TUF 26 (A New World Champion) Finale

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion' started by The Highlight, Aug 2, 2017.

1. The Highlight White Belt

The Highlight
    Gaethje (18-0) vs. Alvarez (28-5)
    IMPORTANT UPDATE !!!! : This fight is targeted for UFC 218 in Detroit on Dec. 2

LIVE on FS1
    December 1st, 2017 at Park Theatre in Las Vegas, NV
    The main event will feature the two finalists who will compete for the inaugural women's flyweight championship.

This is the actual TUF Finale Fight Card:
    TUF Finalist vs. TUF Finalist: Women's Flyweight Championship (official) Main Event

Gerald Meerschaert 26 - 9 - 0 vs. Eric Spicely 10 - 2 - 0 (official)

Sean O'Malley 8 - 0 - 0 vs. Terrion Ware 17 - 6 - 0 (official)
    _
    Andrew Sanchez 9 -3 - 0 vs. Ryan Janes 9 - 3 - 0 (official)
    _
    Brett Johns 14 - 0 - 0 vs. Joe Soto 18 - 5 - 0 (official)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017 at 9:34 AM
    Ken Fresno likes this.
  2. Kinger85 Gold Belt

Kinger85
    still pissed they wasted any chance of Gaethje' momentum by putting him as a TUF coach. After his July performance against Johnson, UFC should have been trying to get him back in there as fast as possible. One of the late September/early October cards.

And come fight time, I will be picking Gaethje and Eddie Alvarez will drop to 1-6 in his UFC career.

The Highlight likes this.
  3. KojiW Purple Belt

KojiW
    I know how gifted Gaethje is. But he also eats a shitload of shots every fight. his chin and recovery are great. Its only a matter of time before he is KO'd tho. A guy like Conor would break his jaw into oblivion with the openings he leaves so Gaethje has pretty much zero chance of ever being LW champion unless Conor abdicates.

Ghostoftheville likes this.
  4. The Highlight White Belt

The Highlight
    I respectfully disagree. You are right about one thing though... Gaethje's chin and recovery are great, so he'll be able to stand in the pocket against Conor and trade punches with no problem. Does he eat a lot of shots?? Of course he does, but he delivers some real bombs as well. You're dead wrong saying he has zero chance at beating McGregor. I think he may be the only one in the lightweight division that's capable of KO'ing Conor actually. It won't be easy though! The only thing that concerns me however is the forward pressure that Gaethje continuously applies to his opponents and not sure that will be smart against a phenomenal counter striker like Conor? That's what makes me think Justin might opt to take it to the ground, and if that happens it's all over for McGregor. Remember how he tapped out to Diaz? It may be Conor's ONLY weakness is his ground game and it would be a huge advantage for Gaethje's given his NCAA Division 1 All-american wrestling background.

Make no mistake about it however, this would be one hell of a war and one for the history books!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    tehShuffle likes this.
  5. The Highlight White Belt

The Highlight
    I can see where you're coming from. Gaethje has all the momentum in the world right now after that amazing performance against Johnson. However that makes Gaethje one hot commodity for the UFC. Almost immediately after that fight the UFC felt he deserved recognition and a spotlight by booking him on this show. Since not everyone is familiar with Justin quite yet I feel like they wanted to put him on TUF 26 so everyone can understand who he is and his background. There's that, and also the fact that there's really know one else in the top 5 available to fight besides Alvarez.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  6. Enigma87 Brown Belt

Enigma87
    He would actually be 3-3-1 in his UFC career

tehShuffle likes this.
  7. Bloodworth Silver Belt

Bloodworth
    Well said. Its only a matter of time

8. JonJonesLines Orange Belt

JonJonesLines
    Bullshit. I want Gaethje vs Ferguson with winner getting McGregor. Khabib can't make weight, Alvarez got fucking starched and embarrassed by McGregor, force him to retire. Barboza could've just Alvarez

9. Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe

Lucifer Alpha
    Guy has a super exciting fighting style. How can we promote him? I got it! Let's put him on a show that does half the amount of viewers of a Fight Night and shelve him for the next six months!

[​IMG]

Ghostoftheville likes this.
  10. The Highlight White Belt

The Highlight
    That's what I wanted too! I knew Gaethje wouldn't get a shot at the title quite yet because Conor's off doing his own thing.... but I at least wanted a better opponent. I'm not saying Alvarez is bad but Gaethje deserves a title contender fight! We all know Khabib won't make weight and takes him too long to fight so that Ferguson vs. Khabib match is already in jeopardy.

11. The Highlight White Belt

The Highlight
    Alright, so I had a feeling the Tony vs. Khabib fight wasn't going to happen... and guess what I was right!! Ferguson vs. Lee for the interim title???????<{vega}> like WTF are you for real?? I'm sorry but that makes absolutely no sense. First of all I feel like you should have to AT LEAST beat somebody in the top 5 to get a title shot! The only significant fighter Lee has beat is CHIESA!!! And now this makes the Gaethje vs. Alvarez fight pretty meaningless because the winner most likely won't get a title shot because who the hell knows when Conor will return right? And both Khabib and Diaz want to fight Conor next.

Honestly I think the UFC will set up a McGregor vs. Diaz trilogy fight because that's the biggest $ fight. So that means the winner of Ferguson/Lee will fight the winner of Gaethje/Alvarez I guess?? The only other contender would be Barboza but he's still recovering from his injury but I heard rumors they'll match him up against Khabib just to keep Khabib active. But you see what the problem now is now... there are way too many worthy contenders that aren't getting their due by getting a chance at the title all because Conor is away.

Bubzeh likes this.
  12. Streeter Purple Belt

Streeter
    Can't see where Alvarez fights this. Gaethe has him everywhere. This ends in first rd ko.

13. Janderson Jilva Green Belt

Janderson Jilva
    Sean O'Malley has a lot of potential.

All he does on social media is smoke weed though kinda worries me.

14. Rox22 Orange Belt

Rox22
    I can't wait to see this fight. Both fighters are great and exciting. I think TUF is cool because it gives the coach a chance to be promoted more than just normal fight stuff. As a viewer, I always learn more about coaches and their personalities from watching TUF interviews and how they interact with everybody on the show.

15. SaigeVanZant Green Belt

SaigeVanZant
    Shouldn't the main be the title fight? I could see Eddie vs. Justin co headline 218 the next night.

16. The Highlight White Belt

The Highlight
    You could be right, still waiting to see how UFC does the scheduling that weekend.

17. Kanes Orange Belt

Kanes
    Conor abdigates? You're such a little joker aren't you? He'd sooner defend than abdigate(relinquish actually) and he's not doing that any time soon. He bitched and moaned like a schoolgirl when he was finally stripped of the featherweight title which he had no intentions of ever defending.

18. KojiW Purple Belt

KojiW
    Apparently you have a reading comprehension issue

19. Ramon Antonio Purple Belt

Ramon Antonio
    If he survives for two rounds Gaethje will knock Conor out. We all know Conor gasses hard and Gaethje will continue to pressure.

20. HelterSkelter White Belt

HelterSkelter
    The Gaethje vs Alvarez fight is going to be in Detroit on December 2nd for UFC 218 not in Las Vegas for Tuf 26 finale. PPV should be strong for this one.