1. Newly retired UFC Bantamweight & UK legend, Brad "One Punch" Pickett joins us LIVE, TODAY at 3:00 PM ET / 8:00 PM UK time. Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

TUF 25 to be Full of Previous TUF Competitors | Page 5

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion' started by Vulkkan, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Oblivian Aging

Oblivian
    Zak Cummings? Lol that is weird as fuck. 5-2 in the UFC with a sub of night bonus. Is it because he missed weight?

iThrillhouse likes this.
  2. The_Renaissance On, ahem, fleek

The_Renaissance
    I'll be giving this season a massive wide berth. No interest whatsoever in this garbage.

iThrillhouse likes this.
  3. CountOfSoCal Black Belt

CountOfSoCal
    Thats a craptastic cast for a multitude of reasons.

iThrillhouse likes this.
  4. iThrillhouse Silver Belt

iThrillhouse
    I get that this is basically a season for Krause/Cummings/Harris/Ricci to win

Still shocked that Mike ricci was convinced to go on TUf again after all the bitching he did post-tuf16

Same with these UFC vets with impressive records and are proven UFC calibre (krause, cummings, harris, nijem)

This seems like an incredibly risky career play if your someone like Nunez, Lhima, Eddie gordon, Ricci, basically all the prospects because not going anywhere TWICE against sub par competition isnt going to get you a call up anytime soon...

For journeymen like Ellis, Urbina, Joe Daddy, Jesse Taylor or even Junie this is totally a whatever situation. They were never gonna get a callup to the UfC so best case scenario they can get a hotstreak and gain fan interest

TUF flyweight champions didnt even get the call-up guarantee despite being easily the best roster of UfC ready fighters.

IIRC, TUF 14 15 and 17 were the last seasons to have every cast member from quarterfinals to get a finale fight... havent had seasons with depth like the last one in a LONG time...

this season to me might as well be called TUF: Last Chance because losing this season is a career killer

RayA likes this.
  5. BenjaminRandalC White Belt

BenjaminRandalC
    That has felony written all over it. I give those two about 15 minutes in a house together before Junie lets him bang. I would love to watch it.

ACDCSchaub likes this.
  6. 180bysummer Purple Belt

180bysummer
    I'm actually pumped for this. Yager, Lane and Junie are definitely getting into some drunk fights.

ACDCSchaub, JkMMA and cmw43 like this.
  7. The Invisible Blue Belt

The Invisible
    This is really the worst idea ever, so everyone who failed in the UFC, or even TUF, gets another shot. There are so many talented guys outside, I would rather see them battle for a spot.

And second, they should make it a LHW/HW tournament, the 155-170 classes are already stacked. No no need for 2 new top 10 contenders. We need new LHW/HW contenders. And we need them FAST.

The_Renaissance likes this.
  8. MikeyB White Belt

MikeyB
    JT $ is my dark horse. The TUF house is all about the wacky shit, and if this cast of pirates and legit contenders doesn't deliver nothing will. Good mix of job guys and legitimates. Junie and Julian new team dagger!

9. cmw43 Bad Boys Club

cmw43
    This is the best idea eva.

TUF is a reality show and they want ratings, so they're bringing back all the "personalities".

They tried going legit with the flyweights last season and ended up with a UFC washout winning. The talented guys already just go straight into the UFC like usual.

ACDCSchaub likes this.
  10. Pacemaker Joe Red Belt

Pacemaker Joe
    Great, Serra can finally get his HW title shot.

FrankWank and ACDCSchaub like this.
  11. Oblivian Aging

Oblivian
    I think this season will be entertaining. There are actually some interesting matchups to be made in there.

PurpleDrank and steve38 like this.
  12. Goatenstein Brown Belt

Goatenstein
    He just got destroyed a month ago. Do proper research before running your mouth.

13. CO68 Red Belt

CO68
    That's already been pointed out. Do proper research before running your mouth.

14. steve38 Brown Belt

steve38
    Damn....TUF just jumped the shark! The end is near...will watch.

15. Damon3388 Green Belt

Damon3388
    Need Junie and Julian Lane on the same team, with Chris Leben as coach/mentor.

16. orangecuse Gold Belt

orangecuse
    This seems kind of weird.When was the last season you saw? This doesn't make sense.

You realize this cast has tons of mediocre guys who lost in the seasons you (rightfully) skipped. Wouldn't it be cooler to watch them the first time before you know they are mediocre fighters not capable of winning a mediocre TUF? The winner and runner up of recent Tuf you skipped out on are on this after quickly flaming out of the UFC and getting KTFO by other tuf level fighters since.

What's more interesting about watching Krause or Cummings waste their time in exhibition bouts with Junie Browning and Jamie Yager? As opposed to two guys you don't know, who we are not sure if they belong in the UFC fighting in no pay exhibition bouts while UFC fighters on winning streak fihgt other UFC fighters on winning streak?

Joe Daddy was rightfully cut 6 years ago because he doesn't have it anymore. He's 2-6 in his last eight now fighting above his best weight class for this show.

Like is cool one time for you? Or if thy did they exact same thing again taking crappy guys from a show you hate and skipped because of those same crappy guys. But now put them on a new season repackage it to those easily marketed too with other mediocre losers form season you skipped and has beens? How long is that cool? Or i it certain fighter here you like?

I personally feel bad the proven good fighters are rising brain injury, have to go to this level while already on winning streaks in the UFC. Hopefully there a good reward for the winner. But what about the 2-3 others that should be getting ready for UFC fights?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  17. Oblivian Aging

Oblivian
    You know what I find strange? Years ago when the topic of TUF came up, so many people mentioned another "comeback" season like Season 4. This is very close to the same thing, so I don't see why people are getting all bent out of shape. Of course there are some guys on there that won't make it into the UFC, but every season of TUF has that.

ACDCSchaub likes this.
  18. Shoot Boxe Hero Black Belt

Shoot Boxe Hero
    A lot of these were just in/still in the UFC. I can understand the guys who were cut or never made it from TUF to UFC, but why fill it with guys who are still in the UFC? This makes no sense

19. orangecuse Gold Belt

orangecuse
    But the Harley!!!

Seriously what if one of these guys accidentally tears their knee in warehouse fighting Junie Browning for nothing? Or takes a Kevin Burns esque eye poke from a Bellator prelim level fighter in an exhibition bout on a reality show no one watches?

Didn't Norman Parke mention he was asked and refused to do this before he was cut?

20. PurpleDrank Brown Belt

PurpleDrank
    Ya but people hate tuf for no reason

SD90 likes this.