TUF 26 (A New World Champion): Weekly Updates - Daily Talk | Page 5

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion' started by The Highlight, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Mark Zima Aspen Ladd avatar this time

Mark Zima
    I'd watch it!

julmma and leto1776 like this.
  2. julmma Yellow Belt

julmma

+1

Mark Zima likes this.
  3. 1PunchKO Senior Moderator

1PunchKO
    That was a great introduction for Deanna Bennett. After she won and was like "Lap dances for everyone!"

4. karatefoo they trained me wrong, as a joke!

karatefoo
    I doubt it. I am also wondering if Karine can also speak Russian since Armenia was part of USSR. In order to grow she needs to have a "USA home base" so when she visits she can learn more and bring that back with her. Armenia is one of the stronger judo and boxing nations but bjj isn't well developed in that region.

As far as feeder promotions, Invicta is good for the US market but it'd be difficult to bring in the Middle East, African, and Asian regions.

Mark Zima likes this.
  5. Kassitus Orange Belt

Kassitus
    Joanna looked undersized at 126 vs Valentina in muay thai. I dont doubt she would beat most 125ers but if Valentina dropped down she would own all.

6. msm1981 Orange Belt

msm1981
    Karine was in good shape until Deanna took
    her down and left her for dead on the ground
    with no where to go.As far as the translator
    went for Karine she was almost no help since
    she didn't know anything about MMA.

7. CaloLutadores Yellow Belt

CaloLutadores
    Karine was probably signed to this TUF only because of her looks.

You can't coach someone who doesn't understand your language and your translator doesn't even know what takedown is. And she showed nothing in this fight , I don't know what you guys enjoyed in her performance - beaten in striking and destroyed on the ground.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Rizz Orange Belt

Rizz
    She was probably the late replacement for Zoila Frausto who got a knee injury a week before taping started.

9. Kassitus Orange Belt

Kassitus
    Pretty cool episode. Hopefully Emily is healed enough to compete. Props to @Rox22 for giving the Armenian girl English lessons. Props to Gaethje for trying so hard to communicate to her. Deanna was crazy and awesome, I wonder if she delivered on all those lap dances she promised.

Mark Zima likes this.
  10. karatefoo they trained me wrong, as a joke!

karatefoo
    She seems willing to learn and if she is willing to come to America to follow her dreams then she will have better resources. Her home gym didn't have too much and it wasn't a big gym.

Roxy was in a similar situation until she moved back to USA. Training partners and resources make a huge difference in MMA.

Having her on the show only helps develop talent in that region of the world.

11. iThrillhouse Silver Belt

iThrillhouse
    Honestly the winner of this season is just going to end up losing their title to Agnieska Niedzwiedz ... that chick is a straight beast

Kazzy and Mark Zima like this.
  12. Thirdpres Brown Belt

Thirdpres
  13. LilMountain Section 20 Operative

LilMountain
    Ugh, stupid baseball messed up my TiVo, gotta wait to record another showing to see the second half

14. Mark Zima Aspen Ladd avatar this time

Mark Zima
    Next Wednesday...
    [​IMG]

The Highlight likes this.
  15. Seattlekid25 White Belt

Seattlekid25
    when barb honchak posted an instagram photo last week about her loving her team alvarez, interesting enough, lauren murphy was not in the photo and katlyn chookgian was. How interesting was that especially when murphy and chookagian fought last year and then murphy having a twitter beef earlier this year with chookagian about not going for the finish, etc.

so then the episode 2 airs showing lauren murphy worried about barb honchak being on her same side of the bracket and possibly meeting to be in the semi-final if both parties win their 2 fights. First of all i know it's not a great thing at all to look past your opponents but i looked at the records of ariel beck, nicco montano, melinda fabian, montana stewart, and rachel ostovich. What i mainly looked at are people these 5 fighters have beaten and their records and let me tell you i could not believe it. The combined amount of wins of all the fighters that they beat are like the equivalent of an nba team only able to win 10 games out of an 82 game season or the equivalent of the worst teams in baseball who have lost well over 100 games in a season.

I mean so what if you're lauren murphy and you end up having to fight barb honchak. I mean it's too late to worry about barb honchak on this stage, you should have trained as much as you could with mackenzie dern for as long as she's been at your mma lab and that's too bad if the friendship wasn't good enough for that to happen. That's too bad if your striking wasn't good enough for mackenzie dern to want to train with you on jiu jitsu because barb honchak i already know is going to eat you ALIVE especially after that grappling session i saw during the tryouts that she had with roxy.

I am very very sorry for lauren murphy who would be afraid to train with barb honchak because if i were her, i would not care that there's going to be the possibility of fighting her later on down the road because you ain't gonna beat her anyways, why not just focus on getting better so that you can stay in the ufc longer and get more fights? lauren murphy will never be a champion, the fact that she beat miriam nakamoto for the invicta belt back then was all a fluke because nakamoto got injured and prior to that knee injury she was winning the fight.

I am so so disappointed in lauren murphy, i tried to like her a lot as a fighter but i am really starting to see the telltale signs that really make me question her character.

The only girls on the show that might be able to compete with valentina shevchenko for the belt would be roxy and barb honchak so if i am any 125er i am hoping for sure that there's a new champion at ufc 215, making bullet stand at 135

16. Mark Zima Aspen Ladd avatar this time

Mark Zima
    Murphy said that she believed there was a weakness in Honchak's takedown defense and she knew of a technique that could exploit that weakness, and so she wanted to be able to train that technique with somebody without Honchak being informed what the gameplan was. That is normally exactly what fighters and their coaches do before a fight: analyze the opponent and work on exploiting weaknesses in the opponent. In previous TUFs where teammates have had to fight, there have been instances of those teammates getting different assistant coaches each dedicated to training and cornering a specific one of the teammates against the other. Usually the "star" coach stays neutral. I don't think that Murphy was in the wrong to inquire about whether she could have someone specifically working with her to defeat Honchak (with Honchak, of course, getting her own assistant coach dedicated specifically to helping her defeat Murphy).

17. MajorTB Orange Belt

MajorTB
    Joanna is about as big as the girls on the show I'd guess. Probably also similar in size to Maia, Neidzweidz, and Porto.

What concerns me for her at 125 are women like Carmouche, Schevchenko, and Pena.

I'd include Katlyn Chookagian but I'm not sure she'll be able to make 125 healthily forever at 5'9"
    I suspect Murphy overlooked Nicco Montano in preparing for Barb. That being said, it's not a terrible idea either, Barb is very well rounded so a game plan to beat her should in theory beat everyone most everyone else too.
    Agnieska needs 1-1.5 years before she challenges for a title I think. Her win vs Porto was impressive but it was something of a pump the brakes win too, a la Calvillo and Jojo.

leto1776 likes this.
  18. Muay Thai #1 Brown Belt

Muay Thai #1
    I'm already a fan of Karine Gevorgyan

[​IMG]

MajorTB likes this.
  19. msm1981 Orange Belt

msm1981
    Lauren Murphy on one hand is being smart
    worrying about Barb Honchak but on the other
    hand she still has at the least one more fight
    before she gets to Barb.