Tupac died 20 years ago today.

One of the most overrated rappers ever to be honest.

I only know about him cause that dumb Biggie Smalls movie

Yet it's only been 10 years since his last album.

I saw Pac at Costco like 10 days ago

Cant go one post without someone being a jerk off.

RIP to the only ballerina who self identified as a thug.

Good thing for him too...
Because otherwise he would have just slowly fizzled and been viewed as being tantamount to EPMD.

Pete Nice from 3rd Bass tells how quickly Pac changed. From being a very friendly guy who usually didn't have enough money to buy fast food.... which they would cover for him when on tour with Digital Underground. To being too hard to even look at and acknowledge people from his very recent past (at that point).

Tupac was as bad for the black community and black culture as MLK was good for it.

I remember it well. 6th grade, 4th period English. This girl Eva came barging into class and broke the news.

She is further remembered for being the only human to acquire a Tickle Me Elmo.

Tupac was one of the greatest song writers of all time. A great street poet. Activist and an icon.
Fuck you dumbass haters.

Good thing for him too...
Because otherwise he would have just slowly fizzled and been viewed as being tantamount to EPMD.

I actually cannot get mad at that statement. Tupac has almost living legend status while Chuck D, a rap pioneer, is almost an afterthought despite still making great music today.

I was in 2nd period. The teacher said something terrible has happened. We turned on the tv and watched not realizing the world was changing forever.

Oh this is about 2pac, my bad. Yeah he dead.

I love 2Pac and always have, but he was a huge dindu, plain and simple. Talking about peace in the streets and then turning around to record songs like Hit 'Em Up, then turning around again talking about how he wishes he could be free. FOH. He wasn't a victim of Suge Knight or "the man", the idiot's own mouth got him killed. But everyone wants to make him out to be a martyr under the guise of being an 'activist'. If rapping about killing people, fucking other peoples' wives, drinking Hennessey and smoking blunts is activism then fuck, I got it all backwards.

I actually cannot get mad at that statement. Tupac has almost living legend status while Chuck D, a rap pioneer, is almost an afterthought despite still making great music today.

Great way to put it.

Back