TUF 25: Redemption, Ep. 8 Discussion

What happens if Cody's last guy gets eliminated in the quarter final? The whole red team would just sit around to watch the blue team fight for a few episodes?

Watching him this season has been a joy. I'm biased as a grappler myself, but it's undeniable that for all his many flaws he has an elite bank control and RNC.

He's definitely a guy to root for. I remember betting against him both times against Kurt Southern lol. Southern would basically beat the shit out of him standing and then Tom would somehow get it to the ground and snag the back.

I think Tom's nightmare matchup in this tourney is Hayder honestly. Ramsey and Krause would be really tough too. He's got other grapplers that can't help but go for takedowns though such as Smith and Taylor. I also think he could get Lima being lazy and snag the back. I'll be pretty surprised if he wins, but I would not be shocked to see him in the finals at this point.

I highly enjoyed Nijim's Budweiser fueled, "He's shook! He's shook!"

Someone needs to buy a bunch of candy so Tom can get his back waxed. A goddamn forest there and on his arms.

Ramsey was hilarious. You could just see how mad Cody was getting. I was hoping he would try to run up on him

Gotta give Gallichio his dues, two finishes. Good lad. As for Stevenson, that guy really needs to retire. Feel bad watching him nowadays.

I can't believe how easy it is to get in Cody's head, lol. Like...I knew it was easy before but come on. It's another level of easy, haha.

Funny how he was blaming his "hair game" being messed up to.

Cody never let's an opportunity to look like a dick go to waste....

Tom is fuckin scary on the ground

also Cody broke playing tetherball as soon as TJ started doing well he folded and then drunk Ramsey shouting random insults that not even he understood finished him off

I never get these fighters who are smashing someone on the feet then to try and get a finish go for stupid stuff like guillotines against a black belt. Just back up and let them stand up

I never get these fighters who are smashing someone on the feet then to try and get a finish go for stupid stuff like guillotines against a black belt. Just back up and let them stand up
Edwards has 9 professional wins in MMA. Of those, 6 came from guillotine.

He's a pro fighter who believed in his technique. It was a gamble that did not pay off.

Im a fan of Cody but damn he is getting annoying.
Same for me and this episode particularly.

Seeing a grown man attribute loss to his hair not looking cool is thick AF, then he goes off on another coach-lite rant, disclosing he's putting his boOOOOYYYYyyyy through what's called "fight simulation" and will get whomever (Justin Edwards?) the W. I'm watching this VIP-only fight simulation and yeah, it's called sparring, bro, and it's as new as the pyramids, lol.

Honestly, Tom has a legit chance to make it to the finals if he gets the winner of Lima/Smith. I could see him having the fight on the ground against either and snagging the back.
Such a likeable bloke too. Wish nothing but the best for him and his girl. I think Jesse will be last man standing though in the end...

Necktat McGardbrandt isn't coming off any better this time around. God what an utter douche that guy is.

Last edited:
Edwards has 9 professional wins in MMA. Of those, 6 came from guillotine.

He's a pro fighter who believed in his technique. It was a gamble that did not pay off.
Yeah I hardly fault him for going for it. Most people would've tapped to it too. Tom's just a beast on the ground.

Back