TUF is tough to watch

Cafecito Negro

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Like what a did there

Anyways, besides the actual fight that takes place at the end, show is pretty much dragging ass till that point.

Lots of pushing, shoving, talking shit, just seems like a version of the Kardashians with a guaranteed fight at the end.

Would this show be better if they did it tournament style like early UFC days?

Plus maybe an added bonus of possibly making them live events. End of the season the winners of each tournament have a final tournament.

You could even keep it 2 rounds as it is currently so the fighters don't necessarily have to get too beat up, (but with MMA that's a tough guarantee).

There's just sooo many fighters out there and too many small organizations be nice to see them all compete something like that.

But then again I'm just a dude watching this, what do I really know about making entertainment tv. This was just my feelings on it and just had a thought.

Do you not remember when they did it live?

The show would be better if they cancelled it.

^ has it gotten THAT bad? I don't care too much for the personal beef between Cody & TJ, if they're gonna bitch at each other every episode that'll get old fast

I find myself more interested in the whole redemption bit, in bringing on past competitors from previous seasons of TUF.

Fuck, at least do the challenges they did in the first seasons, instead of 40+ minutes of alphas getting drunk and crying before we're treated to an actual fight.

^ has it gotten THAT bad? I don't care too much for the personal beef between Cody & TJ, if they're gonna bitch at each other every episode that'll get old fast

I find myself more interested in the whole redemption bit, in bringing on past competitors from previous seasons of TUF.

To be fair, it's only the second episode in and I seriously haven't watched tuf since season 3. But, mohawk banditó pretty much broke it down unfortunately.

I just put it on while I do work, listening to it in the background. Then I pay attention to the fights and the odd interesting part.

No way would I watch it with full concentration.

past seasons have had there fair share of drunk guys being stupid in the house.... i am just fine with the coaches talking shit along with a story behind the "beef"

I've watched both episodes and the fights are really the only thing worth watching. I'm already pretty sick of Cody trying to instigate shit every time TJ is near him. That shit got old REAL fast.
"Stop trying to be the victim"......how about you just stfu for a little bit.

I've watched both episodes and the fights are really the only thing worth watching. I'm already pretty sick of Cody trying to instigate shit every time TJ is near him. That shit got old REAL fast.
"Stop trying to be the victim"......how about you just stfu for a little bit.

That's pretty much where I'm at as well. But according to some fighters in the UFC Cody is just a straight up hot head too. But this "you left the team" shit is old. In the end, it's still an individual sport if the end goal is to get the belt.

Shit if Faber didn't retire he would be competing against Cody and TJ if he was still at alpha male....

I like it because they brought in let me bang bro. I want to watch just to see him. What makes it better is that cody seems like a sherdogger saying let me bang bro and making snake jokes. Snatched him up like an eagle lol that eagle claw attack was actually cool.

Better then the Kardashians or the copy cat crime shows on

I'm loving this season and the drama is part of what makes TUF great. If you just want to watch pure fights go and watch Ultimate Fight Night undercards.

It's nice learning about the fighters so I care who wins.

The reality format is what saved the UFC back in the day, it works by giving the fights a story and the fighters a personality to either get behind or hate. There's plenty of straight up fights taking place between unknown fighters in less popular promotions every day if that's all you're interested in.

It's nice learning about the fighters so I care who wins.

The reality format is what saved the UFC back in the day, it works by giving the fights a story and the fighters a personality to either get behind or hate. There's plenty of straight up fights taking place between unknown fighters in less popular promotions every day if that's all you're interested in.
I definitely agree with you on learning the back stories of the fighters. There's no argument there, but this formula of mad alcohol being supplied and the drama that is being created seems to be more of an emphasis rather than the fighters stories and the brutal training and life style they live.

I guess in short what I'm saying is it be nice for the UFC to use this show and evolve it into something other than using the same formula. I'm not sure but I do believe this season has the lowest ratings thus far. I don't necessarily know exactly what needs to he done because I do want to watch but the drama and the shit talking and bickering is almost used to support about 75% of the show and a quick view of the back story and then the 2 round fight at the end

I love watching fights and a bit of back story helps me choose who I think "deserves" the fight more but this nonsense with Cody constantly giving T.J. abuse is getting old already and it's only episode 2. Even Urijah has jumped on the bandwagon. I love Cody and T.J. as fighters but Cody needs to stop acting like a girl and man the f**k up.

How about TUF with live feeds 24/7 like BB? If TUF is gonna jump the shark might as well jump all different types of sharks

Enjoying this season more than most personally. Everyone cries about TUF but it's better than nothing especially in these long UFC event breaks. The way all these MMA journalists and fans complain about it it won't last much longer, but for the rest of us it's a good fix when you're pheening for a fight mid week.

I wish they added non mma competitions to get control of what team picks the fight

Back