TUF 26 (A New World Champion): Weekly Updates - Daily Talk

I knew she was gonna win, since it was the first one of the TUF 26 house that Tate started following on social media, my guess is that she win TUF 26...

On TUF talk after the show, she had more weight on her and didn't look as old. She looked lean as hell in her fight.

She dropped a lot of weight to fight. Looking past her opponent proved costly. Couldn't believe she told Eddie Alvarez to train her for Barb Honchak. That's often a kiss of death.

It was a case of hopefully Lauren learned from her
mistakes since it should make her a better fighter
as a result.Nicco Montano did a good job against a
fighter with more experience then her so good job
on her part.Good job on Lauren's part for making
weight with a small limit of 126 lbs and why did
Nicco need the towels since she looked in decent
shape to begin with.

It was a case of hopefully Lauren learned from her
mistakes since it should make her a better fighter
as a result.Nicco Montano did a good job against a
fighter with more experience then her so good job
on her part.Good job on Lauren's part for making
weight with a small limit of 126 lbs and why did
Nicco need the towels since she looked in decent
shape to begin with.

If I were going to fight three (possibly) times in six weeks, I would cut as little as possible each time. Even one pound can make a difference in recovery.

Based on what everyone except Lauren Murphy has
weighed in at (125.5-126) all of the fighters got the
memo about don't cut excess weight since there will
be no recovery time in the 6 weeks to recover from
a weight cut gone bad or cutting too much weight.

Eddie looks kind of sad everytime he appears. Calm as fuck but somehow sad.

just watched last nights.

takeaways

1) lauren came in at like 124lb.. wtf... hardly surprising she was struggling at bantamweight, and coming in that much under probably says to Dana "come on, give me a chance at flyweight, look how undersized i was"

2) but then she lost, which says to dana "i cant even win against a rookie at flyweight"

Think Murphy may get one more UFC Fight, but having put all her eggs in the TUF basket, anything less than a totally convincing win on the finale (assuming all 16 girls fight on the finale which they may well do) and I think she will be saying goodbye to the UFC

Anyone know why this babe (on the right) is not on TUF this season?????

maxresdefault.jpg

one word: Haggard

USADA

well two reasons

1) she didnt attend tryouts because she fought two days earlier (but then so did Roxy and a few others)

but

2) She has to spend 6 months in the testing pool before she can fight in the UFC (due to prior doping conviction) and she wouldnt have been ready in time to fight on teh finale in early December

(Shes not in the testing pool yet, so you wont be seeing her in the UFC anytime before March/April as it stands - whenever she joins the pool, 6 months starts then)

(oh, and even prior to her testing positive for a diuretic there were a lot of rumours flying around about her weight cut. I dont think she could make 125 in the house.. not repeatedly)

USADA

well two reasons

1) she didnt attend tryouts because she fought two days earlier (but then so did Roxy and a few others)

but

2) She has to spend 6 months in the testing pool before she can fight in the UFC (due to prior doping conviction) and she wouldnt have been ready in time to fight on teh finale in early December

(Shes not in the testing pool yet, so you wont be seeing her in the UFC anytime before March/April as it stands - whenever she joins the pool, 6 months starts then)

(oh, and even prior to her testing positive for a diuretic there were a lot of rumours flying around about her weight cut. I dont think she could make 125 in the house.. not repeatedly)

wow, thanks man. I did not know she got busted for diuretics. been watching her since she has been in invicta usually only partially clothed.

takeaways

1) lauren came in at like 124lb.. wtf... hardly surprising she was struggling at bantamweight, and coming in that much under probably says to Dana "come on, give me a chance at flyweight, look how undersized i was"

2) but then she lost, which says to dana "i cant even win against a rookie at flyweight"

Think Murphy may get one more UFC Fight, but having put all her eggs in the TUF basket, anything less than a totally convincing win on the finale (assuming all 16 girls fight on the finale which they may well do) and I think she will be saying goodbye to the UFC

Yeah, it's quite telling that she only has one more win than Miriam since their fight...

This season is giving me flashbacks to the Ronda-Tate season, except this season is going to crown a champion. The FLW season was much deeper than this. The last fight was almost unbearable to watch. It was just a brawl with two people unable to do any damage. I mean, these are two people who started training late in life and they are competing for a belt. Unless you are a gifted freak, I think this is indicative of shitty talent pool.

wow, thanks man. I did not know she got busted for diuretics. been watching her since she has been in invicta usually only partially clothed.
It didn't help that Invicta kept talking about her "year out" when she returned from the suspension without having the balls to even mention it was a drug suspension. I still rage thinking about that

Tuf trivia .... Nicco Montano's father was Angela Magana's first boxing coach ....

Also an interesting article by Raimondi on Nicco

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/...te-fathers-legacy-before-she-ever-realized-it

btw glad to hear Angela survived the hurricane and was seemingly interviwed on CNN today about the situation in La Perla

oh man, good article

this might be wrong to say, but when I just want to fight and destroy shit, I think it is the 1/32 in me and i fookin love it

It didn't help that Invicta kept talking about her "year out" when she returned from the suspension without having the balls to even mention it was a drug suspension. I still rage thinking about that

oh, I rage when I think about KGB . . . well, one bone rages, but it is quite the bone.

I think last night fight was best this far. Solid job by Nicco.

Tuf trivia .... Nicco Montano's father was Angela Magana's first boxing coach ....

Also an interesting article by Raimondi on Nicco

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/...te-fathers-legacy-before-she-ever-realized-it

btw glad to hear Angela survived the hurricane and was seemingly interviwed on CNN today about the situation in La Perla

Same. Praying for all in Puerto Rico & other areas affected by the hurricane. Lots of cleanup work to be done there & other parts following the devastation.

You know the business dude. She's a face. It's bums on seats and all that.

takeaways

Lauren looked very drawn from the moment she arrived. Did she even cut for that fight? To me she looks tall enough to be bantamweight. I think she's draining herself to be flyweight. She was spent. If it had gone to a third round I think she'd have got a beating.

Back