TUF 25: Redemption, Ep.3 Discussion

Forgot Mehdi beat Artem Lobov to get on tuf originally. Artem is a bum.

Cody better put Hayder against hobo Joe to get at least one win. This could be a sweep.

It will be (winners):

Hassan vs Lima (Hassan)
Nijem vs Lane (Nijem)
Stevenson vs Edwards (Stevenson)

WC:

Nuñez vs Lane (Nuñez)

I love how they spoiled the fight at the beginning of the episode.

When Jesse had all those good positions in round 1 I knew he wouldn't finish.

Because I knew there was a knockdown in the fight that hadn't fucking happened yet.

Last edited:
Am I the only one here that saw Mehdi land a head kick on a grounded Taylor just before the knockdown. Ref warned Mehdi but didn't stop the action. Taylor was wobbly when he got hit with the left hook.

LOL @ Cody getting all wet afterwards about that weak chin of Taylor.

Good fight.

Jesse Taylor reminded me of Chael Sonnen in his strategy to fighting. Baghadi is a tough fighter and Taylor was able to handle him pretty easily. I was surprised. Taylor has a fire under his ass and I think is favourite to win it from what I have seen so far.

His stand up looks pretty good, from watching him hit the pads with Dillashaw and we haven't really seen much of his potential yet.

Cody has the weaker team for sure

He has kind of a crazy record...lol. 14 of his 15 losses have been by sub.

Seems like the only way to beat him, hah.
This is nuts.

He also beat the lauded Chris Comozzi.

I think the record is due to JT having kind of a limited fight IQ but has all sorts of physical talents

To be fair he should've sealed the rear naked choke mid way through round 1

I don't think he was really going for the finish. He was more trying to keep top position while staying busy to avoid a standup. The one time he committed to the choke was the one time Bagdad was able to get to top position and get up.

Back