TUF 25 Finale - Gaethje vs Johnson - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see shit has died down on Cannon/Nick.....
images

Cannon used to weigh in 240 and fight HW, just slimmed down as he started taking training more seriously and became a FT fighter. Think the size/strength advantage is being overrated.

I realize that Gray Maynard is absolutely awful these days, but I can't ignore the fact that Ishihara just got dominated by Artem Lobov.

Would anyone be surprised if Gray "bullied" this kid around the cage for 3 rounds?

With that chin, he couldn't bully a toddler around the cage

images

Cannon used to weigh in 240 and fight HW, just slimmed down as he started taking training more seriously and became a FT fighter. Think the size/strength advantage is being overrated.

The biggest factor in that fight by far to me is that Cannon was training to fight Bosse and even talked about how he was looking to wrestle offensively. That's definitely not something that should make you feel warm and fuzzy when betting a moderate/heavy favorite.

The biggest factor in that fight by far to me is that Cannon was training to fight Bosse and even talked about how he was looking to wrestle offensively. That's definitely not something that should make you feel warm and fuzzy when betting a moderate/heavy favorite.

I 100% liked the Bosse matchup better and was planning on using Cannon in a 5u double and probably playing his ITD/KO line as well. Now I am just playing him small, so I agree the short notice replacement and style switch-up did him no favors.

Can someone be a man and talk me down on betting Dollaway

Herman can't stop that takedown and that's all CB will need

images

He fought one ufc hw fight at 265

just don't go big on this fight. both guys are past their prime and have been out a while. both are a bit slow and both are flawed defensively.

Herman can probably make this a fight. It just depends if he gasses or not. Dollaway also likes to stand too much and I wouldn't be shocked if he fights in the clinch too. Not that Herman has ever looked like a world beater or anything, but he did beat Boetsch and his recent losses are to Krylov, Brunson, Leites, and Souza. I'd be surprised to see Dollaway just cruise here.

His path to victory is the wrestling, but he hasn't been setting up his takedowns lately, he has an iffy chin and this is his first fight at LHW. Small bet / dog or pass IMO

Anyone here on Lima over Taylor? I'm surprised by the line movement.

A past his prime Marquardt knocked him stiff and he hasnt fought in almost 2 years

Uhhhh i gotta duck this one for DraftKings I think

Locks of the night
For me (please debate me)

Ishihara
Krause
Tavares
Jordan Johnson
Angela hill

Please debate me

Locks of the night

Ishihara
Krause
Tavares
Jordan Johnson
Angela hill

Please debate me

None of them are locks.

Ishi, Krause and Jordan are safest imo.

Also like Tavares and Hill to win.

Locks of the night

Ishihara
Krause
Tavares
Jordan Johnson
Angela hill

Please debate me

Why do you like Tavares and what would you cap him at?

Why do you like Tavares and what would you cap him at?

I'm not betting him directly but will be using him in a lot of DK teams (cash games) because I feel he will engage Elias enough to the point where he will edge the win, since Elias likes to do pretty much nothing.

I'm not betting him directly but will be using him in a lot of DK teams (cash games) because I feel he will engage Elias enough to the point where he will edge the win, since Elias likes to do pretty much nothing.

Elias does a lot of "nothing" though and Tavares prob wont land anything more significant than some strong leg kicks. Theodorou often outstrikes his opponents 2:1 or more, and Tavares is not known for his volume punching.

Elias does a lot of "nothing" though and Tavares prob wont land anything more significant than some strong leg kicks. Theodorou often outstrikes his opponents 2:1 or more, and Tavares is not known for his volume punching.

Agree with you my man and as unprofessional as this sounds..
I just like Tavares attitude, can't see him letting Elias get away it 'Sam alvey' style
I'm taking him on a gut instinct so let's not get carried away but let's be honest
It's gonna be a decision, probably split? I'll side with Tavares

Agree with you my man and as unprofessional as this sounds..
I just like Tavares attitude, can't see him letting Elias get away it 'Sam alvey' style
I'm taking him on a gut instinct so let's not get carried away but let's be honest
It's gonna be a decision, probably split? I'll side with Tavares

Yeah, I think it will be a close decision either way. I like a few of the bgger dogs on this card; Klose, Roehrick, Gaejthe but I dont feel super confident in any of them.

I am small but I'd be more happy if Taylor wins.

honestly i'm rooting for both dudes. no one can say dhiego doesn't seem like a genuinely friendly/kind dude. he's obviously not as good as douglas but it'd be cool to see him realize this 250k win and what-not.

JT money for the story, moreso, yea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back