TUF Undefeated: Joe Giannetti vs John Gunther

simong

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Only just seen the first episode as I live in the UK, won't spoil it for anyone, but all I say is Luke Thomas would have a field day with some of these guys, terrible, terrible, terrible

It was on last night in the US so I suspect most have seen it and it was on at the same time on BT Sport. (10pm ET, 3am UK).

I'm not sure what you thought was so terrible about that first fight though (or was the rest of it terrible?), it wasn't long enough for me to get an opinion.

I think I watched a different show than you if you're able to judge them all to be terrible. The show I watched only showed two fighters and that was for less than a minute.

i was watching it while on the treadmill and blinked. i was wondering, did blue team stach guy put his hand out for a hand shake (high 5, whatever) and get punched?

John Gunther had a good attitude about losing

Gunther reminded me of Chris Greutzmacher from his TUF days. Greutzmacher has obviously improved a lot since the show. Gunther could possibly get there too.

Giannetti looked solid from his clips and then what he showed in the fight. He looked calm, smooth, and snagged the sub easily.

Gunther reminded me of Chris Greutzmacher from his TUF days. Greutzmacher has obviously improved a lot since the show. Gunther could possibly get there too.

Giannetti looked solid from his clips and then what he showed in the fight. He looked calm, smooth, and snagged the sub easily.
Only thing is Gunther is 32, kinda old for his division

Yeah, I think he just got caught and didn't realize he was in trouble until he woke up. It was deep but a tough position to finish from much less that quickly so kudos for the technique. Was hoping to see more but sometimes that's just how it goes.

Only thing is Gunther is 32, kinda old for his division

I should have looked in to the undefeated angle a bit more before i went in to it. I thought these guys would be decent but gunter was terrible and looked like cm punk level.

He's had 3 pro fights from 2015 and only fought once each year up til now. Stipe must have did him a favour to get him on the show.

Gotta say this is the most depressing TUF episode ever listening to guys talk about themselves living in cars and not finishing school, and then that fight was so anticlimactic.

Gunther was tipped as one of the better LW's by a few posters, surprised to see him collapse so quickly in the very first fight. Stipe must be gutted, haha.

I should have looked in to the undefeated angle a bit more before i went in to it. I thought these guys would be decent but gunter was terrible and looked like cm punk level.

He's had 3 pro fights from 2015 and only fought once each year up til now. Stipe must have did him a favour to get him on the show.

He came off a big win to go into the house. He beat Devonte Smith in a pretty insane comeback (the footage they showed). Devonte Smith is 7-1 and just beat Justin Edwards.

Gotta say this is the most depressing TUF episode ever listening to guys talk about themselves living in cars and not finishing school, and then that fight was so anticlimactic.
I legit felt bad for Gunther after he lost. The dudes such a cornball, and he looked helpless when he got caught so quickly.

My prediction, aside of PAIN of course, is that Cormier's team overtrains, someone gets hurt and Gunther comes back due to taking zero damage (aside of a little oxygen deprivation).

Anytime you get out of the first fight with no damage taken that is huge on this show.

Back