TUF 28: Heavy Hitters - Ep. 2 - 10 p.m. ET

I almost think they should just do shorter seasons. If there's no drama and there boring people, just get straight to the fights with little docu profile bio vid thing.

I damn near forgot Whittaker was even the coach. They need to give him a bit more air time.

For the last few seasons I've jusy been catching it online after so I can skip the fluff. I doubt im missing much.

Bad strategy by blue team. Keep the T-rex arms on the outside. Perfect for getting blasted at range, solidifying that defensive mode which opens up the legs for quick shot.

I think that Macy and other number 1 pick are the true 145ers and I think Macy might win the season for the women.

Yea Kian took both rounds. 2nd was pretty much all her.

Pannie if from my city and I think the segment with her BF is my old gym.

Not watching the WMMA episodes, every one will go the distance IMO.

Braddock will hammer Frazier next week. Frazier's not looking good at all.

Not watching the WMMA episodes, every one will go the distance IMO.
The last season with WMMA episodes had 9 of 14 fights go to a finish. Nonetheless some Sherdoggers try to perpetuate the myth of WMMA fights rarely going to a finish.

The last season with WMMA episodes had 9 of 14 fights go to a finish. Nonetheless some Sherdoggers try to perpetuate the myth of WMMA fights rarely going to a finish.

Stop. It's not a "myth". Yes, lighter fighters with less muscle mass/bone density are less likely to land the kind of concussive blows necessary to produce a knockout finish.

You can be a fan of WMMA while admitting the patently obvious.

Stop. It's not a "myth". Yes, lighter fighters with less muscle mass/bone density are less likely to land the kind of concussive blows necessary to produce a knockout finish.

You can be a fan of WMMA while admitting the patently obvious.
But how can a genuine fan of MMA not realize that knockout finishes are not the only kind of finish? It IS a myth that WMMA fights rarely go to a finish, if one counts submissions as finishes. Some women actually have very high % finish rates for their win records.

Just a few examples off of the top of my head...
Namajunas... 76%
Ladd... 84%
Aldana... 77%
Suarez... 72%
Andrade... 69%
Pena... 76%

So YOU stop.

Last edited:
But how can a genuine fan of MMA not realize that knockout finishes are not the only kind of finish? It IS a myth that WMMA fights rarely go to a finish, if one counts submissions as finishes. Some women actually have very high % finish rates for their win records.

Examples...
Namajunas... 76%
Ladd... 84%
Aldana... 77%
Suarez... 72%

So YOU stop.

Since I have to spell it out for you,

Fewer KO finishes -> Fewer finishes overall, assuming the number of submission finishes is the same between men and women of the same weight classes.

Also, cherry-picking a few women and listing their finish percentages is irrelevant. If you were remotely honest, you would count up the number of finishes in women's fights in the UFC and compare it to finishes in men's fight in the UFC. (And even do so comparing the men's 125/135/145 divisions to the women's divisions of the same weight)

So YOU stop.

What are you, five years old?

Since I have to spell it out for you,

Fewer KO finishes -> Fewer finishes overall, assuming the number of submission finishes is the same between men and women of the same weight classes.

Also, cherry-picking a few women and listing their finish percentages is irrelevant. If you were remotely honest, you would count up the number of finishes in women's fights in the UFC and compare it to finishes in men's fight in the UFC. (And even do so comparing the men's 125/135/145 divisions to the women's divisions of the same weight)

What are you, five years old?

What I am... is a guy who knows WMMA pretty well.
What YOU are is a guy who didn’t consider that he was making bad assumptions.
For a study of the kind you asked for do a Sherdog forum search of the UFC forum, searching “finish by division” (not as a title) posted by member Kryptt.

I’m unable to copy and paste it at present.

Last edited:
Back