TUF 26 Finale - Montano vs Modafferi - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a little on him...O'Malley just isn't UFC level and if Ware just shoves him hard in the chest he can probably knock him down and grind him out for the rest of each round.

Yeah. Making a small play on Ware just to fade O'Malley as a prospect. It'll be interesting to see what the dude looks like on his back, and Ware doesn't seem like a total scrub thusfar.

Looks like it'll be a small cage Friday, regretting some of my over bets

Is there a place to watch all of the TUF fights from this season?

Is there a place to watch all of the TUF fights from this season?
Not sure if this is against the rules, but MMA core had them posted (but in a kind of annoying format, in separate 8-10 minutes segments)

[QUOTE = "Gugabe, post: 136266995, członek: 528247"] Tak. Zrobić małą sztukę na Ware tylko po to, by zejść na O'Malleya jako kandydata. Ciekawie będzie zobaczyć, jak koleś wygląda na plecach, a Ware nie wygląda tak, jakby to było w ogóle. [/ CYOTE]

My opinion, you wrong thinking about this fight. O'malley dont have experience in UFC but have similar opponent in the past. Fight is not ease buy he must win.

Roxanne Modafferi fighting for a UFC belt is a joke, she couldn't even win the Invicta 125 belt. Just a terrible athlete and I don't think she represents high level MMA, she is a B league fighter that is fighting in the A league.

I do think Montano is going to win this, she's a way better athlete, very solid TDD, southpaw, strong in the clinch, great cardio, good kicking game. Roxanne struggles with girls who are too physical for her and thats what she's dealing with here.

Roxanne was training for Barb who is a wrestler, very different style to Montano. Roxanne was also training for a 3 round fight, not a 5 round fight.

Roxanne is a step down from Sijara, far less physical and a lesser grappler. I think Montano wins this fight anywhere it goes, her inexperience is a concern but if you combine her ammy and TUF records with her pro record, she's 12-2.

I am betting Montano, not going big but I'm confident she'll get this W.

Would be Dark days for MMA if Roxanne Modafferi is a UFC champion in 2017 but it's not happening. I'm sure the UFC are praying Montano wins this, she's way hotter and way more marketable than her opponent.

Last edited:
Roxanne Modafferi fighting for a UFC belt is a joke, she couldn't even win the Invicta 125 belt. Just a terrible athlete and I don't think she represents high level MMA, she is a B league fighter that is fighting in the A league.

I do think Montano is going to win this, she's a way better athlete, very solid TDD, southpaw, strong in the clinch, great cardio, good kicking game. Roxanne struggles with girls who are too physical for her and thats what she's dealing with here.

Roxanne was training for Barb who is a wrestler, very different style to Montano. Roxanne was also training for a 3 round fight, not a 5 round fight.

Roxanne is a step down from Sijara, far less physical and a lesser grappler. I think Montano wins this fight anywhere it goes, her inexperience is a concern but if you combine her ammy and TUF records with her pro record, she's 12-2.

I am betting Montano, not going big but I'm confident she'll get this W.

Would be Dark days for MMA if Roxanne Modafferi is a UFC champion in 2017 but it's not happening. I'm sure the UFC are praying Montano wins this, she's way hotter and way more marketable than her opponent.

My only counter (as someone pulling for Montano) is that Roxie has developed a killer instinct and has finished at a much greater rate in recent fights (TUF and before) and it's not just strength of the opposition, their one mutual opponent; Shana Dobson got stopped in one round by Roxie and went the distance with Nicco in the same year.
That was my one asterix to Nicco's otherwise great run, especially if she was facing Sijara. Maybe that was playing it safe to avoid injury or not overplay her hand through the show, but while I respect Lauren and Barb can be hard to finish, not stopping Montana (who has been stopped at strawweight multiple times) was a bit surprising on a show that featured a lot of stoppages. (She had 3 of the 5 total decisions in the tournament)

My only counter (as someone pulling for Montano) is that Roxie has developed a killer instinct and has finished at a much greater rate in recent fights (TUF and before) and it's not just strength of the opposition, their one mutual opponent; Shana Dobson got stopped in one round by Roxie and went the distance with Nicco in the same year.
That was my one asterix to Nicco's otherwise great run, especially if she was facing Sijara. Maybe that was playing it safe to avoid injury or not overplay her hand through the show, but while I respect Lauren and Barb can be hard to finish, not stopping Montana (who has been stopped at strawweight multiple times) was a bit surprising on a show that featured a lot of stoppages. (She had 3 of the 5 total decisions in the tournament)
I get what you saying but I'm not worried about MMA math and I'm not concerned about what happened a year ago. Montano is 28 years old, rapidly improving and she has high potential because of her athleticism.

Roxanne is 35 years old, been in the game since 2003, she has improved in recent years, her striking in particular but she'll never be a top WMMA fighter, she lacks the athleticism and she's old.

Montano showed a lot of great skills on the show, she's good everywhere the fight goes and I think she's a nightmare for people that wanna grapple her, her TDD looked so damn impressive.

After Montano beat Murphy and beat her easy, you could tell that she's someone to keep an eye on. And then dominating Stewart. Then beating Barb, stopping the TD's and winning the fight in all areas. She didn't even lose a round on TUF.

I think Roxanne struggles to take Montano down and I think she struggles as the fight goes down the stretch. Roxanne is going to get busted up on the feet and in the clinch.

Montano has great cardio, didn't see her gas at all on TUF, outworked all her opponents. Roxanne on the other hand has shown suspect cardio in the past and she has not been preparing for a 5 round fight.

Last edited:
10448773.jpg

10448770.jpg

10448766.jpg

10448763.jpg

10448817.jpg

10448757.jpg

10448754.jpg

10448751.jpg

10448744.jpg

10448732.jpg

10448729.jpg

I get what you saying but I'm not worried about MMA math and I'm not concerned about what happened a year ago. Montano is 28 years old, rapidly improving and she has high potential because of her athleticism.

Roxanne is 35 years old, been in the game since 2003, she has improved in recent years, her striking in particular but she'll never be a top WMMA fighter, she lacks the athleticism and she's old.

Montano showed a lot of great skills on the show, she's good everywhere the fight goes and I think she's a nightmare for people that wanna grapple her, her TDD looked so damn impressive.

After Montano beat Murphy and beat her easy, you could tell that she's someone to keep an eye on. And then dominating Stewart. Then beating Barb, stopping the TD's and winning the fight in all areas. She didn't even lose a round on TUF.

I think Roxanne struggles to take Montano down and I think she struggles as the fight goes down the stretch. Roxanne is going to get busted up on the feet and in the clinch.

Montano has great cardio, didn't see her gas at all on TUF, outworked all her opponents. Roxanne on the other hand has shown suspect cardio in the past and she has not been preparing for a 5 round fight.
Just saying I wouldnt be totally surprised if she got caught midway thru an otherwise dominant performance

I'd be surprised.

More worried about Roxy winning a trash decision.
How? Roxie by decision is the least likely outcome I can imagine, and goes counter to your last two paragraphs about struggling to get TDs, getting busted up on the feet and not having the cardio for a 5 round fight. Roxie capitalizing on a single mistake to get a sub seems much more plausible

How? Roxie by decision is the least likely outcome I can imagine, and goes counter to your last two paragraphs about struggling to get TDs, getting busted up on the feet and not having the cardio for a 5 round fight. Roxie capitalizing on a single mistake to get a sub seems much more plausible
I could see Roxanne maybe making the rounds close because she's a very active fighter and she pressures forward a lot, she has a high output even though her strikes are mostly non threatening. If you watch Roxanne's fight against Maia, you'd understand what I'm talking about, that shouldn't have been a split.

I'm confident Montano wins the rounds but a bogus decision is more worrying than a finish by Roxanne.

I could see Roxanne maybe making the rounds close because she's a very active fighter and she pressures forward a lot, she has a high output even though her strikes are mostly non threatening. If you watch the Roxanne's fight against Maia, you'd understand what I'm talking about, that shouldn't have been a split.

I'm confident Montano wins the rounds but a bogus decision is more worrying than a finish by Roxanne.

I did and disagree, but we'll see I suppose

Why is Whitmire almost a 2:1 favorite? Because she won her 1st fight on TUF (which literally showed us nothing), has a win over Emily Ducote and trains with Miesha Tate? She arguably had the easiest matchup on the show and then admitted to giving up in fights like she supposedly did against Roxy. She has probably improved a lot since then, but Whitemire also went 1-4 as an amateur and is only 2-1 as a pro. Robertson actually has an extensive amateur record going 9-2 and has a 3-2 professional record with one of the losses being a decision loss to Cynthia Calvillo. Although it was pretty one sided IIRC, Robertson showed some heart and grit during her fight against Honchak on TUF. She also trains out of ATT and her dream has been to be a UFC fighter since she was a teenager.

This is mostly wikicapped and based off TUF because there isn't that much tape out there, but I feel like this fight should be probably be 50/50.

Someone just dropped a nuke on Beck on BM. Dropped 50 points

I'm on both Robertson and Beck. Only two dogs that I liked so far from TUF.

I'm on both Robertson and Beck. Only two dogs that I liked so far from TUF.
I'm playing both of them and will probably sprinkle some on Karine if it keeps climbing. Beck and Robertson fights are pretty much 50/50 and I actually might favor the dogs in those ever so slightly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back