TUF 25 Finale - Gaethje vs Johnson - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
imo fortuna/johnson comes down to fortuna's takedown defence. any intel?

Had a friend with a black belt watch a bunch of his grappling fights and she thought he looked like a top control guy with good single legs and decent athleticism but wasn't much impress other then that.

Not sure what that says about his wrestling thought, guessing it's one of those high variance match ups with a lot of unknowns.

Betsafe

Johnson +175
Gaethje -222

Betsafe

Johnson +175
Gaethje -222

Crazy odds, I expect Johnson to be a slight favourite when the American bookies get the lines out. No idea why Betsafe keeps trying to put their own lines out.

let's say, hypothetically, that Drakkar Klose actually has a realistic path to victory...what might that be? how does he win this? I don't see it.

let's say, hypothetically, that Drakkar Klose actually has a realistic path to victory...what might that be? how does he win this? I don't see it.

Wrestling his way to a decision win. Maybe. I haven't actually gone back to watch either guys fights yet.

Making it a dirty fight, wrestling is his path to victory IMO. Frankie Perez took Diakiese down in the second and busted him up, Sajewski won the first round via wrestling too.

Michael Johnson is a ufc product.. he fought all the killers when Gaethie fought outside the ufc. With current odds Johnson is a smart bet, what do You think?

His only hope is lay and pray IMO I remember when he fought Powell and I did a ton of tape study on Klose and he's very rough, to he point I was concerned betting him against Powell of all people

Any time this fights standing Marc's looking to end the fight, the Perez fight showed me he's not a quitter when things aren't going his way and I like that

All in on Marc

Well, he's boring, but I think he is just better and will win by boring decision.

Better in what aspect? Tavares is pretty technically sound everywhere. Tavares is definitely better standing, most likely better on the ground overall, and I don't think his wrestling is worse. His main area that he may struggle here is activity level. I don't think this will be a blowout by any means, but Tavares would have to fight a pretty poor fight to drop this one IMO.

Better in what aspect? Tavares is pretty technically sound everywhere. Tavares is definitely better standing, most likely better on the ground overall, and I don't think his wrestling is worse. His main area that he may struggle here is activity level. I don't think this will be a blowout by any means, but Tavares would have to fight a pretty poor fight to drop this one IMO.

Devil's advocate on Elias. I hate the dude but his striking is underrated. Tavares striking stinks defensively. His offense is not that good either.

Elias did very well versus Thiago Santos standing and actually took the first round spamming kicks on the outside. His defense was also very good as he got hit with one big shot the whole night.
Tavares has been tagged hard in a lot of his fights but that Hawaiian chin is so sturdy. I don't think Elias will finish him but he'll be able to tag him a lot imo. Also like you said he doesn't really have a high output standing.

Elias I think has the better wrestling and grappling on paper, if not even. It wasn't long ago Bubba freaking Mcdaniel took a round off Brad after he took him down and controlled him.
Elias was out-wrestled a bit by Mutante but Mutante is huge and has really good takedowns.

With that said I don't think it's gonna be a wrestling match. I think It's gonna be a craptastic kickboxing match with Elias playing on the outside doing his funky kicking game and outpointing Brad in rounds 1-2 and winning a 29-28 decision.
I think Brad is gonna be the bigger stronger fighter but I believe Elias is more skilled overall. Both of their styles are usually horrendous to watch though.

If Elias is somehow juiced, I won't touch anything but the over. If he's really juiced, I'll probably bet Brad and probably Brad points as I see him taking one round(probably the 3rd.)
Usually Brad is respected by the bookies so I'd like a good line on Elias. Brad was the favorite over Yoel, Whitaker, and Tim Boestch. He's been the underdog like twice in 14 UFC fights.

Michael Johnson is a ufc product.. he fought all the killers when Gaethie fought outside the ufc. With current odds Johnson is a smart bet, what do You think?
What are the "current odds?" Lines haven't dropped yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back