TUF 26 (A New World Champion): Weekly Updates - Daily Talk

Straight up size bullying going on there.

Watching TUF talk. Sijara is still delusional about the rankings. In what world would a 2-2 pro record justify a top 5 ranking in a field of 16? Unless everyone 6-16 was 1-2 or 2-3, it ain't gonna happen.

Another fun episode. I felt pretty certain that Sijara Eubanks would win this fight but at least Maia Stevenson made it into the second round and managed to get some striking in before getting crushed.

--
Doh. Barb finally gets her fight next week.

Watching TUF talk. Sijara is still delusional about the rankings. In what world would a 2-2 pro record justify a top 5 ranking in a field of 16? Unless everyone 6-16 was 1-2 or 2-3, it ain't gonna happen.
Honestly rankings can be misleading. Like they say, you're only as good as your last fight and she was dominant. She might have grown as a fighter significantly while being in the house and may be considered a favorite to win the title now.

Yeah. She used to train with Team Lloyd Irvin. Aside from bjj she did her early MMA career, ammy and pro, with them.

Here is some quotes from her from an interview.

Who were your first coaches, and what about their teaching styles stand out in your memory?
My first coaches were Lloyd Irvin, Donald Achnick, and Paul Greenhill. They all had very different coaching styles, which really helped with my development as a white belt. Lloyd Irvin brought a hard-nose, old-school type of approach that I liked (it made me tough and resilient), while Achnick and Greenhill were more technical with their approaches.

Which club do you go to now? What are some aspects of your current coach’s teaching approach that stand out?
I’m currently with Team Lloyd Irvin in Camp Springs, MD. The aspect that stands out the most is the hard work. We believe that hard work beats talent if talent refuses to work hard. So you don’t have to be naturally athletic in Jiu Jitsu. You can work hard, train, focus, and still get results.

http://blog.kidvisory.com/brazilian-jiu-jitsu-sijara-eubanks/

sijara-eubanks-04.jpg

Last edited:
Sijara could've been like number 7 or 8 at the max, her thinking top 5 is ludicrous. However she's definitely on paper (and in reality) better than Emily Whitmier, Melinda Fabian, and Maia Stevenson. I would guess she's just as good as Ostivich too, and she's far more accomplished than those 4 in other combat sports, yet their ranked higher

Honestly rankings can be misleading. Like they say, you're only as good as your last fight and she was dominant. She might have grown as a fighter significantly while being in the house and may be considered a favorite to win the title now.

I wouldn't call her a favorite just yet. She looked relatively similar to all her other fights, but her striking did look a little cleaner. She reminds of a Liz Carmouche or Claudia Gadelha, she fights best with a strength advantage, and loses when she doesn't have one. That does work in her favor at flyweight, cause she was a small bantamweight.

Good job to Sijara for getting her weight issues sorted
but what was she thinking by arriving at 150 lbs knowing
full well the weight limit was 125 lbs and she had to cut
her hair & weigh in the nude to make it.

She reminds of a Liz Carmouche or Claudia Gadelha, she fights best with a strength advantage, and loses when she doesn't have one. That does work in her favor at flyweight, cause she was a small bantamweight.

Carmouche, by the way, already cutting weight for the 125 lbs division.

Last edited:
Speaking of Liz Carmouche she has a fight at flyweight coming up.

Sijara seems pretty cool. You gotta wonder about the weight issue though.

Was just looking at the bracket and noticed that if favorites won on the top half it made teammates face off. It seems like they should have swapped the 8/9 match with the 7/10 match

DIhqid-XoAAAheK.jpg

Roxie faces her teammate Emily while Barb faces her teammate Melinda assuming all favorites win

It's also ironic considering the two upsets are forcing that to happen on the bottom half of the bracket anyway, I wonder if Deanna and Montana would agree to swap opponents for the sake of not already facing teammates. Sijara seemed scarier than Nicco, but it's hard to say for sure and then you might get lucky with a missed weight or bad cut

Last edited:
This season's been fairly personal drama free. Glad they seem more astute in that they all seem pretty respectful of one another rather than acting like psychos like some previous seasons. Like last season when Cody & his coaches were immature babies, or all the stupid 'beefs' between fighters on other seasons.

Surprised seeing Lauren Murphy taking the loss so hard especially after looking past her opponent. With her addiction problems in the past, one might think she's received some counseling on dealing with stress, being humble, not looking too far into the future. Eddie probably didn't say the exact right things but man oh man don't blame your coaches for your own attitude problems. Take responsibility for yourself. Oh well.

Women's flyweight is shaping up to be an amazing division. Especially considering all the fighters who aren't on the show & have expressed interest in coming up or down to fight in it.

Lauren thought she would breeze through this field on route to an automatic shot at Barb.

This was her shot at the belt. She won't be a top contender when the division fills out. The division is starting to look good. More interesting than bantamweight.

Lauren thought she would breeze through this field on route to an automatic shot at Barb.

This was her shot at the belt. She won't be a top contender when the division fills out. The division is starting to look good. More interesting than bantamweight.

Well-said.

Sijara is a lesbian so where did her daughter come from?

hAY2R.jpg

Back