TUF 25 Prediction Contest!

Gonna be a lot harder to remain perfect now. I'd imagine the undetermined prelim fight is Tom vs X since Tom made it to the semis. If Krause is out it would most likely be him, but if he is still good I'd imagine...Hayder maybe Ramsey?

Gaethje vs Johnson is such an insanely hard fight to pick though. I've been looking forward to Gaethje's eventual UFC debut before they ever even signed him and he is starting off with a really hard opponent. I'm gonna need some time to really think hard on that one.

Gonna be a lot harder to remain perfect now. I'd imagine the undetermined prelim fight is Tom vs X since Tom made it to the semis. If Krause is out it would most likely be him, but if he is still good I'd imagine...Hayder maybe Ramsey?

Gaethje vs Johnson is such an insanely hard fight to pick though. I've been looking forward to Gaethje's eventual UFC debut before they ever even signed him and he is starting off with a really hard opponent. I'm gonna need some time to really think hard on that one.
If it isn't Krause it's because he's been with the UFC which actually makes sense as to why it wouldn't be him but we'll see. If it isn't whoever fights Jesse next week then it HAS to be Ramsey.

My picks:

If JT vs Krause - Krause
If JT vs Red Team - JT (although I think Nunes could beat him)

I've got JT money next week for both matchups (Krause & Team Garbrandt.)

Bro you made a post about people having inside info, which for a contest like this would be the same as cheating. It was obvious you were talking about me since I'm the only one with perfect picks and when I responded you said yea you think I'm cheating. If not for 1 fight you'd have perfect picks and I'd be down one, would you like it if I then said I thought you were cheating?

It isn't even like the 1 fight I got different from you was some giant upset where I was the only person who picked the winner. Lima-Smith was a virtual toss up and it was shown not just in the fight but in the almost dead even picks on here.

Did you pick Tom to beat Gordon? If so, that has to be the dumbest pick in TUF history - the guy was two weight classes lighter and worse at pretty much everything, but opportunistically managed a RNC

Did you pick Tom to beat Gordon? If so, that has to be the dumbest pick in TUF history - the guy was two weight classes lighter and worse at pretty much everything, but opportunistically managed a RNC

Such a dumb pick that I got it right o_O

Have you seen all of Eddies TUF and UFC fights? The only fight where he genuinely looked good was the Lima fight, other than that he looked beyond mediocre. He won his season of TUF, but he was known as being an extremely boring fighter who just barely squeaked out decision wins by just wrestlefucking guys.

That said while Eddie's offensive wrestling is decent he has shown to be very susceptible to getting taken down himself. I figured if Cathal fucking Pendred could take Eddie down easily then Tom definitely had a chance to get him down at least once and when he did I knew that unlike Eddie he could easily finish the fight there.

It is possible you're thinking "he KO'd Lima quick as shit, he could do the same to Tom". Doubtful. Lima is the only fighter Eddie has ever finished in all his TUF and UFC fights. I like Lima, he is a good guy and decent fighter, but Lima's biggest weaknesses are his poor striking defense and a relatively weak chin. Lima did himself no favors in the fight against Eddie, he let himself be backed up against the cage immediately and when Eddie was throwing Lima was brawling and trying to trade blow for blow much like his brother Douglas often does in his fights. But unlike his brother, Lima lacks the power in his strikes and the chin to engage in that kind of firefight with most fighters. Tom may not be much better in the striking defense department, but he has plenty of toughness and can take a shot.

Last edited:
Such a dumb pick that I got it right o_O

Have you seen all of Eddies TUF and UFC fights? The only fight where he genuinely looked good was the Lima fight, other than that he looked beyond mediocre. He won his season of TUF, but he was known as being an extremely boring fighter who just barely squeaked out decision wins by just wrestlefucking guys.

That said while Eddie's offensive wrestling is decent he has shown to be very susceptible to getting taken down himself. I figured if Cathal fucking Pendred could take Eddie down easily then Tom definitely had a chance to get him down at least once and when he did I knew that unlike Eddie he could easily finish the fight there.

It is possible you're thinking "he KO'd Lima quick as shit, he could do the same to Tom". Doubtful. Lima is the only fighter Eddie has ever finished in all his TUF and UFC fights. I like Lima, he is a good guy and decent fighter, but Lima's biggest weaknesses are his poor striking defense and a relatively weak chin. Lima did himself no favors in the fight against Eddie, he let himself be backed up against the cage immediately and when Eddie was throwing Lima was brawling and trying to trade blow for blow much like his brother Douglas often does in his fights. But unlike his brother, Lima lacks the power in his strikes and the chin to engage in that kind of firefight with most fighters. Tom may not be much better in the striking defense department, but he has plenty of toughness and can take a shot.

Let's be honest - odds would've had it at like +400 for Tom, you got lucky

Let's be honest - odds would've had it at like +400 for Tom, you got lucky

Call it what you will. Was I 100% sure Tom would win? No, but you can never be completely sure of anything when it comes to MMA. But my reasoning held up.

Btw the dumbest pick in TUF history would be anyone who picked Kimbo (RIP) to beat Roy Nelson

Last edited:
Krause if he's in.
Jesse vs anybody else.

Call it what you will. Was I 100% sure Tom would win? No, but you can never be completely sure of anything when it comes to MMA. But my reasoning held up.

Btw the dumbest pick in TUF history would be anyone who picked Kimbo (RIP) to beat Roy Nelson

Lol did anyone make that pick though?

Lol did anyone make that pick though?

On sherdog? Yea I'm sure there were a few, I mean you saw all the people who legit thought CM Punk would defeat Mickey Gall. Amoung casuals, definitely. I'm sure there were tons of casuals thinking Kimbo would win the whole thing and never heard of Roy Nelson before

Is next week's fight 2(+1) or 3 rounds?

I'm picking Krause if he fights JT.

I'm picking JT if he fights in alternate bout against a replacement fighter on Cody's team.

same

if krause and jt money fight i pick krause to win
if jt money vs an alternate fight i pick jt money to win

Last edited:
Pick: The James Krause (by submission)
Alternate fight: Jesse Taylor

To help people make picks, Team Garbrandt is:

Baczynski
Baghdad
Gordon
Hassan
Lane
Edwards
Nunes

For now, I've got Taylor over Baghdad, Hassan and Lane. More later.

Last edited:
This is how we'll officially close out the season:

Next week for the semis, episode 12, we will be making picks for Jesse Taylor vs James Krause & Jesse Taylor vs everyone on Team Garbrandt(not all at the same time, dummy! :p ). The fight that ends up taking place will only be a single pointer. For the finale, the finals(Lima vs TBD) will be worth 3 points & the other fight between TUF 25ers will be worth 2 points(I assume this will be between the semis losers but that's just my guess). Along with that, we will pick the main event between Michael Johnson & Justin Gaethje which will also be worth 3 points. So if you predict each fight correct from here on out you'll close out with the addition of 9 points. LET'S GO, BOYZZZ :D

giphy.gif

Tom has been confirmed for the bout between non-finalists.

Back