TUF25 - could be best season in awhile

USA!USA!

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I used to be really into the early shows but then stopped following for the last 10 seasons or so probably. But, must say, really enjoyed this first episode.

Maybe it's because I know the background of most of these guys already since I've seen them before and it's an interesting mix of personalities.

Or maybe it was the dynamic between the 2 coaches (lots of cringe worthy, hilarious meathead trash talk), but I enjoyed it and think this will be a great season.

Im only watching because of the coaches. We will see how much potential these comeback guys really have. Besides Krause obviously.
But for me the best season by far had to be the Tournament of Champions for Mighty Mouse, and then season 5 was damn entertaining.

Im only watching because of the coaches. We will see how much potential these comeback guys really have. Besides Krause obviously.
But for me the best season by far had to be the Tournament of Champions for Mighty Mouse, and then season 5 was damn entertaining.

I dont expect any of the fighters to be contending anytime soon other than maybe Krause, but the fights should still be interesting and entertaining. These guys are real professional fighters for the most part.

Yea I got surprisingly pumped. Been hoping for a throwback season since TUF4.

Very invested in the whole cast because of built in familiarity.

Cody and TJ have some legit beef. I'm embarrassed to say I'm digging all that soap opera shit too.

Yea I got surprisingly pumped. Been hoping for a throwback season since TUF4.

Very invested in the whole cast because of built in familiarity.

Cody and TJ have some legit beef. I'm embarrassed to say I'm digging all that soap opera shit too.

Same man... didnt think I would like it, but was very entertaining.

I'm really having trouble with so many veterans on the show. Joe Daddy, really? A lot of these guys have had their chance, and I feel like we saw their best. At least with some 9-2 kid from Indiana you can tell yourself if he gets the right camp he can make an impact.

I'm really having trouble with so many veterans on the show. Joe Daddy, really? A lot of these guys have had their chance, and I feel like we saw their best. At least with some 9-2 kid from Indiana you can tell yourself if he gets the right camp he can make an impact.

Eh, not kidding myself believing these guys will be contenders for the belt, but it can still be entertaining and interesting. Outside of Krause, this is the last chance at a big pay day for any of these guys in their careers.

I used to be really into the early shows but then stopped following for the last 10 seasons or so probably. But, must say, really enjoyed this first episode.

Maybe it's because I know the background of most of these guys already since I've seen them before and it's an interesting mix of personalities.

Or maybe it was the dynamic between the 2 coaches (lots of cringe worthy, hilarious meathead trash talk), but I enjoyed it and think this will be a great season.

agreed. last night's episode was good. this will be a good season for sure.

have a feeling a lot of guys will fight on the finale like they used to.

On most of these tuf seasons only a few guys are any good. This is the best season in terms of talert other than the first few........ also knowing the backgrounds counts for something

I agree, it was a pretty good episode! Nice to see so many familiar faces as well. Cody vs TJ is a great buildup and fight too.

There are so many random 9-2 kids these days. I can't keep up. I like this season because I know a lot of them. The last redemption season was great. Serra KO'ing GSP is still like the best story ever in the sport. I wish the winner of this one would fight Woodley or whoever was champ too. Can you imagine Julian Lane becoming champ?

Plus Cody/Dillashaw is a great fight.

On most of these tuf seasons only a few guys are any good. This is the best season in terms of talert other than the first few........ also knowing the backgrounds counts for something

Wow.

This season is full of proven rejects. Compare that with virtually every other season where we get to find real diamonds in the rough.

What did people think was good? I thought it was shitty.The most notable moment is a one second gif we all already saw. Half the episode is about a completely mediocre inconsequential journeyman ten year vet not being professional enough to be in shape, the fight was meh.

Honestly what did you guys think were the good parts of the 2 hours besides the one second gif we all saw months ago?

And Joe Daddy looks worn out. He's the smallest guy with the most wear and tear. The alternate was a let down. Two hours catching up with lower level vets just to see a ten minute basic grapple fuck from to old washed up vets not going anywhere. If they were both young growing fighters in their early 20's it would be more acceptable.

Last edited:

Wow.

This season is full of proven rejects. Compare that with virtually every other season where we get to find real diamonds in the rough.
Ya prospects. And maybe one or two.... this one is full of guys who couldn't win consistently at the highest level of mma but fought there.

Wow.

Proven rejects aside from the fact that Joe Stevenson and Eddie Gordon won the show. The talent level on average is probably higher than the average season+it's good to do something different so you can let the talent pool of fighters replenish.

last season was great
I enjoyed 23 as well. I've only been watching since 10 then. My super brief reviews since then :p

22 was okay... 21, didn't watch consistently. 20...one of my favorites :p
19...skipped... 18 very solid. 17 was great, arguably my favorite. 16 was ass. 15 was interesting. 14 was great. 13, 12, 11 were meh. 10 was solid.

Proven rejects aside from the fact that Joe Stevenson and Eddie Gordon won the show. The talent level on average is probably higher than the average season+it's good to do something different so you can let the talent pool of fighters replenish.
James Krause is also on a winning streak IN the UFC & really shouldn't even be on the show, haha. I think the only thing he can benefit out of doing this is get exposure. It's kind of win or bust for him. Losing would not look good.

What did people think was good? I thought it was shitty.The most notable moment is a one second gif we all already saw. Half the episode is about a completely mediocre inconsequential journeyman ten year vet not being professional enough to be in shape, the fight was meh.

Honestly what did you guys think were the good parts of the 2 hours besides the one second gif we all saw months ago?

And Joe Daddy looks worn out. He's the smallest guy with the most wear and tear. The alternate was a let down. Two hours catching up with lower level vets just to see a ten minute basic grapple fuck from to old washed up vets not going anywhere. If they were both young growing fighters in their early 20's it would be more acceptable.

Some people enjoy watching MMA even if it isnt at championship level.

Back