TUF opens with only 726,000 viewers

I like how TS failed to mention that the Fight Night prior did 200,000 less viewers.

Although it certainly didn't help, it is irrelevant. They've been promoting this TUF for a while, and the Fight Night did not run over.

I didn't watch the last TUF and this new format of a coed house does nothing to draw me back in. I'm not discouraging anyone from watching, but I think many mma fans find this entire format ( along with the level of talent) to be stale and not very good.

Do they even grammar? Yahoo sports, how did you even get so lost as to end up on that site.

the average age of tuf viewer = 16

I'm not going to watch it but one show's ratings does demonstrate a trend. The ratings could pick up, and then Ronda will have her own channel. I'll watch if cyborg shows up in the driveway ready to fight for free on the spot.

Ouch... those Fight Master numbers. Albeit high Fight Master numbers, but still not very good considering.

I bet the move to FS1 really hurt them. FX was a good spot, but to be honest, they would still probably be taking in better numbers if they were on SPIKE.

Nothing against WMMA.

When Ronda was named the coach it turned me off from watching it.

This is the first TUF I will skip since season 1. I've literally watched every single season since show's induction, even s15 wasn't able to deter me with it's endless streak of decisions.

After watching the first fight yesterday for a few minutes I went back to watching my freshly painted room get dry. Way more exciting.

TUF needs more of Tate's ass

I'm not going to go through this thread, because I'm sure it's full of stupid comments. "Le UFC is dying, TUF has gone to trash and they should stop making new seasons." Meanwhile, these are probably the people hyping and defending Bellator's Fight Master, let alone Bellator in general or any other organization than the UFC.

In TUF's 18th season, with weaning interest, especially because of the wmma aspect (don't even try and tell me some people aren't going to watch this season and didn't watch this episode for that reason, let alone try and say they've gained viewers) this episode did better numbers than any episode of the first season of Bellator's Fight Master.

I don't have FS1. Will have to watch it online later. Maybe.

Ronda looks huge. I heard the camera adds 10lbs...

I'm not going to go through this thread, because I'm sure it's full of stupid comments. "Le UFC is dying, TUF has gone to trash and they should stop making new seasons." Meanwhile, these are probably the people hyping and defending Bellator's Fight Master, let alone Bellator in general or any other organization than the UFC.

In TUF's 18th season, with weaning interest, especially because of the wmma aspect (don't even try and tell me some people aren't going to watch this season and didn't watch this episode for that reason, let alone try and say they've gained viewers) this episode did better numbers than any episode of the first season of Bellator's Fight Master.

Yep.

I liked it.

well, better than fight master...not by much.

in other words...bomb bomb bomb..bomb barbara ann...bomb bomb bomb bomb barbara ann

images

Dana White said:
... We were #1 on all of cable with M18-34 and M18-49. We also beat out the US Open and the Detroit vs. Red Sox MLB game. This is all part of the building process. We've made a commitment to work with FOX to build this network. If you look at all the other networks we've ever been on, we consistently pull strong ratings.
***** The first time we put our prelims on FX, we pulled 880K viewers and it grew, depending on the fight, up to 1.9 million viewers for UFC 156. Also, the TUF season with Carwin and Big Country averged 822K viewers, then Jones vs. Sonnen averaged 1.3 million viewers.
**** We currently hold the top*4 most watched telecasts on FS1 since the network launched.*To be honest, our Prelim and Fight Night numbers weren't bad considering we started on the west coast at 2pm in the afternoon on a Wednesday. The most important thing is*last nights fights were awesome and this season of TUF*is great.
*** Yes, we didn't pull 1 million+ but we will. But, we also fucked up last night by not starting the main event later so that we could get a live lead into TUF. The bottom line is FOX couldn't be happier with the UFC and the*ratings we're pulling and we couldn't be*happier with the way we have been treated by the network.
** Yes fuckers my secretary typed this not me. :)**
This was Dana's response to people calling the ratings disastrous.

Everyone was too busy watching It's Always Sunny Season 9 premiere.

Unless you have FiOS and they screw you over by requiring the Sports package to get FXX because it was previously the fox soccer channel. It makes no sense. All other carriers have it on the most basic package.

Honestly can't believe TUF still airs, they should have ended this after the first 6-7 seasons.

I'm sure this has little to do with Ronda. Probably it being on a new network that isn't heavily watched. Getting 700K views on FS1 is a ton for them, but bad for the UFC. Unfortunately they're going through the growing pains that FS1 is going through.

Back