TUF 26 (A New World Champion): Weekly Updates - Daily Talk

Well we know for sure that they'll show the Roxy vs. Sarj fight this week. They both appear healthy now so that's good.

You said that she is a joke. She is no joke.

I'll be rooting for Sarj but I think it could go either way.

Roxy is good on the ground. For a long time that was pretty much all she had. ;)
Her stand up still doesn't look great but she is surprisingly accurate.

She doesn't look like a natural when it comes to stand up. Outside the house, she'll benefit from having her regular coaches preparing and cornering her.
Did you see the five-round split decision loss to Maia? Just because her movement looks weird, don't think she'll be a walkover for anyone.

Sarj has the tools to win but Roxy does too. It should be a good one.
There's no doubt it will be a good fight, I'm willing to bet it will end in a finish. Sarj's brutal punches vs. Roxy's elbows... I can't see how they can go 3 rounds!

Mackenzie Dern may have leaked something on MMA Hour a couple weeks ago...that may be why nobody is betting you.

Honestly, it's Sarj's fight to lose IMO. She has a more athletic, stronger version of Roxy's game (came from grappling, BJJ BB, picking up striking quickly).

BUT...I can't count Roxy out. She does have experience and fight IQ on her side vs Sarj. If that airhead Dern hadn't said anything I'd have a hard time picking this fight.
On paper it's quite an interesting fight actually. Sarj is significantly larger and more athletic, and although they're around the same age, Roxy has more mileage. It's probably the first time in a while where Roxy won't have an overall grappling advantage, but Roxy is probably the best grappler Sarj has faced in a sport where one can strike on the ground.

In the standup, Roxy is much quicker and although it's clunky, her striking is fairly accurate/effective. Sarj is very meat and potatoes standing, but she seems to hit hard.

I think the fight either plays out as a kickboxing match, or (most likely, in my opinion) becomes a fight for top & clinch control.

And some guy said tuf26 was boring ....... let's go Nicco

I want Roxy to win so bad
Sarge fan, reporting for duty.
And some guy said tuf26 was boring ....... let's go Nicco

My wife banned me from watching MMA around my kids, the three year old already loves doing "hiyah" too much, her technique is terrible though, she just charges in, chin up, winging arm punches

My wife banned me from watching MMA around my kids, the three year old already loves doing "hiyah" too much, her technique is terrible though, she just charges in, chin up, winging arm punches

Haha!

Should be a fun fight tonight.

Hope your wife can watch the kids.

Unless it is Roxanne Modafferi facing Nicco Montano
Friday night the best in the world as far as flyweights
go will be at Invicta FC 26 when Maia vs Niedzwiedz
takes place next Friday night do to the fact that both at
this point are ranked #1 & #3 in the world while Roxanne
is ranked #2 in the world and is fighting tonight.

Unless it is Roxanne Modafferi facing Nicco Montano
Friday night the best in the world as far as flyweights
go will be at Invicta FC 26 when Maia vs Niedzwiedz
takes place next Friday night do to the fact that both at
this point are ranked #1 & #3 in the world while Roxanne
is ranked #2 in the world and is fighting tonight.

On the other hand, if Eubanks beats #2 in the world Modaferri, who's to say that she couldn't beat #1 and #3 as well?

16 laps = 800 meters, you're lucky if you even finish that challenge... let alone win a race against somebody. Gaethje doesn't even swim and he still gutted it out. They said on TUF talk it took him half an hour to finish.
Damn, good on him for finishing it.
As soon as it looked like Eddie had an idea what he was doing, it was clear he was going to win.

An 800M race is no joke, but if it's against somebody who doesn't swim, it's an "easy" win.

Last edited:
thats hugely dissappointing if true... last thing I want is another female fighter winning just cause she's huge
I mean if BWs like Carmouche are gonna be cutting down, whoever wins will be facing huge people soon enough, might as well be while still on the show

I'm hoping Roxy wins because of her resume but I have a feeling Sarg is going to take it by brutality.

I wouldn't be too bothered if Sarj wins, especially after how she shut down Lauren, but I have to pull for Roxy.

I just hope there's nothing to the spoiler talk so far even though I'm guessing there is and that it'll be Nicco vs. Sarj in the finals. <DCrying>

Touch that kid with the jab. That'll teach her to tuck her chin.

they seem to be building up to a weight miss

If Eubanks wins i honestly dont think she can make 125 for the Finale.

Im still wishfully hoping Calderwood was pulled from her fight to be on standby :D

edit: ok she made weight comfortably

Last edited:
Back