TUF Tate VS Rousey EPISODE 2 DISCUSSION

Shayna was favourite due to her background. But it was still first pick vs first pick. You pick the easiest fight on paper when you decide the first fight to get a momentum. Instead it was like Im gonna take Meishas friend out

Oh I agree completely that RR acted out of her hatred for Tate more than anything else, but Pena was still a longshot
Also if Meisha was not friends with Pena I doubt she would be picked first
I thought RR's strategy of picking first fight was brilliant, she knew she would still get Shayna & have the hammer
But the great part of the episode was seeing the cockiness backfire & that is great TV

Oh I agree completely that RR acted out of her hatred for Tate more than anything else, but Pena was still a longshot
Also if Meisha was not friends with Pena I doubt she would be picked first
I thought RR's strategy of picking first fight was brilliant, she knew she would still get Shayna & have the hammer
But the great part of the episode was seeing the cockiness backfire & that is great TV

I dont know. Maybe because she knew her personally shows she knew how good she was and the 2 performances so far in the house justify her first pick was based on ability rather than friendship

I dont know. Maybe because she knew her personally shows she knew how good she was and the 2 performances so far in the house justify her first pick was based on ability rather than friendship

Can't argue there, but I think she only had 4 fights prior
But that says a lot about Tate if you think about
She is backing & helping & hyping someone that can soon be in her position
Interesting season for sure

Reason why WMMA is in the UFC is because Dana pops boner every time he sees Honda...

That seems to be less & less
The first TUF episode, the press premiere, etc
He seems over the hype

Anyone else notice how fucking huge Rousey's arms are? Sometimes when she's sitting down she looks like she has the frame of a man.

Anyone else notice how fucking huge Rousey's arms are? Sometimes when she's sitting down she looks like she has the frame of a man.
I.... I think you may be the first person to ever point that out.

You should start a thread about it.

Sarah Kauffman is ranked higher.

You mean the girl that did absolutely NOTHING whatsoever against Rousey and got finished in a matter of seconds? At least Tate survived a while and made the fight moderately competitive. McMann clearly didn't want the fight or TUF gig either, so Miesha made sense.

She was cutting weight as soon as Pena was cutting weight, what is the difference? They probably fought on the same day to get into the house so why didn't Pena gassed? .

Pena probably didnt cut much weight. She's been fighting at 125 lately

Last edited:
Shayna was favourite due to her background. But it was still first pick vs first pick. You pick the easiest fight on paper when you decide the first fight to get a momentum. Instead it was like Im gonna take Meishas friend out
If you think your best pick can take out their best pick, you do it. That's demoralizing. The Bazler/Pena pick was a great one on paper. What does it prove if Bazler takes out Tate's weakest girl? Getting the #1 pick out of the competition early is a huge psychological effect.

It just turns out Pena caught Bazler early in the second round with a good punch, and the plan backfired. It is what it is. Good for Pena. I didn't think she had much more of a chance than anyone else did, but she pulled it off.

If you think your best pick can take out their best pick, you do it. That's demoralizing. The Bazler/Pena pick was a great one on paper. What does it prove if Bazler takes out Tate's weakest girl? Getting the #1 pick out of the competition early is a huge psychological effect.

It just turns out Pena caught Bazler early in the second round with a good punch, and the plan backfired. It is what it is. Good for Pena. I didn't think she had much more of a chance than anyone else did, but she pulled it off.

This.

Also if you dont go #1 vs #1 that leaves you with having to put one of your other picks against their #1 (and #1 overall) pick, which decreases the chances of a sweep and just means she's in the semi-finals to have to be matched up with someone again

Lol comparing them to two dudes who would have gassed isn't really helping your arguement. Just that both sexes can gas hard ...

That second round was one step up from a bar room brawl.

Joe riggs cut thirty pounds 4 times over 18 days in fight master and didn't gas once.

Joe Riggs did not cut 30 pounds 4 times over 18 days, don't post fake bullshit here. I don't care if TV told you he did that, you should be smart enough to know that simply isn't physiologically possible.

Why does it matter if the second round was one step up from a bar room brawl? It was entertaining for the majority of the audience and scored a finish. Did you really think female fighters don't gas? Why would you think that? They are human. Humans get tired.

It goes both ways, Burkman was injured in a win agasint Melvin. 2 of the tops guys on the show agiasnt each other for first fihgt. Many thought it was foolish innlcuding Josh questioning it and we found out why. Fighting the next best fighter or one closest to you in talent right away makes for more bumps, brusies, etc right away.

Getting the tough fights out of the way..Puts more risk of harder fights that may cause injuries in your way.

I will never be accused of being a Roy fan but he had it right both as fighter and coach.

so why didn't Pena gassed?

Pena gassed, first of all.

Secondly, these female fighters probably all come from different weight classes. I am sure there are even some 115 fighters in the house, someone can correct me if I am wrong there.

Joe Riggs did not cut 30 pounds 4 times over 18 days, don't post fake bullshit here. I don't care if TV told you he did that, you should be smart enough to know that simply isn't physiologically possible.

Why does it matter if the second round was one step up from a bar room brawl? It was entertaining for the majority of the audience and scored a finish. Did you really think female fighters don't gas? Why would you think that? They are human. Humans get tired.

Fight to get into the house
First round
Quarters
Semis

That's 4 times dipshit. 18 days. (It was from 193 not 200, I will admit that mistake)

I'm done arguing with you. If you honestly think that was a high caliber fight then you are living in another dimension. Everyone here had higher expectations for the two number one picks except you for some unexplainable reason.

Pena gassed, first of all.

Secondly, these female fighters probably all come from different weight classes. I am sure there are even some 115 fighters in the house, someone can correct me if I am wrong there.

No, I believe there are three 125ers (Pena, Modafferi & Rakoczy) but no 115ers

I will never be accused of being a Roy fan but he had it right both as fighter and coach.

No.

That season was horrible. Very few of his fighters got any chance in the UFC because of their play it safe attitude. Other seasons have way more fighters getting a chance in the UFC. Roy did them a disservice as a coach.

Fight to get into the house
First round
Quarters
Semis

That's 4 times dipshit. 18 days. (It was from 193 not 200, I will admit that mistake)

I'm done arguing with you. If you honestly think that was a high caliber fight then you are living in another dimension. Everyone here had higher expectations for the two number one picks except you for some unexplainable reason.

Wasn't it filmed over a longer period than that? I read he was away for 7 weeks, surely all the fights weren't all squeezed into only about 1/3 of that time?

"Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard"

Back