TUF 27 Contestants (So Far)

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
the first episode is gonna be 32 fighters fighting here are some of the Contestants that are gonna be in the show

https://twitter.com/mmawizzard

#1. Aziz Pahrudinov Lightweight 17-0-1 28 K-Dojo Warrior Tribe

DQ9woJyXkAA0Ehd.jpg

#2 Tyler Diamond Featherweight 9-0 26 Team Alpha Male

DQ9wqYXXcAIKGN8.jpg

#3. Tom Mearns Featherweight 5-0 Blood Sweat and Tears

DQ90JgLXkAAQszp.jpg

#4 Brad Katona Featherweight 6-0 25 Winnipeg Academy of Mixed Martial Arts

DQ90LI0WsAEwCqH.jpg

#5. Patrick Mix Featherweight 6-0 24 WNY MMA & Fitness

DQ92KPSWkAAy0RX.jpg

#6. Jason Soares Featherweight 10-0 28 Freestyle Fighting Academy

DQ92MQOWsAAExZO.jpg

#7. Donny Bush Featherweight 3-0 27 Ameican Top Team

DQ94YQHWAAMAj4p.jpg

#8. Bryce Mitchell Featherweight 9-0 22 Barata MMA

DQ94Z7gX0AAq3CI.jpg

#9. Justin Gonzales Featherweight 6-0 26 Top Notch MMA

DQ96foVW0AEexPS.jpg

#10. Yazan Hajeh Featherweight 6-0 25 Glory MMA & Fitness

DQ96hVfXcAE1iYr.jpg

#11. TeeJay Britton Featherweight 4-0 35

DQ982OAWsAECRze.jpg

#12. Dulani Perry Featherweight 4-0 31 Paradigm Training Center

DQ983rZWAAERbRz.jpg

#13. Kyler Phillips Featherweight 5-0 22 MMA Lab

DQ9-3i4W4AAPSrQ.jpg

#14. Askar Askar Featherweight 6-0 23 Kevin's Dojo

DQ9-5faXcAI5_zX.jpg

#15. Spike Carlyle Lightweight 3-0 24 International Self Defense

DQ-DDLOWkAAXxsM.jpg

#16. Richie Smullen Lightweight 3-0-1 26 Straight Blast Gym Ireland

DQ-DFKDX4AAIsR8.png

#17. Omar Hillail Featherweight 3-0 25 Gracie Barra Houston

DQ-GI23W0AIrhkB.jpg

#18. Mark De La Rosa Featherweight 9-0 23 Genesis BJJ

DQ-GKicX4AA3vqd.jpg

#19. Lance Lawrence Featherweight 4-0 24

DQ-KNGpX0AUWyC0.jpg

#20. Kevin Syler Featherweights 6-0 24 American Top Team

DQ-KOs-W0AA5Dxk.jpg

Last edited:
Some of these name though haha.
Askar Askar
TeeJay Britton

Genuinely looking forward to watching this season.

wtf why only 3 lightweights? so many guys will be going up? bizarre

if it's true that Colby and Tyrone will be the coachs, i'm out

this season looks good with the undefeated prospects
if woodley and colby are the judges theres no way i dont watch

EDIT

you can also add

Suman Mokhtarian 8-0
Shea O'Neill 3-0

So many undefeated fighters will remain "undefeated" as pros after this season, but they'll have exhibition losses.

it's probs gonna be a featherweight season mike de la rosa is 5'4ft and fights at 135lbs

<FookIsThatGuy>

If they made Platinum a coach I’d watch... can’t remember what the last season I watched was

So many undefeated fighters will remain "undefeated" as pros after this season, but they'll have exhibition losses.

I could be wrong, but I think Sherdog finally started counting losses in the house? I might be mistaken.

I could be wrong, but I think Sherdog finally started counting losses in the house? I might be mistaken.
it depends. most of those fights arent pro fights. even if theyre three rounds, they can still be exhibition. theres no reason to count them if theyre not pro fights, ya know

it depends. most of those fights arent pro fights. even if theyre three rounds, they can still be exhibition. theres no reason to count them if theyre not pro fights, ya know

Well, look at Jesse Taylor on Fight Finder... All his TUF 25 wins are in his pro record.

I have seen a lot of these guys fight,it looks ok so far.I think the undefeated thing is stupid but I can see how casuals will think they are all awesome cause they are undefeated.Most of these guys have decent amateur careers.

How the hell did those 3-0 guys get the contract?

Well they really limit themselves with undefeated fighters only.Also it's not like people will fly from all over the world on their own dime to Las Vegas just to try out.You get a ton of guys from semi close coming in.They would be better off scouting these guys,picking them and flying them in.

[<diva2]
How the hell did those 3-0 guys get the contract?
Seriously. I have a teammate that got invited to the tryouts named Jon Neal and he’s been one of the top prospects at fw so if this list is official, it’s gonna piss me off that he didn’t get in.

it's 32 fighters this list is only 20

Well, look at Jesse Taylor on Fight Finder... All his TUF 25 wins are in his pro record.
huh? no theyre not. they are listed separately under exhibition matches. occasionally sherdog will post fighters exhibition matches, which is fine.

although, i think the weirdest one was rashad evans, which i think at one point did include his tuf fights... at least i know ufc FOR SURE added those to his career record

Seriously. I have a teammate that got invited to the tryouts named Jon Neal and he’s been one of the top prospects at fw so if this list is official, it’s gonna piss me off that he didn’t get in.
There's still 12 guys that haven't been made public, so he could be one of them.

This season looks good, will watch as a lot of those guys were on my radar. Still, I wish that they would've gone with MW and LHW instead.

Back