TUF Tate VS Rousey EPISODE 12 DISCUSSION

Not at the moment? That's what's relevant to the discussion at hand.

how is the fact that Ronda will be far more famous than brock ever could imagine in the not too distant future not be relevant??

how is the fact that Ronda will be far more famous than brock ever could imagine in the not too distant future not be relevant??

Trace the conversation back to why their level of fame is relevant. Apparently you have the memory of a gold fish.

I'll let his PPV success speak for itself. That's what we are talking about. Plenty of fighters have gotten into movies.

mainstream movies?? name any other than Rampage or GSP?

Trace the conversation back to why their level of fame is relevant. Apparently you have the memory of a gold fish.

Brock wasnt an instant PPV success, and we will have to wait and see how Ronda does when she headlines a PPV. so her fame in the future is very much relevant

how can you decipher how popular she is if she hasnt even headlined a PPV?? since that is the only thing "relevant" in your mind??

Well, looking at google trends and search results, she isn't far off.
After her movies come out, she probably will be.

but that isnt relevant, wayweary has spoken

Brock wasnt an instant PPV success, and we will have to wait and see how Ronda does when she headlines a PPV. so her fame in the future is very much relevant

how can you decipher how popular she is if she hasnt even headlined a PPV?? since that is the only thing "relevant" in your mind??

Can you even give the reason Brock's fame and Rousey's fame came into this discussion without reading through it?

yes you said that only popular fighters sell well, when countered with Brock I was hit with "brock is far more famous than Ronda". to which i countered that he wont be for long.

as I said how can you know how popular Ronda is if she hasnt even headlined a PPV yet?

LOL, why do Rampage and GSP not count? Mayhem Miller, Gina Carano, Randy Couture... there are others.

Mayhem doesnt count as it wasnt a serious part, Randy and Gina I will give you.

Ronda is in 2 this year after 1 fight in the UFC. thats unheard of!! So Id say she will be more popular than Brock very soon

yes you said that only popular fighters sell well, when countered with Brock I was hit with "brock is far more famous than Ronda". to which i countered that he wont be for long.

as I said how can you know how popular Ronda is if she hasnt even headlined a PPV yet?

You were saying that hate is just as good as love (or popularity, if that's what you want to call it) in terms of selling PPV. I doubted that contention. I never said that only popular fighters sell well. I was saying that I don't think that hate is a direct substitute for love in terms of selling well. When there is a hated fighter, they won't do as well if they don't have a counterpoint for people to root for. If their opponent is also hated, that is a bad scenario. A loved fighter will sell regardless of opponent, be they are loved, hated or even unnoticed. Two loved fighters going head to head markets itself.

You tried to reinforce your contention that hate was so valuable by saying that Brock was hated and sold very well. I said that the reason he sold so well was because of how famous he was, as an alternative than he sold well "because he was hated." Further, I said he had plenty of fans, so he was "popular" even if he had a lot of critics within MMA.

Now you are acting like Rousey's prospects at future fame are relevant to that discussion. If her fame does help her sell, as I'm sure it will, it does nothing to contradict my point nor is it relevant to the thing being discussed which is whether being loved is no better than being hated in terms of marketability. Why do I even bother talking to you?

Edit: There ya go, MayhemMonkey, I gave you two line breaks. Now can you comprehend it?

Last edited:
You were saying that hate is just as good as love (or popularity, if that's what you want to call it) in terms of selling PPV. I doubted that contention. I never said that only popular fighters sell well. I was saying that I don't think that hate is a direct substitute for love in terms of selling well. When there is a hated fighter, they won't do as well if they don't have a counterpoint for people to root for. If their opponent is also hated, that is a bad scenario. A loved fighter will sell regardless of opponent, be they are loved, hated or even unnoticed. Two loved fighters going head to head markets itself. You tried to reinforce your contention that hate was so valuable by saying that Brock was hated and sold very well. I said that the reason he sold so well was because of how famous he was, as an alternative than he sold well "because he was hated." Further, I said he had plenty of fans, so he was "popular" even if he had a lot of critics within MMA. Now you are acting like Rousey's prospects at future fame are relevant to that discussion. If her fame does help her sell, as I'm sure it will, it does nothing to contradict my point nor is it relevant to the thing being discussed which is whether being loved is no better than being hated in terms of marketability. Why do I even bother talking to you?

jesus christ man, paragraphs..... have you ever heard of them?? :rolleyes:

Mayhem doesnt count as it wasnt a serious part, Randy and Gina I will give you.

Ronda is in 2 this year after 1 fight in the UFC. thats unheard of!! So Id say she will be more popular than Brock very soon

I love your little rules. You dared me to find examples after you, for some reason, eliminated two prime examples that you could think of which would have proved my point, themselves. I named some right off the top of my head, and now you are shifting the goal post: they weren't in TWO movies in a year, so they don't compare. LOL Just admit you were wrong. Also, we haven't even seen these movies she's in yet. I'm not sure that her roles are even that big. I imagine she will get like 5% of the air time in either one, if that. But whatever. Continue your Ronda worship, unabated. I don't care.

jesus christ man, paragraphs..... have you ever heard of them?? :rolleyes:

Cry me a river.

Anyway, that was a paragraph. You just want it to be broken into more than one, and I don't care. And by the way, is that whining you just did your way of admitting you have no real response? Figures.

I love your little rules. You dared me to find examples after you, for some reason, eliminated two prime examples that you could think of which would have proved my point, themselves. I named some right off the top of my head, and now you are shifting the goal post: they weren't in TWO movies in a year, so they don't compare. LOL Just admit you were wrong. Also, we haven't even seen these movies she's in yet. I'm not sure that her roles are even that big. I imagine she will get like 5% of the air time in either one, if that. But whatever. Continue your Ronda worship, unabated. I don't care.

lol my rules?? you are the one who claims to know everything and decides what is "relevant" to discussions. get over yourself ffs, you are seriously delusional

Cry me a river.

Anyway, that was a paragraph. You just want it to be broken into more than one, and I don't care. And by the way, is that whining you just did your way of admitting you have no real response? Figures.

lol so you saying that someone needs to be liked to sell well, as someone said earlier what about Floyd Mayweather?? he isnt liked, he is the record holder for PPV's sold due to being hated.

Also Bisping gets payed a lot more than most fighters due to helping sell PPV's.... he is(was) one of the most hated fighters in MMA history. every PPV he is on does decent numbers.

so no, Im not wrong. just bored of arguing with a self-righteous numbnut

lol so you saying that someone needs to be liked to sell well, as someone said earlier what about Floyd Mayweather?? he isnt liked, he is the record holder for PPV's sold due to being hated.

Also Bisping gets payed a lot more than most fighters due to helping sell PPV's.... he is(was) one of the most hated fighters in MMA history. every PPV he is on does decent numbers.

so no, Im not wrong. just bored of arguing with a self-righteous numbnut

I didn't say that someone needed to be liked to sell well. Go back and find where I said that. I even addressed the Mayweather post, so you can have a look at that, too. Hate can be a marketing tool. I never said it couldn't. I've doubted the contention that it is just as valuable as being loved. Care to address what I've actually argued rather than the straw man you've erected?

Even if I wasn't bored by your glaring inability to follow a simple discussion, it's really proving to be a waste of time discussion this with you at this point.

lol my rules?? you are the one who claims to know everything and decides what is "relevant" to discussions. get over yourself ffs, you are seriously delusional

I don't "decide" what is relevant, but I at least know what it is. What is delusional about saying that Rousey's future fame is not relevant to whether it is better for her to be loved by many or hated by many? Answer me that or swallow your pride and admit to yourself that you just can't keep up.

Fame is obviously going to amplify someone's marketability, but taking two people with the same level of fame, one of which is the object of almost hero worship and the other being a classic heel... which would be better for the athlete in question and the UFC? That's the question at hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back