TUF 26 (A New World Champion): Weekly Updates - Daily Talk

Deanna made it clear during Invicta FC interviews that she was a character... and she's certainly not slowing down any of that for TUF!

So, you don't need to speak English on TUF..... If you are insanely hot.

I wonder if the Armenian translator knows anything about MMA. It's hard to translate fight terminology if you don't know fight terminology.

We might be getting a decision. Hard to tell.

Never mind. They went to commercial. We're getting a finish!

Never mind. They went to commercial. We're getting a finish!
Good call.

Well she can be a hair model. Or shave it off and sell it to a black woman for 3000 dollars before going back to Armenia. Wherever the hell that is.

The dark horse was a lame mule

Okay, I feel bad about that.

Justin is so inspiring. Greg Jackson's intellectual and spiritual equal.

Anybody understand what that repeated "look up at the lights" instruction to Deanna was about?

Good episode tonight.

Deanna gets a good finish. It is almost weird seeing a Bennett fight and not seeing her grind her opponent. I wonder if she trying to stay away from doing that too much; I can't recall her doing that much in her loss to Jodie Esquibel either. Not what Dana White likes to see on TUF even if Bennett has referred to her fighting style as "Hugging".

Gevorgyan fought well until she was taken down. Having seen some of her fights in the past online I've wondered how she'd do. Figures it wouldn't been that well but still good to see it. Tough seed in Bennett for her TUF fight.

(White has talked about a feed league. I wonder if Gevorgyan ends up there to see if she can develop.)

I've been watching some of Nicco Montana's fights again. Tough lady. Good ammy record and losses against pretty tough and larger opponents in Julia Avila (4-0) by UD in a 5rnd title fight and who recently signed with Invicta (She has good wins too*.) And Pam Sorenson (6-2) by SD who is fighting at featherweight now in Invicta.

* Marion Reneau way back in 2012. Good to see Avila come back to fight in 2016 after all those years went by.

Last edited:
Anybody understand what that repeated "look up at the lights" instruction to Deanna was about?
Yes. Alvarez wanted her to put her head up so she could prop it up against the cage so she could get leverage for ground and pound. Very good coaching.

Yes. Alvarez wanted her to put her head up so she could prop it up against the cage so she could get leverage for ground and pound. Very good coaching.

It just seemed to me to be hard to do proper ground-and-pound if one isn't looking down for openings to pound through.

It just seemed to me to be hard to do proper ground-and-pound if one isn't looking down for openings to pound through.
He wanted her to get her head up first, that's why he told her to look at the lights... from there he instructed her to put the top of her head against the cage to land punches.

I was just coming here to comment that, Eddie may be one the best coaches the Ultimate Fighter has seen in a while, looking forward to seeing the war him and Justin put on in the end of it.

I was just coming here to comment that, Eddie may be one the best coaches the Ultimate Fighter has seen in a while, looking forward to seeing the war him and Justin put on in the end of it.
I'm hoping that fight happens during the Finale on Dec. 1, not sure why UFC hasn't announced it yet on the card. Anyone have any theories???

Back