Tulsi Gabbard Has Just Dropped A Bomb On Hillary Run For President She Stepped Down A Vice-Chair DNC

The problem, again, comes down to numbers. The states Sanders has won (and Iowa was a tie) haven't been as important as the ones Clinton has won:

Clinton got 148 to Sanders' 69 delegates in Texas. For the five states Sanders won, Sanders got 135 to Clinton's 83 delegates.

But you ignore the regional implications. Clinton is dominating in the south, no doubt.

Bernie is winning on the coasts and midwest. There are a lot more delegates in the midwest and coasts than in the south.

Now bernie isn't winning by the margins in these regions that clinton has in the south, but because there are so many more delegates here, this is still close if the trends continue, with clinton winning out.

If bernie starts to build momentum, and starts pulling 60-40 wins in large delegate states on the coasts and midwest, he can still win this.

Clinton just needs to maintain the status quo to win, but it will be a close win the way things stand now.

Really man?

Are you really going to argue that bernie with 5 states, is somehow done with, but the Republicans are still in a dogfight, or was that satire?
No, it wasn't satire. Stick a fork in Bernie, man. He can't win states that aren't lily white. He is in a party that has nearly 500 superdelegates all who have their marching orders to support Hillary.

I'm just being realistic. At this point the belief that Bernie could win the overall convention vote is about as realistic as believing that Rubio could win the pledged vote. The GOP race is interesting because Super Tuesday already showed Trump fading, and if he fails to reach 1,237 delegates, then you have a fractured party and the most insane convention scramble of all-time.

What is there to concede you simpleton? You asserted that the lack of polling data in Minnesota and Colorado was aberrant. I've quoted that repeatedly. Drop it you cry baby.

You know the phrase he who smelt it dealt it.....well he who just wants to move on is wrong.

You can not possibly still be confused by what my issue is here.

Do I need to cite post numbers like you did, to point you to the posts where I in detail, explained this to you over and over?

No, it wasn't satire. Stick a fork in Bernie, man. He can't win states that aren't lily white. He is in a party that has nearly 500 superdelegates all who have their marching orders to support Hillary.

I'm just being realistic. At this point the belief that Bernie could win the overall convention vote is about as realistic as believing that Rubio could win the pledged vote. The GOP race is interesting because Super Tuesday already showed Trump fading, and if he fails to reach 1,237 delegates, then you have a fractured party and the most insane convention scramble of all-time.

I just really don't know how to respond to the idea that somehow bernie is done, but the GOP race is still a dog fight.

I have explained the superdelegates deal at length, over and over. No one ever offers a rebuttal.

Do I need to cite post numbers like you did, to point you to the posts where I in detail, explained this to you over and over?
No, what you need to post is support for the assertions you make.

I just really don't know how to respond to the idea that somehow bernie is done, but the GOP race is still a dog fight.

I have explained the superdelegates deal at length, over and over. No one ever offers a rebuttal.
Do you understand how superdelegates work?

You understand that SD's are drawn and segregated from the master delegate pools afforded to states based on their population, since that is reflected in representation, right? They aren't materialized out of nothing. This explains why states like Georgia with 10.2 million people only distributed the same 116 delegates yesterday as Massachusetts despite that Massachusetts only has 6.8 million people.

Superdelegates concern themselves with internal party strategies, and with electability in the general election. Bernie has looked good in the most generalized polling of the GE, but the Democrats understand that they will need to dominate the minority votes in order to win the GE, since it isn't just a massive poll of Americans as one lump group, but a state-by-state battle for delegate supremacy, and Bernie showed zero health or viability in the South. The Democrats can't be afford to sacrifice swing states in the South. They can't afford to sacrifice the minority vote anywhere. That was reflected in the exit polls from ST.

Here, forget all that. Let me break this down in terms that aren't as friendly to self-delusion with yesterday's primary vote totals (since Bernie only appears to be close due to the same state-by-state protocol for distribution of delegates that will crucify him in the election). I've ranked the states in descending order according to overall population:

Texas
Clinton = 935,080
Sanders = 475,561

Georgia
Clinton = 543,008
Sanders = 214,332

Virginia
Clinton = 503,358
Sanders = 275,507

Massachusetts
Clinton = 603,784
Sanders = 586,716

Tennessee
Clinton = 245,304
Sanders = 120,333

Minnesota
Clinton = 73,510
Sanders = 118,135

Colorado
Clinton = 49,314
Sanders = 72,115

Alabama
Clinton = 309,928
Sanders = 76,399

Oklahoma
Clinton = 139,338
Sanders = 174,054

Arkansas
Clinton = 144,580
Sanders = 64,868

Vermont
Clinton = 18,335
Sanders = 115,863

Now add those up and tell me what you see.

Last edited:
But you ignore the regional implications. Clinton is dominating in the south, no doubt.
Sanders isn't winning NY. Sanders isn't winning MI. Sanders isn't winning IL. Where is Sanders getting the delegates he needs? I want to know because I too want to believe. What objective basis are you drawing your enthusiasm from?

You know the phrase he who smelt it dealt it.....well he who just wants to move on is wrong.

Reminds me of Futurama:

Dwight: Dude. Who whipped an egger?

Cubert: He who smelt, dealt it.

Dwight: Yeah? Well, he who denied it, supplied it.

Cubert: Well, he who ar-ticulated it, par-ticulated it.

Dwight: Well, he who refuted it, tooted it.

Cubert: Stalemate.

12805731_10100898513124838_6900341372344392162_n.jpg

Do you understand how superdelegates work?

You understand that SD's are drawn and segregated from the master delegate pools afforded to states based on their population, since that is reflected in representation, right? They aren't materialized out of nothing. This explains why states like Georgia with 10.2 million people only distributed the same 116 delegates yesterday as Massachusetts despite that Massachusetts only has 6.8 million people.

Superdelegates concern themselves with internal party strategies, and with electability in the general election. Bernie has looked good in the most generalized polling of the GE, but the Democrats understand that they will need to dominate the minority votes in order to win the GE, since it isn't just a massive poll of Americans as one lump group, but a state-by-state battle for delegate supremacy, and Bernie showed zero health or viability in the South. The Democrats can't be afford to sacrifice swing states in the South. They can't afford to sacrifice the minority vote anywhere. That was reflected in the exit polls from ST.

Here, forget all that. Let me break this down in terms that aren't as friendly to self-delusion with yesterday's primary vote totals (since Bernie only appears to be close due to the same state-by-state protocol for distribution of delegates that will crucify him in the election). I've ranked the states in descending order according to overall population:

Texas
Clinton = 935,080
Sanders = 475,561

Georgia
Clinton = 543,008
Sanders = 214,332

Virginia
Clinton = 503,358
Sanders = 275,507

Massachusetts
Clinton = 603,784
Sanders = 586,716

Tennessee
Clinton = 245,304
Sanders = 120,333

Minnesota
Clinton = 73,510
Sanders = 118,135

Colorado
Clinton = 49,314
Sanders = 72,115

Alabama
Clinton = 309,928
Sanders = 76,399

Oklahoma
Clinton = 139,338
Sanders = 174,054

Arkansas
Clinton = 144,580
Sanders = 64,868

Vermont
Clinton = 18,335
Sanders = 115,863

Now add those up and tell me what you see.

I do understand this.

Do you understand that if bernie wins the delegate count allocated by voters, and the DNC allowed the superdelegates to decide the election for Clinton, that this would be suicide for the DNC?

Sanders isn't winning NY. Sanders isn't winning MI. Sanders isn't winning IL. Where is Sanders getting the delegates he needs? I want to know because I too want to believe. What objective basis are you drawing your enthusiasm from?

What do you base the idea on that he is going to lose?

Clinton's monster 5% win in nevada, her Yuuuge win in Massachusetts by 2%, or her colossal win in iowa by 0.5%?

I got new hampshire and minnesota by 20%+, colorado by 20%, and oklahoma by 10%, to support my explanation.

Who is the one living in denial here?

What happened to the funeral you were going to?

What do you base the idea on that he is going to lose?

Clinton's monster 5% win in nevada, her Yuuuge win in Massachusetts by 2%, or her colossal win in iowa by 0.5%?

I got new hampshire and minnesota by 20%+, colorado by 20%, and oklahoma by 10%, to support my explanation.

Who is the one living in denial here?

What happened to the funeral you were going to?

Luckily I have a funeral to attend in a few days and so won't be able to post too much more. I also thought that given my clear and regular statements and support for Sanders that Hendo would perhaps listen.

Here, since reading is apparently hard for some people.

I have said all along, all Sanders needs is 4 state wins. He needs to close the numbers in Texas, and he will exceed my expectations here.

Sanders can come out of this 150 delegates down, and make that up in one state with a big win down the road. Specifically the last contest in California.

Arkansas is in play for Sanders, which is home turf for Clinton. That doesn't worry you at all?

how did these predictions work out for you?

I do understand this.

Do you understand that if bernie wins the delegate count allocated by voters, and the DNC allowed the superdelegates to decide the election for Clinton, that this would be suicide for the DNC?
Yes, I clearly understand that, which is why I started talking about little things like, you know, vote totals and (invisible) delegates. I don't you think you understand why the delegate tally appears to be as close as it does, or you're pretending that you don't. Bernie can't win any states that matter because all the big states are mixed states.

Minnesota is the biggest state he has won yet, and his victory there was relatively underwhelming compared to how Hillary trounced him in states like Texas, Georgia, and Virginia.

Look, Mulder, I want to believe, but nobody cares about this show, anymore.

Yes, I clearly understand that, which is why I started talking about little things like, you know, vote totals and (invisible) delegates. I don't you think you understand why the delegate tally appears to be as close as it does, or you're pretending that you don't. Bernie can't win any states that matter because all the big states are mixed states.

Minnesota is the biggest state he has won yet, and his victory there was relatively underwhelming compared to how Hillary trounced him in states like Texas, Georgia, and Virginia.

Look, Mulder, I want to believe, but nobody cares about this show, anymore.

The demographics between colorado and Texas are very similiar, same could be said of nevada. It is regional. Clinton killed with Latinos in texas, bernie has done just fine with Latinos in Nevada and colorado.

The black vote in the midwest and northeast has not been the landslide it has been in the south. In all fairness we haven't seen states like Michigan with above average black populations, that aren't in the south, but we have seen this with Latinos, and it shows more of a regional dominance than a demographic dominance. A combination of both at work together sure, but region is the dominating factor.

The demographics between colorado and Texas are very similiar, same could be said of nevada. It is regional. Clinton killed with Latinos in texas, bernie has done just fine with Latinos in Nevada and colorado.

The black vote in the midwest and northeast has not been the landslide it has been in the south. In all fairness we haven't seen states like Michigan with above average black populations, that aren't in the south, but we have seen this with Latinos, and it shows more of a regional dominance than a demographic dominance. A combination of both at work together sure, but region is the dominating factor.

How are Texas and Colorado demographics "very similar"

Texas has 37 % any race latinos - colorado has 20

Black population is not comparable either...

Bernie wins smalls, vastly white states - cali, NY, Mich, Ill are not that. Demographics so far plays much more of a role than regional.

Hilary has a more dominate lead than Obama has ever had in a primary - pundits place her odds at 95% - odds maker has her at -2500 and he is down by 200 not including SD and you are moving your hopeful goal posts based on geography?

Time to change your algorithm settings, Bernbot.

Last edited:
except being blown out in texas and very much missing that 150 mark. (not even including SD)

I said he would exceed my expectations if he closed texas. He lost by 165 delegates, awarded by voters.

Like I said, I kind of nailed it didn't I?

I'll be honest, I thought Massachusetts was the lock, and oklahoma was the question, so I didn't totally nail it.

Back