TUF 26 (A New World Champion): Weekly Updates - Daily Talk

Murphy said that she believed there was a weakness in Honchak's takedown defense and she knew of a technique that could exploit that weakness, and so she wanted to be able to train that technique with somebody without Honchak being informed what the gameplan was. That is normally exactly what fighters and their coaches do before a fight: analyze the opponent and work on exploiting weaknesses in the opponent. In previous TUFs where teammates have had to fight, there have been instances of those teammates getting different assistant coaches each dedicated to training and cornering a specific one of the teammates against the other. Usually the "star" coach stays neutral. I don't think that Murphy was in the wrong to inquire about whether she could have someone specifically working with her to defeat Honchak (with Honchak, of course, getting her own assistant coach dedicated specifically to helping her defeat Murphy).

Unless she just noticed it on TUF, seems like something to work on before she got there

I'm already a fan of Karine Gevorgyan

Karine-Gevorgyan-2.jpg
too bad she couldn't advance, once she got taken down it was all over.

After figuring out the bracket the earliest
that Lauren Murphy should run into Barb
Honchak is the semi-finals if both make
it that far.

Lauren Murphy on one hand is being smart
worrying about Barb Honchak but on the other
hand she still has at the least one more fight
before she gets to Barb.

That's true, but as Murphy is a former Invicta FC bantamweight champion, one can understand how she might be tempted to think that most of the flyweights on the show would be beneath her level. Of course, that could turn out to be a very perilous way for her to think.

Honestly the winner of this season is just going to end up losing their title to Agnieska Niedzwiedz ... that chick is a straight beast
I just googled her. Crazy that she is only 5'5. She could diet and cut to 105.

We are rolling or are the crickets chirping?

Welll....inn...

Ostovich looking fine like wine.

Does that TUF Talk promo mean she was the winner?

Stewart running Beck right down.

Montana Stewart

1478150634montanapic.jpg

--
The Highlight - Agreed.

Last edited:
So, Nicco Montano grew up on a Navajo reservation. Are there other Native Americans fighting in the UFC?

Back