TUF S24 EPISODE 6 that guy tapped @ 3:06 to go in Rd 1

The good dog

Tode
Banned
Reaction score
With 3:06 to go in the first round, he clearly tapped.

He was in a guillotine for a while, held his arm out, tapped the other guys shoulder, then held his arm out to tap again Brazilian style, I'll add a pic. His head popped out straight after the first tap though, as he was about to tap for the second time. Did nobody else see this?!

It's not a natural position for his arm to be in, he was tapping and waiting.

Ready to tap

20161007_140731.jpg

Tap
20161007_140818.jpg

Ready to tap again just before popping out

20161007_140826.jpg
A gif would be better but I don't know how.

I also saw this. I just finished the episode and was searching for comments on the first tap. I have not seen anyone else mention it tho and I thought it was very obvious

I also saw this very clearly. I just finished the eppisode and was searching for comments on the first tap. I have not seen anyone else mention it tho and I thought it was very obvious
I know!

They even show it in the recap.

it was definately a tap
i cant believe so few people are talkin about it

You don't stop the submission until the ref stops the fight.

He also was very close to tapping out before the 3min mark....when they were allmost against the fence... the choke was in at the first time and Rizzo was in full guard / allmost half guard but on the wrong side to escape...when Joe was screaming: On your toes!!...on your toes!!!
He allmost got him there the first time....

Then tapped at the same time when he got the escape...

And then...finally....had to tap out to the triangle...

Must have hurt his feelings bad...as the JJ guy of them two and talking about that his opponent is just a basic guy...and then allmost tap, then tap...and then tap out again...

Kay1KVX.gif

I saw it as well, good thing he didn't win.

IMO he was going to tap and miraculously he escaped
If he had tapped, I think it would have been more repeatedly because he wasn't out

dont watch the show, so did he actually end up tapping twice?

if not, then its fine

yes he tapped to another sub later and officially lost then

ok so now the double tapper, 1 episode later, is saying he outstruck him. he is arguing with both guys and bullshit is flying... yet nobody mentioned to him he tapped out twice in the fight...

Eh, Schnell won that fight in its entirety. Go check out his twitter. It's pretty funny. I doubt he cares whether the tap came in round 1 or 2.

It sure looked like a tap to me when I was watching the show and still does in the gif above. Either way Schnell still got the win later, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Best part of that episode was when Rizzo said something to the effect of: if he gives me his back and his neck is up, I´m choking the shit out of his ass!

Haha :D

Saw it during the fight then confirmed again during the replay...

Funny that one of the double tappers teammate actually picked Schnell, said the double tapper calls himself a black belt but suck at bjj

Back