TUF 24 Rankings in hindsight

JohnBergman85

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Now that the tournament is pretty much over, how would you rank the fighters. Some of them seemed over and under rated in the rankings on the show, like Yoni, Shelton and Page.

Here is the show's rankings and when they were picked, for reference and comparison

1. Alexandre Pantoja (Second pick)
2.Yoni Sherbatov (Fourth pick)
3.Tim Elliott (First pick)
4.Damacio Page (Third pick)
5.Hiromasa Ogikubo (Seventh pick)
6.Matt Schnell (Sixth pick)
7.Ronaldo Cândido (Fifth pick)
8.Terrence Mitchell
9.Kai Kara-France (Eighth pick)
10.Jamie Alvarez
11.Matt Rizzo
12.Nkazimulo Zulu
13.Adam Antolin
14.Charlie Arnaiz
15.Eric Shelton
16.Brandon Moreno

All I will say is that it's quite funny that the finals will be between Elliott (first pick) and Hiromasa (in effect, 2nd last pick.)

No doubt Page should not have been anywhere near the top 8.

Moreno, Shelton, and Ogikubo turned out to be sleepers. Even though Moreno lost, with his win over Smolka, he's already a threat in the division.

Many criticized Sherbatov's seeding, but I'd still have him in the top 8.

I'd put him in this order:

15.Eric Shelton
13.Adam Antolin
16.Brandon Moreno
10.Jamie Alvarez
11.Matt Rizzo
14.Charlie Alaniz
12.Nkazimulo Zulu
8.Terrence Mitchell

I'd put him in this order:

15.Eric Shelton
13.Adam Antolin
16.Brandon Moreno
10.Jamie Alvarez
11.Matt Rizzo
14.Charlie Alaniz
12.Nkazimulo Zulu
8.Terrence Mitchell
You've got Page and Antolin way too high, and Sherbatov way too low. Hard to disagree with your bottom 4 in any order.

You've got Page and Antolin way too high, and Sherbatov way too low. Hard to disagree with your bottom 4 in any order.

Page has heavy hands, I think he has a good chance to KO some guys
I've watched some Sherbatov's fights after his loss on TUF and I'm not impressed by his performance

<{hughesimpress}>

The finals is Hiromasa Ogikubo vs Tim Elliott. Winner of that fight gets Demetrious. Whole bracket is here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ultimate_Fighter:_Tournament_of_Champions

Ogikubo wrestled his way to the finals. Eric Shelton turned out to be a real dark horse.
When I posted this, I actually thought the show was over. Didn't realise the finals/semi is pre-taped. I wonder if DJ knows the results before hand. I would assume so, so he can train for the winner.

When I posted this, I actually thought the show was over. Didn't realise the finals/semi is pre-taped. I wonder if DJ knows the results before hand. I would assume so, so he can train for the winner.
dj could go in the fight blindfolded and it still won't be a fair fight.

dj could go in the fight blindfolded and it still won't be a fair fight.
lol Good point. The only thing this season will accomplish is beefing up the 125 roster, which I'm cool with. The title shot thing was pointless though. It's sad that Dana has to keep saying all these guys could beat DJ, just to make them seem like legit contenders.

lol Good point. The only thing this season will accomplish is beefing up the 125 roster, which I'm cool with. The title shot thing was pointless though. It's sad that Dana has to keep saying all these guys could beat DJ, just to make them seem like legit contenders.
Well... anyone can beat anyone.

Literally 99% of sherdog said Holm had no chance against Rousey, that Bisping had no chance against Rockhold, that Dillashaw had no chance of Barao.

This is MMA. Shit happens.

I's hard to say. I thought Shelton beat Elliott, but who is better? I would have liked to have seen a third round for all the fights even the ones where someone clearly won the first 2. 2 round exhibition fights where they don't get much time in between fights isn't exactly the best stage to judge them especially people who only had 1 fight.

Lol, I still can't believe we are going to see MM vs Tim Elliot for a title fight in 2016. Jesus.

Well... anyone can beat anyone.

Literally 99% of sherdog said Holm had no chance against Rousey, that Bisping had no chance against Rockhold, that Dillashaw had no chance of Barao.

This is MMA. Shit happens.
Oh absolutely! I'm just sick of hearing Dana say the same thing for every fighter, on every episode. I get it's his job as a promoter, it's just really insulting and annoying.

I's hard to say. I thought Shelton beat Elliott, but who is better? I would have liked to have seen a third round for all the fights even the ones where someone clearly won the first 2. 2 round exhibition fights where they don't get much time in between fights isn't exactly the best stage to judge them especially people who only had 1 fight.
I agree, especially with what's at stake.

I feel like they put 4 of the best 6 right next to each other in the opening round. Circled in red not including Terrence Mitchell.

TUF Bracket.png

Also this photo is suppose to be 1/3 the size, why is it every time I post the pictures end up so big?

Back