TUF 27 - Why haven't they done this before?

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
For the first time ever, the cast is comprised of 16 undefeated fighters – eight lightweights and eight featherweights – competing separately for UFC contracts.

My question is why? There are a bunch of different organizations right now and has been for a long time. If you really want the best talent it's not hard to find undefeated (or at least fighters with great records) fighter for the show. Why haven't they done this before? How were the fighters chose up until now?

For instance season 25 they brought a bunch alcoholics, disabled cans, veterans and other trashy dudes. What realistic chance do they have of making it? I watched the 1st episode and when I saw the, age 35 year old vs 35 year old, I stopped watching.

This years concept is what Ultimate Fighter IMHO is suppose to be. But I would like it to be even stricter; get the best young talent out there (not just american or UK), no guys over 29, minimum of 5 fights, undefeated.

Last edited:
A lot of talent from this season could have easily been signed to a UFC contract straight away, which is pretty much what has been happening in the past. If a fighter is undefeated with a record of around 7-0 or better there is a good chance that the UFC will come calling.

From impoverished selfie sticks, to a llama fucking man explaining what he first saw when revived, to not a soul in production wanting a piece of telling Stipe that he looks like a jackass with the backwards trucker, that first show was hideous. Cap it off with Karyn “island candles” Kobe screaming into your set immediately after it ended, and the only thing worth watching is the slow decay of DFW before he dies on camera next year.

A lot of talent from this season could have easily been signed to a UFC contract straight away, which is pretty much what has been happening in the past. If a fighter is undefeated with a record of around 7-0 or better there is a good chance that the UFC will come calling.

Yes but for instance season 25 they brought a bunch alcoholics, disabled, veterans and other trashy dudes. What realistic chance do they have of making it? I watched the 1st episode and when is was age 35 year old vs 35 year old, I stopped watching.

This years concept is what Ultimate Fighter IMHO is suppose to be. But I wold like it to be even stricter; get the best young talent out there (not just american or UK), no guys over 29, minimum of 5 fights, undefeated.

Yes but for instance season 25 they brought a bunch alcoholics, disabled, veterans and other trashy dudes. What realistic chance do they have of making it? I watched the 1st episode and when is was age 35 year old vs 35 year old, I stopped watching.

This years concept is what Ultimate Fighter IMHO is suppose to be. But I wold like it to be even stricter; get the best young talent out there (not just american or UK), no guys over 29, minimum of 5 fights, undefeated.

I agree, I guess they were going for name recognition and a new gimmick for TUF 25.

Because it's not as easy as you think to find 8 to 16 talented fighters in a specific weight class that you would actually want to sign. The first two seasons the UFC was already hurting for talent and used the show to fill up roster spots with guys they already had interest in, from there it's been an excuse to find cheap talent, while guys that knew they would likely get signed anyway didn't want to participate for fear that a loss on the show would hurt their chances of getting signed.

Most talented unsigned undefeated guys don't want to fight exhibition matches for free and a chance, there's a reason half these guys are homeless and uneducated. This season isn't great so far.

For the first time ever, the cast is comprised of 16 undefeated fighters – eight lightweights and eight featherweights – competing separately for UFC contracts.

My question is why? There are a bunch of different organizations right now and has been for a long time. If you really want the best talent it's not hard to find undefeated (or at least fighters with great records) fighter for the show. Why haven't they done this before? How were the fighters chose up until now?

For instance season 25 they brought a bunch alcoholics, disabled cans, veterans and other trashy dudes. What realistic chance do they have of making it? I watched the 1st episode and when I saw the, age 35 year old vs 35 year old, I stopped watching.

This years concept is what Ultimate Fighter IMHO is suppose to be. But I would like it to be even stricter; get the best young talent out there (not just american or UK), no guys over 29, minimum of 5 fights, undefeated.
Did you miss the men's flyweight season? That was the most skilled season they've done, definitely better than the current one. Too bad they only signed a few of the competitors.

I don't want to be a negative Nancy, but if you're coming from the minor leagues and you're 3-0....it really isn't that big a deal. And just checking the other thread, the majority of the contestants seem to range from 3-0 to 5-0.

I mean, John 'undefeated' Gunther couldn't have given his opponent an easier fight.

I liked the 125 lb champions season.

I don't want to be a negative Nancy, but if you're coming from the minor leagues and you're 3-0....it really isn't that big a deal. And just checking the other thread, the majority of the contestants seem to range from 3-0 to 5-0.

I mean, John 'undefeated' Gunther couldn't have given his opponent an easier fight.

Gunther came from Stipes gym, im sure thats how he got in. He was a bum.

undefeated has its own issues

watch tuf brazil, anyone undefeated going into tuf brazil is fighting the cans with aspira fc and guys with 10-2 records in jungle fight and mr.fight are usually legit

costa learned his lessons on tuf so he is technically undefeated because of it, but he lost on tuf as a undefeated fighter

Back