TUF 25 Finale - Gaethje vs Johnson - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not him, but I'm thinking about it this way:
When a non-wrestler fights a wrestler, the non-wrestler NEEDS to stop the wrestler or they will lose by decision.
If Cannonier loses power late, he loses that ability to finish the fight. The fact that he can win a decision on the feet is questionably relevant due to his poor takedown defense.

Yes, I've watched the little tape on Roehrick. I saw him eat a few shots, but you know what I didn't see? Him getting rocked. A solid chin and mediocre takedowns might be all you need to beat Cannonier. At +200, this is the play.

There's no proof he loses power late he has excellent cardio and was unloading on Cute in r3. Only reason Cute survived is cos he has an insane chin.

Cringe, that's all I can say.

I already gave my thoughts on it pages back, so you're wrong there.

I don't hope Cannonier loses so I can gloat, I hope he loses to show people it's ignorant to write a debutante off based on his previous fights, as I've already said before people can look completely different in a short amount of time.

There are 2 types of people on here, the ones who can accept different points from other posters and are open to discussion. The other type are the ones who refuse to take anyone's opinions and thought's at all and say it's a lock and then mock the people on the other side. It would take me 2 minutes to find an example of it happening but I won't post it because I can't be arsed with the drama.

I was very open to discussion and even stated of course Cannonier is the rightful favourite, but I do believe Roehrick can get him down and he has the tools to win it, simple as that. Then you come in saying he looks terrible and that you think Sherdog is getting worse, no wonder you don't come post here anymore. Jusr because you don't like what you see on tape, someone else might spot something they do like.

No-one is above anyone else on here, no need for entitled and boastful opinions, everyone's input and thoughts are welcomed.
lol, bro you obvious was the more offended one. Discussions are healthy, but not when someone just say oh he will win because he is a D1 wrestler and look at the match up on paper without really breaking it down. I guess we will see what happens tonight. But one thing I wont be saying is man I hope Cannon can win so I can rub it in your face like you basically said.

Good luck tonight though my man, let's see what happens. I am more then happy to eat my words if Nick can ground him, but I don't see it happening <Goldie11>

Idk how yall can be getting so worked up with this glorious weekend upon us. Maybe its just me, but when ive got over $5k spread across this weekend the last thing I wanna be doing is arguing over fucking Cannonier vs Roehrick

@Sham5916910 I respect your capping a lot. Did you finalize your two-teamer for this event? Would I find it in the official bets thread?

That makes zero sense. Only two people have lasted longer than 7 minutes and one was Cutelaba who has an insane chin and got bombed on in r3. How can you say hes a front runner when only two people have gone longer than 7 mins and one was a guy with an incredible chin. You need more than two examples to make a case for what you are saying especially when one of those guys is freakin hard as nails.

why are you telling me what i need? i already explained how i think nick can win this fight.

and i said that you can make a case that he is a front-runner because he has no finishes over the first seven minutes of a fight over a small sample size. i never said that he is 100 percent a front runner.

relax. sounds like you bet a lot of money on cannon and are having second thoughts

Cringe, that's all I can say.

I already gave my thoughts on it pages back, so you're wrong there.

I don't hope Cannonier loses so I can gloat, I hope he loses to show people it's ignorant to write a debutante off based on his previous fights, as I've already said before people can look completely different in a short amount of time.

There are 2 types of people on here, the ones who can accept different points from other posters and are open to discussion. The other type are the ones who refuse to take anyone's opinions and thought's at all and say it's a lock and then mock the people on the other side. It would take me 2 minutes to find an example of it happening but I won't post it because I can't be arsed with the drama.

I was very open to discussion and even stated of course Cannonier is the rightful favourite, but I do believe Roehrick can get him down and he has the tools to win it, simple as that. Then you come in saying he looks terrible and that you think Sherdog is getting worse, no wonder you don't come post here anymore. Just because you don't like what you see on tape, someone else might spot something they do like.

No-one is above anyone else on here, no need for entitled and boastful opinions, everyone's input and thoughts are welcomed.

Ok I will just hope a fighters has improved in area's I have never seen before and stop looking at previous fights for breakdowns <{cruzshake}>

lol, bro you obvious was the more offended one. Discussions are healthy, but not when someone just say oh he will win because he is a D1 wrestler and look at the match up on paper without really breaking it down. I guess we will see what happens tonight. But one thing I wont be saying is man I hope Cannon can win so I can rub it in your face like you basically said.

Good luck tonight though my man, let's see what happens. I am more then happy to eat my words if Nick can ground him, but I don't see it happening <Goldie11>

Wouldn't be that much of a rub in the face considering Cannonier is the rightful favourite, I'm just making a point that Roehrick has the tools to beat him, by no means saying it's a certainty. Like I said from the start, that's the difference, I'm very open to who could win and the various points, others are not and that's why it would be nice to see Roehrick win; if I was saying "OMG Roehrick is a D1 wrestler he's obviously going to win, anyone on Cannonier is stupid" they you'd maybe have a point.

Anyone who has posts in these threads often and the Boxing thread knows I've broken down plenty of fights in great detail and watch all the footage I can.

Idk how yall can be getting so worked up with this glorious weekend upon us. Maybe its just me, but when ive got over $5k spread across this weekend the last thing I wanna be doing is arguing over fucking Cannonier vs Roehrick

Not arguing over the outcome of the fight or who should win really, just some peoples attitudes and not having the ability to be open to opinions. But yeah, great weekend of MMA and Boxing ahead so better things to focus on.

just watched Diakese VS Perez.

I am a firm believer that Perez is not UFC -caliber.

Anyone else think that Klose is a live dog here?

I have bet Klose Ml and Dec small, think Diak can be wrestled and may put himself in vulnerable spots with his flashy strikes. Perez showed that Diak can be grounded and held there as well.

I tend to agree with you guys. I'm on Klose decision small. I was actually expecting him to be a bigger dog here. I'm not overly impressed with Klose but I think Diakiese has more to prove and I wouldn't be shocked if Klose grinded him out. That said, I do think Diakiese has a lot of potential and he we may see big improvements from fight to fight.

Lol I do like how that fight is causing the most controversy out of all of the fights this weekend.

Wouldn't be that much of a rub in the face considering Cannonier is the rightful favourite, I'm just making a point that Roehrick has the tools to beat him, by no means saying it's a certainty. Like I said from the start, that's the difference, I'm very open to who could win and the various points, others are not and that's why it would be nice to see Roehrick win; if I was saying "OMG Roehrick is a D1 wrestler he's obviously going to win, anyone on Cannonier is stupid" they you'd maybe have a point.

Anyone who has posts in these threads often and the Boxing thread knows I've broken down plenty of fights in great detail and watch all the footage I can.
That comment wasn't directed at you but you got worked up over a comment that wasn't even directed at you. I have not seen your breakdown pages back so all I can say is good luck. What is your final bet then? You actually making a bet on this or just stating your opinion? I have Cannon in some parlays

Ok I will just hope a fighters has improved in area's I have never seen before and stop looking at previous fights for breakdowns <{cruzshake}>

Grow up, you don't know who's watched tape or not. I watch plenty and break it down and have for years. Bye.

Example

That comment wasn't directed at you but you got worked up over a comment that wasn't even directed at you. I have not seen your breakdown pages back so all I can say is good luck. What is your final bet then? You actually making a bet on this or just stating your opinion? I have Cannon in some parlays

A little on Roehrick but nothing near what I would place normally, I just see some value from what I've seen, simple as that. I have Cannon TKO in a small parlay too.

why are you telling me what i need? i already explained how i think nick can win this fight.

and i said that you can make a case that he is a front-runner because he has no finishes over the first seven minutes of a fight over a small sample size. i never said that he is 100 percent a front runner.

relax. sounds like you bet a lot of money on cannon and are having second thoughts

Saying he is a front runner is baseless. And no im not having second thoughts lol and i only have a unit on cannon so it doesn't break me

Grow up, you don't know who's watched tape or not. I watch plenty and break it down and have for years. Bye.

Example
haha fly away CROW, and hopefully you don't eat CROW tonight. :) Good luck man this was all humor for me. Good stuff may the best man win

In BigNick's defense, it is pretty obvious that a lot of the posters here do not watch tape.

Anyways, I am on the following for tonight:

MJ, Jordan, Ishi, Lima/Torres over - pretty big
theo/tavares over - medium
Krause - small
Cannon - small
Klose - small
Tavares - small

Who cares if someone "watches tape"? I think it's hilarious how serious some of you guys take yourselves in regards to betting. There are a lot of people who watched tape and missed a play like Guida over Koch. There are people that sit here and argue their plays from their extensive tape studies and then they end up losing.

The worst argument you can make on someone is taking a superiority stance by simply saying, "I watched tape bro, trust me".

In BigNick's defense, it is pretty obvious that a lot of the posters here do not watch tape.

Anyways, I am on the following for tonight:

MJ, Jordan, Ishi, Lima/Torres over - pretty big
theo/tavares over - medium
Krause - small
Cannon - small
Klose - small
Tavares - small
A lot of people tail too and even admit they tale. But to each their own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back