TUF 26 (A New World Champion): Weekly Updates - Daily Talk

Hahahaha. How do the UFC plan to market this division actually? The #1 pick was Roxanne Modaffieri for fucks sake, and she just beat a 2-1 jobber...and the winner of the season gets a title?!

Hahahaha! Fucking joke, swerving this one yet again.
That's what you get with the women's divisions when it first debuts. The straw weight was the same way when it debuted. Eventually it will build up and get stronger and you'll get superstars like Joanna emerging.

That's what you get with the women's divisions when it first debuts. The straw weight was the same way when it debuted. Eventually it will build up and get stronger and you'll get superstars like Joanna emerging.

Yep. Chucklefucks on Sherdog said that about the lighter men's divisions opened up and now those same divisions are much more exciting than HW or LHW.

Ironic that Gaethje is talking about how important mental strength is, and is doing the interviews with Trevor Whitman, who coaches a major head case in Namajunas.
Just curious, since I haven't been paying attention to her. What has done/been doing, that makes her a head case?

She had basic present tense and some simple past tense grammar ability along with level one vocabulary, so she could basically communicate needs. She got better the longer she was in the house. (I tried to help her since I'm an English teacher)
Congrats on your win! You really seem like a genuinely nice person and for that, I really hope you go far. I'll be rooting for you all season!

Last edited:
Hahahaha. How do the UFC plan to market this division actually? The #1 pick was Roxanne Modaffieri for fucks sake, and she just beat a 2-1 jobber...and the winner of the season gets a title?!

With perhaps half a dozen of the girls in the house making it into a list of top 30 actual or potential flyweights I have to admit you have a good point.

Outside the house you have the non-English speakers, the current UFC girls lined up to move to fly, some good fighters in Bellator and LFA etc.

Whoever is crowned champ just won't have the kudos normally associated with a UFC belt holder. I guess they're thinking we'll crown a champ and in March she'll fight a legit top contender and then the winner will be recognized as the best.

I'll be watching though, sure to be some fun fights.

Modaferri was the #2 pick. She was arbitrarily chosen as #1 seed.

Modaferri was the #2 pick. She was arbitrarily chosen as #1 seed.

Not arbitrarily though, the UFC did the seeding to ensure that the stronger fighters (in their opinion) were kept apart during the first round and so on down to the final.

Not arbitrarily though, the UFC did the seeding to ensure that the stronger fighters (in their opinion) were kept apart during the first round and so on down to the final.
it's the 125 women's division. there are no strong fighters.

Dana "here we have some of the best flyweights in the world" (who arent already signed to bellator and other orgs cos we dragged our feet making this division and fucked around with 145 instead...)
barb, roxy, and 1 or two others aside

With perhaps half a dozen of the girls in the house making it into a list of top 30 actual or potential flyweights I have to admit you have a good point.

Outside the house you have the non-English speakers, the current UFC girls lined up to move to fly, some good fighters in Bellator and LFA etc.

Whoever is crowned champ just won't have the kudos normally associated with a UFC belt holder. I guess they're thinking we'll crown a champ and in March she'll fight a legit top contender and then the winner will be recognized as the best.

I'll be watching though, sure to be some fun fights.

Whoever wins the title is just keeping it warm for Joanna Jedrzejczyk. 125 is her natural weight class. I don't know if she'll relinquish the 115 title or defend both, but she has to be looking forward to fighting in a division where she doesn't have to kill herself to make weight. Either way, she would steamroll whoever wins TUF.

Dana "here we have some of the best flyweights in the world" (who arent already signed to bellator and other orgs cos we dragged our feet making this division and fucked around with 145 instead...)
barb, roxy, and 1 or two others aside

Barb, Roxy, Murphy and Bennett are all legit contenders. As far as 125ers in other orgs, the pickings are pretty slim. The only reason most of them are ranked in because most of the really talented 125ers moved to 115/135 years ago, and are already on the Zuffa/Invicta rosters. It's just a matter of time before many of them move back to their natural divisions. Jessica Eye was arguably the #1 125er in the world when she signed with the UFC and moved to 135. Miesha Tate is a natural 125er who managed to win a UFC title at 135. Joanna Jedrzejczyk was a 125er before becoming the dominant force at 115. There are a ton of fighters who are going to switch divisions to compete for a new title.

As far as Joanna Jedrzejczyk goes at 125
she should be more dangerous since she
won't be neutered power wise like she is
at 115.

As far as Joanna Jedrzejczyk goes at 125
she should be more dangerous since she
won't be neutered power wise like she is
at 115.

On the other hand, bigger women may have a better chance of getting her down and keeping her down.

Whoever wins the title is just keeping it warm for Joanna Jedrzejczyk. 125 is her natural weight class. I don't know if she'll relinquish the 115 title or defend both, but she has to be looking forward to fighting in a division where she doesn't have to kill herself to make weight. Either way, she would steamroll whoever wins TUF.

I don't think they'll let her defend both. They'll let her fight for 125 so that she can say that she held two belts at the same time. After a month or two she'll let the 115 belt go.

Assuming Rose doesn't shock her that it. ;)

On the other hand, bigger women may have a better chance of getting her down and keeping her down.
Yeah, I'm curious how Joanna's excellent TDD translates to 125 against the likes of Pena and other potential opponents with a significant size advantage on her.

Who's ready for some live reactions tonight?! Things should get interesting.... let's see what drama arises lol.

Wait.... The Royals and Tigers are playing right now on FS1... it's the start of the 8th inning. Are they gonna air TUF on FS2 or show it after the baseball game? LOL

Wait.... The Royals and Tigers are playing right now on FS1... it's the start of the 8th inning. Are they gonna air TUF on FS2 or show it after the baseball game? LOL
FS2 Everybody!!!

Wow, this is awesome. You guys are missing it... the girls are dancing!

Last edited:
Back