TUF is so irrelevant

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
that every single division in the UFC, other than heavyweight, has at least one fighter from TUF in the top 10. At heavyweight, you have to go to rank #11, for roy nelson. here's the full current list:

Flyweight: Dodson (rank #2, season 14 champion )

Bantamweight: Dillashaw (champion, season 14 runner-up), Bryan Caraway (rank #7 season 14 semifinalist at 145)

Featherweight: Bermudez (rank #8, season 14 runner-up)

Lightweight: Ferguson (rank #5, season 13 champion), Johnson (rank #6, season 12 runner-up), Iaquinta (rank #10, season 15 runner-up)

Welterweight: Brown (rank #6, season 7 quarterfinalist), Magny (rank #9, season 16 semifinalist)

Middleweight: Bisping (rank #7, season 3 winner), Whittaker (rank #8, TUF Smashes winner)

Light heavyweight: Bader (rank #4, season 8 winner), Evans (rank #7, season 2 winner)

WBW: Pena (rank #5, season 18 winner)

SW: Everyone in the top 10 is from TUF other than Moroz, Vanzant, Gadelha, and JJ.

Still not sure how people can call themselves MMA fans and not watch this show that routinely puts out contenders.

I wish I could watch tuf more. I don't have cable or internet at home.

Eh. Im finally bored with it. We couldve watched these contentestants fight on cards instead of shows.

Last one i watched may had been wandy n chael.

Eh. Im finally bored with it. We couldve watched these contentestants fight on cards instead of shows.

Last one i watched may had been wandy n chael.
fight on cards so sherdog can complain that the ufc waters down events?

fight on cards so sherdog can that the ufc waters down events?
They say it whether the fighters spend 10 weeks on the air or not. Nobodies become somebodies from fights. I just now watched an Ortega Fight and look forward to him. Was he on a show?

Very irrelevant. The TUF finale card barely had anything to do with the TUF season. Conor was thrown in to get eyeballs, even though there was no shot he was ever going to fight Faber. Which defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

The two guys who fought in the finale were eliminated guys who were brought back FFS.

Very irrelevant. The TUF finale card barely had anything to do with the TUF season. Conor was thrown in to get eyeballs, even though there was no shot he was ever going to fight Faber. Which defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

The two guys who fought in the finale were eliminated guys who were brought back FFS.
I'm not sure what your point is? Many tuf seasons did not have any expectation that the coaches would fight at the end. (ie: tuf 2, 4, mexico 2, china). This was far from unique to TUF 22.

Other seasons have featured guys in the finals who have lost and have been brought back. TUF 11 featured two guys in the finals who had already lost on the show and were brought back. Tuf brazil 2 winner Leo Santos lost and was brought back. CB Dolloway was a finalist on TUF 8 despite losing earlier on.

Your problem is in thinking this is a problem unique to TUF. It isn't. It's a tournament problem.

I mean fuck, look at the 2002 K1 Grand Prix. Ernesto Hoost managed to lose to Bob Sapp TWICE and was still crowned K1 GP champion!

Look at the 2006 Pride MW GP. Kazuo Misaki won after losing to Paulo Filho.

Look at the Dream 2009 LW GP. Joachim Hansen won after losing to Eddie Alvarez.

TUF has had 31 seasons now. Shit happens. Not every tournament is going to be perfect.

that every single division in the UFC, other than heavyweight, has at least one fighter from TUF in the top 10. At heavyweight, you have to go to rank #11, for roy nelson. here's the full current list:

Flyweight: Dodson (rank #2, season 14 champion )

Bantamweight: Dillashaw (champion, season 14 runner-up), Bryan Caraway (rank #7 season 14 semifinalist at 145)

Featherweight: Bermudez (rank #8, season 14 runner-up)

Lightweight: Ferguson (rank #5, season 13 champion), Johnson (rank #6, season 12 runner-up), Iaquinta (rank #10, season 15 runner-up)

Welterweight: Brown (rank #6, season 7 quarterfinalist), Magny (rank #9, season 16 semifinalist)

Middleweight: Bisping (rank #7, season 3 winner), Whittaker (rank #8, TUF Smashes winner)

Light heavyweight: Bader (rank #4, season 8 winner), Evans (rank #7, season 2 winner)

WBW: Pena (rank #5, season 18 winner)

SW: Everyone in the top 10 is from TUF other than Moroz, Vanzant, Gadelha, and JJ.

Still not sure how people can call themselves MMA fans and not watch this show that routinely puts out contenders.

What is with the title of this thread? You say it is irrelevant and then demonstrate why it is good? I agree TUF is a great show and I enjoy it, but your click bait title is obnoxious.

What is with the title of this thread? You say it is irrelevant and then demonstrate why it is good? I agree TUF is a great show and I enjoy it, but your click bait title is obnoxious.
The ends justify the means... on internet forum posting.

look man, people just denigrate tuf to no end on these forums. the thread title was meant to draw in those people who seek to confirm their biases, and show them the error of their ways.

Whose to say they aren't hurting prospects throwing them through "the toughest competition in all of sports "

Maybe more of these tufers would have had success without tuf

Look at Paige and Frankie, top 10 couldn't make it to the tuf house

I don't watch TUF anymore and haven't seen an episode in years, so I was a little suprised to learn that some fighters were TUF alumni.

Still, I'm not going to start watching again. I'll watch the fight clips from TUF of these ranked guys if they come my way, but being an MMA fan doesn't mean I have to watch 40 minutes a week of drunks breaking styrofoam doors and mad dogging each other.

I don't watch TUF anymore and haven't seen an episode in years, so I was a little suprised to learn that some fighters were TUF alumni.

Still, I'm not going to start watching again. I'll watch the fight clips from TUF of these ranked guys if they come my way, but being an MMA fan doesn't mean I have to watch 40 minutes a week of drunks breaking styrofoam doors and mad dogging each other.
fast forward button is your friend there, i mostly skip the bullshit.
there are fewer classy prospects coming out of there though
Whose to say they aren't hurting prospects throwing them through "the toughest competition in all of sports "

Maybe more of these tufers would have had success without tuf

Look at Paige and Frankie, top 10 couldn't make it to the tuf house
laughing-bonobo-360x240.jpg

Last edited:
I watch them all, but I have to admit that the "reality TV" portion of the show gets super boring most of the time. I enjoy watching how and what techniques they train, and then the fights. DVR is a wonderful thing.

I still watch. TUF 19 was vile but despite being limited and pretty boring, Corey Anderson isn't doing badly at all. He strikes me as a guy who could eventually be top 5-10 if he works on his striking/defence.

I don't watch them, but Tuf is like any other group of new or up and coming fighters. Some will make it, some won't. I'd watch them if I watched more TV, but its just something I rarely sit down to do.

The only difference is some of the fighters come in with a higher profile than others that make it without tuf.

Otherwise, its just another venue to see new fighters trying to make it.....ignore the show, but watch the fights if the format bothers anyone.

The drama is pretty irrelevant and cringeworhty to me, can't stand it. That's why I just watch the fights when it re airs at some time. I don't care if I lose some tough.

I watch the show, but I DVR it and fast forward to the fights. Don't really give a shit about the reality house BS.

Back