TUF 25 Finale - Gaethje vs Johnson - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? He won a decision against Cutelaba who won r1. R3 was Cannons best round

i think cannon is going to have a 20 pound weight advantage that cutelaba did not have. becasue cannon was able to get up agaisnt ion does not mean that he is going to get up against nick

he could get top postion and never relinquish it because of the weight

I was at first, but after seeing Ish looking great at the weigh ins, added 10 pounds of muscle and was stuffing Guida's take downs in a video I am not worried anymore.

I don't buy the 10 pounds of muscle comment they said

Well I guess that is were we disagree. I was not impressed with his take downs. I saw he got one by catching a kick, another one by his oppoent trying for a takedown and him swtiching it up against the fence.

The fact that Cannon has quit his day job and training full time MMA since May means we should also see a improved Cannon, and I was already impressed with his performance and ability to hold his own on his back against Glover.

i dont think he needs amazing td's though to takedown Cannon. he was taken down with ease against Cute and Glover.. and i dont think going full time for 2 month is going to fix his tdd especially not when he did this hole camp training for a pure striker

Well I guess that is were we disagree. I was not impressed with his take downs. I saw he got one by catching a kick, another one by his oppoent trying for a takedown and him swtiching it up against the fence.

The fact that Cannon has quit his day job and training full time MMA since May means we should also see a improved Cannon, and I was already impressed with his performance and ability to hold his own on his back against Glover.
People weren't impressed with Gillespies grappling much either before he came to the UFC because he had scrambles vs lower level guys. But Roehrick is D1 wrestler. Granted idk much more than that, but D1 is no joke and anyone thinking "there's 24 fights this weekend. Let me bet Cannonier -250 against some unknown prospect who on paper has a potential kryptonite background" is being pretty irrational with the amount of better bets in the same price range imo.

Ok, it could happen, but I see it playing out on the feet with Jared clipping him. But if that is your view why did you go Cannon dec? Cannon by Tko is more likely, and Nick by dec is likely if he wins. That would have been the way to go imo, if you wanted to hedge.

because cannon has one stoppage after seven minutes

if nick can get the td and and win the 1rst then there is a good chance taht the fight is going to go to the cards and since there is no live betting offered on this card i have to take the hedge now

if there as lb offered, i wouldve waited until then end of the first round to bet cannon

just watched Diakese VS Perez.

I am a firm believer that Perez is not UFC -caliber.

Anyone else think that Klose is a live dog here?

i think cannon is going to have a 20 pound weight advantage that cutelaba did not have. becasue cannon was able to get up agaisnt ion does not mean that he is going to get up against nick

he could get top postion and never relinquish it because of the weight

What? You said Cannon is a front runner so i was explaining how he clearly is not.

"I think sherdog is getting worse and worse man smh, no wonder I don't come here as often anymore."

Well then don't come here and post if other peoples opinions on fights bothers you so much.

So Sherdog is getting worse because people think Roehrick has a chance of winning and like the odds? Shut up.

Also not once did I claim to know it all, I have said since the start that Cannonier is rightful favourite but Roehrick has the tools to win, simple as that.
Because people say there opinion with out even breaking down the fight or watching tape, just look at the match up on paper and then assume. This is going on with Justin too, people see his 17-0 record against a 17-10 MJ and think he is going to take him out. If your going to say lol @ betting Cannon/Nick with out breaking it down then I don't respect what you have to say. That's not directed at you btw, and my opinion about sherdog getting worse is just not about people's thoughts on this fight, but a lot of fights recently.

Btw, to say you wish Cannon loses so the so called no it all can eat their words and so you can gloat just shows that you just really care about trying to gloat and say oh look I told you Nick would give him trouble. If Cannon wins what are you going to say? You will shut your mouth and say fooking nothing! I took a page out of conor there. And if/when Cannon wins I won't be coming back here saying I told you so, I will just improve my bankroll and move on.

Last but no less, shut it now.

Last edited:
People weren't impressed with Gillespies grappling much either before he came to the UFC because he had scrambles vs lower level guys. But Roehrick is D1 wrestler. Granted idk much more than that, but D1 is no joke and anyone thinking "there's 24 fights this weekend. Let me bet Cannonier -250 against some unknown prospect who on paper has a potential kryptonite background" is being pretty irrational with the amount of better bets in the same price range imo.

im gonna bet 5 units on flakey santos instead

im gonna bet 5 units on flakey santos instead
I know you look up to me, but for ffs youre a grown man. You have to handle it better when my opinion differs from yours. Its gonna happen. Take a breather boo, you'll be alright.

What? You said Cannon is a front runner so i was explaining how he clearly is not.

i was referring to cannons kos

i bet cannon dec because i believe that he is a front runner in that if you can survive the intial onlslaught you dont have to worry so much about being kod later and gameplan around that.

zab judah was known to be a front runner(high ko ratio in the first four rounds) but still won rounds later in his fights but with wihthvery few stoppages

i think we just have different definitions of what a front runner is

because cannon has one stoppage after seven minutes

if nick can get the td and and win the 1rst then there is a good chance taht the fight is going to go to the cards and since there is no live betting offered on this card i have to take the hedge now

if there as lb offered, i wouldve waited until then end of the first round to bet cannon
He was lighting Ion up in the 3rd round, it's not out of the question he gets a finish after the 7 mins. But I get your point. Good luck though

just watched Diakese VS Perez.

I am a firm believer that Perez is not UFC -caliber.

Anyone else think that Klose is a live dog here?

I have bet Klose Ml and Dec small, think Diak can be wrestled and may put himself in vulnerable spots with his flashy strikes. Perez showed that Diak can be grounded and held there as well.

Because people say there opinion with out even breaking down the fight or watching tape, just look at the match up on paper and then assume. This is going on with Justin too, people see his 17-0 record against a 17-10 MJ and think he is going to take him out. If your going to say lol @ bettign Cannon/Nick with out breaking it down then I don't respect what you have to say. That's not directed at you btw, and my opionon about sherdog getting worse is just now about people's thoughts on this fight, but a lot of fights recently.

Btw, to say you wish Cannon loses so the so called no it all can eat their words and so you can gloat just shows that you just really care about trying to gloat and say oh look I told you Nick would give him trouble. If Cannon wins what are you going to say? You will shut your mouth and say fooking nothing! I took a page out of conor there. And if/when Cannon wins I won't be coming back here saying I told you so, I will just improve my bankroll and move on.

The problem with this forum is that people are so one sided when breaking down a fight that they sound like idiots. This is why they get upset when someone brings up a countering point. And guess what, there are countering points in most fights. People will break down a -150 favorite like he should be -600.

He was lighting Ion up in the 3rd round, it's not out of the question he gets a finish after the 7 mins. But I get your point. Good luck though

i generally never bet on fights that dont offer live betting and i would not be surpised if i lost both bets.

Because people say there opinion with out even breaking down the fight or watching tape, just look at the match up on paper and then assume. This is going on with Justin too, people see his 17-0 record against a 17-10 MJ and think he is going to take him out. If your going to say lol @ bettign Cannon/Nick with out breaking it down then I don't respect what you have to say. That's not directed at you btw, and my opionon about sherdog getting worse is just now about people's thoughts on this fight, but a lot of fights recently.

Cringe, that's all I can say.

I already gave my thoughts on it pages back, so you're wrong there.

I don't hope Cannonier loses so I can gloat, I hope he loses to show people it's ignorant to write a debutante off based on his previous fights, as I've already said before people can look completely different in a short amount of time.

There are 2 types of people on here, the ones who can accept different points from other posters and are open to discussion. The other type are the ones who refuse to take anyone's opinions and thought's at all and say it's a lock and then mock the people on the other side. It would take me 2 minutes to find an example of it happening but I won't post it because I can't be arsed with the drama.

I was very open to discussion and even stated of course Cannonier is the rightful favourite, but I do believe Roehrick can get him down and he has the tools to win it, simple as that. Then you come in saying he looks terrible and that you think Sherdog is getting worse, no wonder you don't come post here anymore. Just because you don't like what you see on tape, someone else might spot something they do like.

No-one is above anyone else on here, no need for entitled and boastful opinions, everyone's input and thoughts are welcomed.

The problem with this forum is that people are so one sided when breaking down a fight that they sound like idiots. This is why they get upset when someone brings up a countering point. And guess what, there are countering points in most fights. People will break down a -150 favorite like he should be -600.

Exactly what I've just posted too, some people are just not able to accept any argument or input from the other side and I can find plenty examples, it's silly.

I def don't get upset, I like to see different views. I was actually asking a honest question when I asked if people have watched his past fights and what they see in his take downs and his poor striking offense and defense. But let's be honest, most don't watch past fights, just look at match ups on paper.

I'm not him, but I'm thinking about it this way:
When a non-wrestler fights a wrestler, the non-wrestler NEEDS to stop the wrestler or they will lose by decision.
If Cannonier loses power late, he loses that ability to finish the fight. The fact that he can win a decision on the feet is questionably relevant due to his poor takedown defense.

Yes, I've watched the little tape on Roehrick. I saw him eat a few shots, but you know what I didn't see? Him getting rocked. A solid chin and mediocre takedowns might be all you need to beat Cannonier. At +200, this is the play.

i was referring to cannons kos

i bet cannon dec because i believe that he is a front runner in that if you can survive the intial onlslaught you dont have to worry so much about being kod later and gameplan around that.

zab judah was known to be a front runner(high ko ratio in the first four rounds) but still won rounds later in his fights but with wihthvery few stoppages

i think we just have different definitions of what a front runner is

That makes zero sense. Only two people have lasted longer than 7 minutes and one was Cutelaba who has an insane chin and got bombed on in r3. How can you say hes a front runner when only two people have gone longer than 7 mins and one was a guy with an incredible chin. You need more than two examples to make a case for what you are saying especially when one of those guys is freakin hard as nails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back