patriot. I just watched the first 20 minutes and my impression is it's a dark comedy but the atmosphere is too mopey and dreary for me. It severely lacks energy and vitality. The main character is unlikable. I did like the idea that he spills everything in the lyrics of his song.

Unsure if I want to even finish the first episode.

@Loiosh I checked out the first episode of Patriot. I just watched the first 20 minutes and my impression is it's a dark comedy but the atmosphere is too mopey and dreary for me. It severely lacks energy and vitality. The main character is unlikable. I did like the idea that he spills everything in the lyrics of his song.

This is not a show about energy and vitality. The main character has been completely broken, he had been captured and tortured (before the series started). He's completely numb. Also, he is not a very nice guy nor is he likable, he's doing actual spy things and doing them to win. He's ruthless.

It's a very dark series but I'm not going to say anything about why I loved it, outside of the fact I was completely invested in a half dozen characters.

I'll add that the show didn't sink it's hooks into me until the third or fourth episode (I was playing Civ at first) but when it did, I turned off the computer and it had my full attention. This actually left me a bit lost because the show is so damned complicated.

Shame you didn't like it, I think you're going to miss something special here, but it definitely is extremely dark... Although at times it's light and hilarious. It's like Wes Anderson killing a brutal hangover with Xanax.

I've been watching it again on my phone as I commute and I love it.

This is not a show about energy and vitality. The main character has been completely broken, he had been captured and tortured (before the series started). He's completely numb. Also, he is not a very nice guy nor is he likable, he's doing actual spy things and doing them to win. He's ruthless.

It's a very dark series but I'm not going to say anything about why I loved it, outside of the fact I was completely invested in a half dozen characters.

I'll add that the show didn't sink it's hooks into me until the third or fourth episode (I was playing Civ at first) but when it did, I turned off the computer and it had my full attention. This actually left me a bit lost because the show is so damned complicated.

Shame you didn't like it, I think you're going to miss something special here, but it definitely is extremely dark... Although at times it's light and hilarious. It's like Wes Anderson killing a brutal hangover with Xanax.

I've been watching it again on my phone as I commute and I love it.
Sorry to let you down. Mopey and depressing shows are a hit and miss to me (mostly miss) and I have a lot of TV shows in my rotation that inserting Patriot in there is too much. Maybe someday. :)

You just sold me on not watching this...

I need energy and vibrancy. Ippy doesn't do mopey.

Sorry to let you down. Mopey and depressing shows are a hit and miss to me (mostly miss) and I have a lot of TV shows in my rotation that inserting Patriot in there is too much. Maybe someday. :)

Did you really give up after twenty minutes? Did you not even make it to the bathroom scene? Or the "attache badge" scene? His brother is hysterical.

2iv0g40.jpg

DARK MATTER

Episode four was great. The Groundhog Day storyline was funny and a breath of fresh air.

Valiant effort by the crew of the Raza, but the sky-high bar of gut-busting hilarity set by the reigning Groundhog champion that is Stargate SG-1's Window of Opportunity will never be beaten, I'm afraid :cool:

tumblr_nbms3g8azK1txv3l4o1_250.gif

tumblr_nbms3g8azK1txv3l4o4_250.gif

tumblr_nbms3g8azK1txv3l4o6_250.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back