TUF 28 Heavy Hitters: Team Whittaker vs Team Gastelum

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
QeqfVEs.jpg

GoD79Ek.jpg

Who tf is Anderson Da Silva? I can't find anything about him. Even the sherdog announcement page doesn't link to a profile for him.

Letson is no joke. She's at Pura Vida with Zak Ottow. Just got done with military obligations in May.

Impressive head kick KO of Liz Phillips in her last fight. I know nothing of these other girls but Letson will be one of the faves I gotta imagine.

Letson is no joke. She's at Pura Vida with Zak Ottow. Just got done with military obligations in May.

Impressive head kick KO of Liz Phillips in her last fight. I know nothing of these other girls but Letson will be one of the faves I gotta imagine.

great odds on that upset of phillips if i remember correctly. i know a few of us hit that.

This was probably the least hyped up I've seen fighters at the beginning of the season. Very bland to be honest.

Maurice Greene was actually my pick on the HW side to win it. Very easy first fight for him.

Big knockout win by Glory kickboxing veteran & former LFA HW title challenger Maurice Greene over Polish fighter Przemyslaw Mysiala in the first episode of the season. Huge knees from the much taller and bigger Greene stuns P.M. and a monster uppercut finishes him off in round 1. After the fight, Coach Gastelum, who retains fight pick with his team’s opening victory, picks Pannie Kianzad to fight Team Whittaker’s Katharina Lehner.

Former Cage Warriors champion and Invicta veteran Pannie Kianzad had every advantage over the less experienced and less well rounded German fighter Katharina Lehner and easily won a two round decision using striking plus takedowns & control. No cardio having Justin Frazier, who was gassed just in sparring tonight, appears to be in trouble for next week's bout against much taller and vastly superior top 10 Glory heavyweight kickboxer Anderson "Braddock" Silva though. Should be Team Whittaker's first win of the season.

Glory heavyweight kickboxer Anderson Silva towered over his opponent Justin Frazier from Arkansas, but just didn't have the takedown defense to stay off his back. Frazier used simple American wrestling to take him down almost immediately in round one and fairly quickly after getting struck a few times in round two and rained down punches and elbows in a vicious ground & pound that cut the Brazilian kickboxer better known as "Braddock" and won a easy two round decision to keep Team Gastelum's undefeated streak alive. In the next episode, Lithuanian martial artist Julija Stoliarenko faces Marciea Allen in the second female bout of the season.

Bareknuckle boxer Julija Stoliarenko from Lithuania did things the hard way by pulling guard and taking a lot of damage on bottom from her American opponent Marciea Allen early in round 1 in the second female bout of the season. She got the tap however using her superior submission skills by armbar. In episode 5 tonight American wrestle-boxer Josh Parisian, fresh from his DWTNCS experience, faces Cuban wrestler Michel Batista in the next heavyweight bout.

Michel Batista used his elite Olympic wrestling skills to violently take down and beat up creative striker Josh Parisian multiple times in both round 1 & 2 of this two round bout. Parisian was just never able to get anything going on the feet and the referee mercifully stepped in to wave it off in the middle of the second round. Batista, who holds two wins out of three matchups - one by forfeit- over Daniel Cormier in wrestling will be a handful against anyone without great takedown defense. 5' 11" Swedish featherweight is picked to meet Leah Letson in the next ladies bout.

Batista looked pretty impressive in there honestly.

American prospect Leah Letson ground out a UD over Swedish featherweight striker Bea Malecki in the sixth episode on October 3rd. Programming note in case you're a dinosaur with cable/satellite tv and a season pass for TUF: Heavy Hitters programmed into your DVR like me- the next couple of Wednesday evening episodes won't auto-record if you have 'New Episodes Only' selected because they were pushed back two weeks due to the MLB playoffs and their original air dates are listed as 10/10/18 & 10/17/18. At least that's how it is on DirecTV, so you may or may not have to manually set them to record going forward on your DVR.

Spanish wrestler Juan Espino from the Canary Islands used his size & grappling prowess to grind out an easy two round UD over Samoan striker from New Zealand now training in Melbourne, Australia Ben Sosoli. If he can keep up that kind of grind, Espino will be tough to beat unless he gets caught on the feet going forward. Will be interesting to see his wrestling vs Michel Batista's if they meet in the semi-finals or the final. The last quarter-final featherweight fight for the ladies next week is announced as Macy Chiasson vs Larissa Pacheco.

Featherweight Macy Chiasson defeated Larissa Pacheco by TKO in the last quarter-final match on the October 24th episode setting up the four semi-final fights. First American wrestler Justin Frazier knocked out Cuban wrestler Michel Batista who looked quite listless in this performance compared to his previous bout. Then, in the next episode, the more experienced and well rounded Pannie Kianzad defeated Lithuanian mixed martial artist Julija Stoliarenko by three round decision to advance to the final. In last week's episode Spanish wrestler Juan Espino stunned tall striker Maurice Green on the feet and wrapped up a club & sub finish on the ground to advance to the men's heavyweight final vs Justin Frazier. In this Wednesday's episode Leah Letson will face Macy Chiasson to determine who faces Pannie Kianzad in the women's featherweight final on Friday.

Back