TUF 26 (A New World Champion): Weekly Updates - Daily Talk

Sijara' BJJ skills suit better for MMA, top control & GnP & RNC instead of hail Mary armbar attempts.
Doesn't work as well when she doesn't have a massive size/ weight advantage. Watch Sarj vs former flyweight Aspen Ladd in Invicta.

Bold plan by Sijara to get a "virtue" edge fighting Roxy. I thought that was Roxy's niche.

Good fight, Roxy never gave up and won 1st round imo, but was really close. I hope Nico gets it.

Eubanks :( But at least now I will have a more clear favourite for the title fight than I ever have had outside of Esparza's fights. Hopeully Nicco can deliver.

And Barb vs. Roxy should be fun, so that helps.

Amazing final. Eubanks did very well in her fight. Had really good hands.

Yes, very hard fought fight. Gotta hand it to them both went at it 100%. Eubanks was my favorite to win the whole thing ever since I saw her prelim fight. Roxy was the 1st not to get finished by her on TUF but I think she'll be able to finish Montano to win the title.

So apparently........

When fighters are shown as being ranked within a more specific region than worldwide, does that imply like sub-100 worldwide or anything?

Edit: Actual question for anyone who knows how that works

Last edited:
Sijara' BJJ skills suit better for MMA, top control & GnP & RNC instead of hail Mary armbar attempts.

Just as a matter of technique vs technique, I wonder if Hail Mary armbars would be an effective counter to Rose Namajunas's Our Fathers?

What? Eubanks had horrible hands. Roxy dominated her on the feet and Eubanks had to take the fight to the ground to win

me and @esum80 appear to be the only people actually watching..

big-hero-6-fist-bump-gif-1.gif

Sijara did enough to win. Roxy took her the distance & can be proud of her performance.

It's a cliche but a big factor in Friday's championship fight will be who can handle the pressure & impose their game plan. Of course without getting knocked the hell out.

{<doc}

Seemed very quality vs quantity to me, no domination.
Did we watch the same fight? Eubanks can hit hard, but that is about it. Roxy was landing way cleaner. Eubanks has a good chin (or Roxy just has no power) because she was getting caught on the chin several times. Plus, Roxy blocked most of Eubanks punches.

Wasnt close in the standup game at all

Did we watch the same fight? Eubanks can hit hard, but that is about it. Roxy was landing way cleaner. Eubanks has a good chin (or Roxy just has no power) because she was getting caught on the chin several times. Plus, Roxy blocked most of Eubanks punches.

Wasnt close in the standup game at all
I'll rewatch, I remember sarge hitting with plenty of good shots and yeah roxie never seemed to affect her with her shots, maybe that slanted my opinion of her success on the feet

Back