Turns out Zhang Yimou's The Great Wall isn't quite the trainwreck it has the repuation for being

I can't say it's bad.
It's a top notch production, that's for sure.
But then again, it's a story about a foreigner who bests the best of the best in the best army of a non westernized/white country.
The script is more used than Sasha Grey.
So 9/10 production, 3/10 story = 6
Damon and Pascal always deliver though.

Instead of being called the Great Wall, it could be called:
The last (for real this time) of the Mohicans 2, Avatar 2, Dancing with Wolves 2, The Last Samurai 2... and so on.

But then again, it's a story about a foreigner who bests the best of the best in the best army of a non westernized/white country.
The script is more used than Sasha Grey.
So 9/10 production, 3/10 story = 6
Damon and Pascal always deliver though.

Instead of being called the Great Wall, it could be called:
The last (for real this time) of the Mohicans 2, Avatar 2, Dancing with Wolves 2, The Last Samurai 2... and so on.

The story of the Western savior has been done a lot, that's true. Though you might be surprised to learn that it's actually a Chinese-American co-production, so apparently they were cool with the story.

I thought the movie was solid too. Way more entertaining than I expected it to be.

The story of the Western savior has been done a lot, that's true. Though you might be surprised to learn that it's actually a Chinese-American co-production, so apparently they were cool with the story.
The hot girl received the Chinese version of the Razzie, so China might have had a few issues with the Western savior thing.

The Chinese can eat a dick! She was great!
I know. That's why it must have been for a different reason. Plus even she sucked, there's no way that was the worst Chinese performance of the year. They put out some shit movies.

Lol @ anyone thinking this movie is good.

It's fucking shit. Nothing else to say about it. It was a CGI crapfest worse than any Transformers movie

The battles were so ridiculous and illogical. They developed these fancy weapons... nah let's use these woman tethered to a post and have them dive at these monster things with javelins. Why not just throw javelins at them from atop your wall? Nah that doesn't look as fancy. It was a terrible movie.

The battles were so ridiculous and illogical. They developed these fancy weapons... nah let's use these woman tethered to a post and have them dive at these monster things with javelins. Why not just throw javelins at them from atop your wall? Nah that doesn't look as fancy. It was a terrible movie.

All of those women were very brave, strong and independent. They had every right to fight in that battle in particular and for gender equality in general as they saw fit.
So all the male generals agreed to let them go for whatever strategy they came up with.
And there you go.
That's when fighting 400 kg alien tiger-chupacabras while suspended by a rope over a gigantic vertical wall with javelins made total sense.
Instead of, like, dropping rocks on their head from the top of the wall.

It took a while, but I see the Gay Brigade has arrived.

Build a thousand bridges in your life and a hate one shit movie and you're known as a cock sucker, huh?

I mean, it was really, really bad.

Build a thousand bridges in your life and a hate one shit movie and you're known as a cock sucker, huh?

I mean, it was really, really bad.

Break it down for me. Tell me what exactly was so bad about it.