TUF25: James Krause?....

Buffmeister

RINYA NAKAMURA
@Black
Reaction score
So he will also compete at the upcoming season of TUF but he is still under contract and having a two fight winning streak...(2-2 in his last 4)

Everybody else is fighting for a new spot on the roster...could that cause some extra heat between him and the other guys in the house?...i think so...

Maybe the new owners are not that satisfied with him and it is win or cut for him...or maybe they are just trying to figured out where he stands and look from there...

Whats your thought?

It is pretty retarded since he's, like you said, on a 2-fight win streak. I guess in the company's eyes there's a compelling storyline with him because he tried to get into the TUF house a few years ago but lost that first elimination fight. Since this season is titled "Redemption," I'm sure they'll push that angle, that Krause is now a successful UFC fighter but wanted to go back to TUF and redeem himself.

It's super weird & feels like a waste. Not sure why he even agreed to it.

Looking at it a different way it might be smart if he wins.

He fights 3 guys quite possibly not as difficult as guys already in the UFC and get 250k. Probably a Harley and more promotion, TV time and hype then he would otherwise get. Plus a chance at the other bonuses.

It is pretty retarded since he's, like you said, on a 2-fight win streak. I guess in the company's eyes there's a compelling storyline with him because he tried to get into the TUF house a few years ago but lost that first elimination fight. Since this season is titled "Redemption," I'm sure they'll push that angle, that Krause is now a successful UFC fighter but wanted to go back to TUF and redeem himself.

<{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}>

that's a weird angle but you're probably right.

fuck angles.

With all the recent roster trimmings, maybe he realized himself it was a way to stay in the UFC and earn a fat paycheck. Or someone higher up suggested it to him before he gets cut? IDK.

The strangest part is that he has his own gym and other business interests. I'm surprised he has the time to take away from those.

With all the recent roster trimmings, maybe he realized himself it was a way to stay in the UFC and earn a fat paycheck. Or someone higher up suggested it to him before he gets cut? IDK.

Thanks for rephrasing my post

Very bizarre inclusion and he'd better win. He's the only cast member who isn't a) rubbish or b) completely and utterly washed up.

It's a turd concept and I won't be watching a second of it, but I do hope Krause takes it all.

What's Krause on now ? If he wins TUF, 250k pay check would probably beat his current contract, plus he probably wins a Harley, gets some air time, maybe pulls a Sam Hoger and steals some merch and it puts him in a good spot to renegotiate his contract...the UFC couldn't just let a guy off who just won TUF. Plus, he doesn't have to throw as much money into training camps etc.

I wonder if they've terminated his contract though ? Surely you can't compete in TUF If you already have a contract, or did his contract expire ? This scenario hasn't really happened before.

instead of hiring a bunch of washouts that are mostly 30+ they should've just did a tuf with prospects currently in the ufc that are unknown. Give a young talented fighter a valuable name instead of milking the tit of dead cows.

Tufs like these are cool if the winner just wins money but not a ufc contract. Fans get to see their old favs fight and the fighters get some more money.win win. But theres no point recycling these guys into the ufc. especially in a stacked division like ww and lw (some will cut) some of these guys have enough steam to get back into the ufc without this but none will realistically make waves.

Weird for sure. Maybe they want to see if he can get exposure and become popular.

UFC fighter wins TUF. OK?

Looking at it a different way it might be smart if he wins.

He fights 3 guys quite possibly not as difficult as guys already in the UFC and get 250k. Probably a Harley and more promotion, TV time and hype then he would otherwise get. Plus a chance at the other bonuses.

Yah 100%. Its actually a pretty mart move if you ask me

This can only help him. T..v. time will help spread him name and since so far he looks the best, this will be a great business move for himself.

Was prob gonna get trimmed off the roster soon and offered him this to save his spot is my guess.

Theres some solid WWs in that house with him so I def can see him eliminated too

Idk why there has to be an angle. He lost on TUF before and he's kinda mid-tier. Chance to win a bunch of money and get a bigger fight.

Its a transition for WME. You notice only 14 names were announced speculation is the other 2 are current UFC fighters. WME wants to move TUF away from finding up and comers into a exhibition tournament with journeymen and established fighters for a prize.

Back