TUF Season 22 Episode 7 (Discussion) 10pm ET

Micsterator

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Surprised to learn that TUF is skipping a week again, with next episode airing on 11/4/15. (not 10/28/15) Lemme guess? Baseball game? That's why TV's have many channels. I'll get over it, although I was kinda looking forward to it. (Yes, I know I'm part of a dying breed) :icon_chee

To be honest, I wasn't impressed by Matin's jiu jitsu. Sure he beat Le but Le was fucking terrible in the ground. No gnp, he had Le's legs and didn't get the leglock. I don't know just a bad display of jiu jitsu all around.

His fight vs Thanh was perfectly executed and it was all gameplan. Didnt you hear what Connors predictions in the beginning of the episode? He said "get the fight to the mat, control position, have Thanh exert energy enough so you can pass and dominate and secure the RNC finish, and that's exactly whats happened. It is very unlikely Thanh was totally unskilled on the ground. Remember, Urijah and his team had trained with him two times a day for the last weeks and probably rolled with him personally, why would he pick him vs someone who would do everything within his power to take the fight to the ground if they knew was such a bad grappler? Skill is relative, a purple belt can look like a new beginner vs a good black belt etc etc.

And really, leglock? Do you really think anyone with half a brain would go for a leglock when he is dominating the ground like Svenssons did? According to statistics, about 80% of submissions in UFC are from chokes and there is a reason for it. But I do agree that Svenssons overall game would improve alot if he improved on this GnP, not to mention his entertaining value. In this fight however, he didnt need much gnp to get the submission.

So they're showing the Saul/Marcin fight before the moment Jose walks in and Conor sees him?

Weird.

They porbably want the season to end just before mcgregor's fight, more so if they make urijah fight mgregor (in case aldo gets injured)

What? NOOOOOoooooo!! Damnit, there are enough Fox channels to show this and a baseball game, too. :mad:

I missed the last episode, anything good happen?

I don't know. But those tattoos are extraordinary. And I hate tattoos

Is anybody watching this show anymore? Maybe if it was on YouTube for free.

Just crap... No idea how they can keep TUF going. Wasn't the last decent season the one with Bader, Filthy Tom Lawlor, the Polish Experiment and Junie Browning? That's over a half-decade ago.

the russian guy looks like Cain lol

Lobov fighting with his hands down.

Annoyed with the background noise, sounds like someone is sparring on the other side of the Octagon.

Saul will win by relatively boring UD.

Dam,one of the fights I was waiting for.

Saul would be nasty with PRIDE rules

Just crap... No idea how they can keep TUF going. Wasn't the last decent season the one with Bader, Filthy Tom Lawlor, the Polish Experiment and Junie Browning? That's over a half-decade ago.

Did you hear me say EVEN ONCE that I had a whole lot going on in my life? :icon_chee

Teams are woefully unbalanced

What? NOOOOOoooooo!! Damnit, there are enough Fox channels to show this and a baseball game, too. :mad:

There are enough channels, which is why the World Series game is on big FOX. The problem is they want to maximize the ratings.

Faber was saying Conor was never there and a good way for them to mask that(not having the footage) is to have more episodes with multiple fights.

So with there being 6 more Wednesday's until the Finale and 9 fights to go, they're gonna have 3 episodes with multiple fights.

Artem was LEGIT tonight, his strikes were just deadly and Conor like. Damn! He needs to keep those damn hands up though!!!

EDIT: When I said strikes I only meant his punches. So quick and unorthodox yet they all were bombs because of accuracy.

They still have it showing on the listings. Had me confused as wasnt on BT tonight, then saw allegedly on Fox.. but no.. guess they are showing last weeks again for whoever missed McGregor/Faber/Snake first time around.

r5MzzRw.png

Hahahaha. Artem doubters :)

Why?? I don't get it. The usually only skip a week like once a season. Stupid.

Im disappointed. I dont get the lure to baseball at all. Sooooo boring.

Johnny Nunez vs David Teymur for the next fight. Johnny better take care of his underwears.

Saul is definitely the class of the field. And the inkwork is summat else.

If its saul v artem I only see one winner.

But then, artem is the prospect killer :)

Damn it, I just walked in from soccer and raised hell in the livingroom that someone erased the recording from DVR.

Screw the women, even if I'm in the wrong, they probably deserved to be yelled at for something.

Draw? Nunez stole it? I don't know

They gave him Svensson in the QF too. But they gave him Mehdi in the 1st round so I don't know.
Never understood the hype about Mehdi. He has some of the stiffest clunkiest stand-up I've ever seen with limited movement. Accolades be damned, he was never winning anything.

god nobody fucking cares about baseball.

Plenty of fucken ppl care about baseball, I'm sure the World Series game tonight got about 100 times more viewers then your average TUF.

That's the sound of their feet bouncing off the mat.

It's still going on when they are on the ground and no one is moving their feet. I guess maybe it is their breathing?

Never understood the hype about Mehdi. He has some of the stiffest clunkiest stand-up I've ever seen with limited movement. Accolades be damned, he was never winning anything.

The hype = his accolades.

Saul and Artem have fought before. Saul won a split decision.

To me, I'm more surprised when I hear people still watch baseball. Seriously, how is it at all enjoyable?

Sounds like someone is working on a heavybag in the background.

Any mma is cool, this season is chill, quiet, some ok fighters, a few ufc bound. Look at how many came out of tuf Faber vs cruZ, Cruickshank, AL iaquinta, myles jury, Joe proctor, the guy who won that season? ?

Not really much on TV anyway, then you got Ryan hall this season which shows why tuf is still needed. Big prospects out there, but need that final test before going to the ufc

Probably Teymur's round. But I think Nunez got this.

that's something you don't see everyday

Back